Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cyber Truck PreOrdered, Now I Can’ Sleep

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's awesome. Congrats.
Just keep in mind that it will be longer than 18-24 months. There are rumors out there that the Cybertruck has already racked up to million reservations already. So, even if they do start producing it at the end of next year, it will be awhile to get trough all of the reservations.
But don't lose hope. I had been waiting for the model 3 since 2006 when I first discovered Tesla.
I had to settle for a Chevy Volt for many years before I could finally buy the Model 3. The difference between a GM car and a Tesla is night and day. It's an amazing car.

By the way, I have a Cybertruck on order as well.

Reactions: SmartElectric
That's awesome. Congrats.
Just keep in mind that it will be longer than 18-24 months. There are rumors out there that the Cybertruck has already racked up to million reservations already. So, even if they do start producing it at the end of next year, it will be awhile to get trough all of the reservations.
But don't lose hope. I had been waiting for the model 3 since 2006 when I first discovered Tesla.
I had to settle for a Chevy Volt for many years before I could finally buy the Model 3. The difference between a GM car and a Tesla is night and day. It's an amazing car.

By the way, I have a Cybertruck on order as well.
I’m stupidly optimistic after reading that the Cybertruck preorders may actually be closer to 200k instead but I’ll try to get some sleep till it comes out. It just looks amazing and checks almost all the boxes I could ever ask for!

I’m stupidly optimistic after reading that the Cybertruck preorders may actually be closer to 200k instead but I’ll try to get some sleep till it comes out. It just looks amazing and checks almost all the boxes I could ever ask for!

Elon recently stated in an interview that the Cybertruck has more reservations than the Model 3 did so 200K is way low. I would bet it's in the one million range.

I feel like they will ramp production quickly on the Cybertruck due to it's relative ease of manufacturing and no paint. I think they will have enough batteries as well, which we'll understand better on battery investor day.

Reactions: El joe
Right?!? So excited!

I guess I'm not much different. I had to sell my baby, a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon on 35s, 2 of my jet skis, and my Tahoe, then if i squinted just right, and worked my arse off... i could "afford" my 2013 Model S way back in 2015... a lifetime ago.

That being my 3rd Jeep, no one could believe I'd let it go to get into a Tesla... I still miss my Jeep, but the times... they are a chargin'.