Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Customized Roadsters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was all jealous until we got to the comedy horn!

That aside; what a lovely piece of work; I especially like the door treatment and double-DIN audio. I'm not a fan of LED DRL's but when done that well :wink: maybe I can be swayed. The blue pool lighting at the door though; just class.

While I certainly wouldn't have made the same customization choices, even with an unlimited budget, what you've done is amazing. In addition, you help all of us see different options, all of which are now available to any Roadster owner, because you blaze the trail. I agree with MPT that the Double DIN (with movement of the vents) is the most outstanding feature. Enjoy, and thanks for showing us!

He's probably the first one to do "double din" in a Tesla, but check out these pics from a similar vehicle from a year ago...

Attachments

• doubledin1.jpg
    doubledin1.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 317
  • doubledin2.jpg
    doubledin2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 317
  • doubledin3.jpg
    doubledin3.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 309
One of the things I did with my Roadster, without the help of West Hollywood , was to get a replica California BLACK license plate that were standard issue from before 1970. For me I liked the look on a black car. It currently is my avatar picture you can see on the left. The site I bought it from stated that as of 2008, the DMV recognizes his replicas as legal. If you have the sequential or vanity plate, he'd make you a replica. The site is misleading as it does not spell out that if your car was originally issues a black (or a blue & yellow for 1970-1980ish) plate, THEN it would be legal. Otherwise a Tesla can not "wear" any other plates than those that were issued to it. I found this out today when a CHP officer pulled me over and that is all he wanted to tell me. He gave me a warning, though could have issued me a fix-it ticket; glad it was the former and not the latter. Wanted to share it with y'all. :redface:

You can reference Vehicle Code Sections 5200 & 4805 as they specifically address the issuance of license plates. :cursing:

It's similar over here. If your car is pre-73 then you can legally have the white on black plates, otherwise you have to have the white at front, yellow at back combination. Many people flout this and seem to get away with it, though. Supposedly the old style doesn't show up on radar traps as easily.

Those big T E S L A door/sill stickers

Compared to some of the stuff in this thread, it's a tiny customisation, but: Are the TESLA side door stickers (big letters along the base of the doors on some promo shots) available to customers? We opted for "Obsidian Black" so our car will be pretty low key but I do like those stickers.

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Compared to some of the stuff in this thread, it's a tiny customisation, but: Are the TESLA side door stickers (big letters along the base of the doors on some promo shots) available to customers? We opted for "Obsidian Black" so our car will be pretty low key but I do like those stickers.

Sorry if this is discussed elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

I'd ask your Tesla sales rep - and ask that it be done free. They do that on their cars for promotion. They shouldn't charge you to add that to the paint. :)

The side stickers are available from Tesla Stores, at least U.S. ones, for $100 for the set of two. The Seattle Store said the guy they recommend to do the installation charges $100. Four colors: light gray, dark gray, white, and red.

The side stickers are available from Tesla Stores, at least U.S. ones, for $100 for the set of two. The Seattle Store said the guy they recommend to do the installation charges $100. Four colors: light gray, dark gray, white, and red.

Cool, thanks for the info. In the course of the discussion, my better half "persuaded" me that we won't be putting those on our Roadster. Looks like we'll be needing a Roadster each now...