Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Custom USB splitter solution for M3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi @skgolf91 , here is the amazon promo code: 7RN22R6F
note: Amazon requires 4 hours in order to activate the coupon so please use it after 5:00PM PST.
Weird, it didn't work for me when I just tried it a few minutes ago, but didn't care as I still ordered it at full price anyways since it's only a couple of bucks saving, and said Saturday delivery.

It'll be my 2nd one that I'm running.... first one is already in the car splitting between power & my SSD drive for sentry mode, and this one will split between power & a USB 3.0 drive full of music.

• Love
Reactions: Navak and dmurphy
Weird, it didn't work for me when I just tried it a few minutes ago, but didn't care as I still ordered it at full price anyways since it's only a couple of bucks saving, and said Saturday delivery.

It'll be my 2nd one that I'm running.... first one is already in the car splitting between power & my SSD drive for sentry mode, and this one will split between power & a USB 3.0 drive full of music.
I just placed an order and it worked. He did say try it after 5pmPST/8pm eastern time.

Reactions: Navak
Another member here amazed at this part and just ordered. Happy to support you!

I was actually willing to settle for the y splitter solution for the Nomad charging pad, but I get irked by tangled and messy wires so I'm glad I found this. The faster charging is great and it's fantastic that's it's done in a simple and clean design.

• Love
Reactions: Navak
Just changed my order to one rather than two. Any plans for doing anything similar with the usb c side?
I believe the new configuration is two USB-C in the console (plus two more for rear seat access) and zero USB-A (which is what the Navak uses). Not sure if the Navak has any plans for a USB-C version since the significant reason for having a splitter was to accommodate having both a wireless charger and storage capabilities (for Sentry and/or music). If Tesla provides the wireless charging, you now have two USB-C ports to use for Sentry and storage. About the only reason for a splitter now would be if you use separate drives for Sentry and storage AND want to be able to plug in game controller(s).

The Navak is a great product: I have two in my car. The recent development by Tesla will significantly wipe out the need for this product (just like the addition of being able to view footage in your car virtually eliminated the need for the Roadie).

I believe the new configuration is two USB-C in the console (plus two more for rear seat access) and zero USB-A (which is what the Navak uses). Not sure if the Navak has any plans for a USB-C version since the significant reason for having a splitter was to accommodate having both a wireless charger and storage capabilities (for Sentry and/or music). If Tesla provides the wireless charging, you now have two USB-C ports to use for Sentry and storage. About the only reason for a splitter now would be if you use separate drives for Sentry and storage AND want to be able to plug in game controller(s).

The Navak is a great product: I have two in my car. The recent development by Tesla will significantly wipe out the need for this product (just like the addition of being able to view footage in your car virtually eliminated the need for the Roadie).

Not so quick ...

My understanding is that the rear ports are 2x USB-C, but the front console ports are 1x USB-C and 1x USB-A.

Given that the wireless charging pad consumes the USB-C port in the front, the Navak splitter (especially Gen2 with the SD card reader!) becomes more important than ever. It's a top shelf, high quality product with the best functionality going.

In fact, I need to order another for our pending Model X. Thanks for the reminder.