Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck is a scam.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lmao…. You can’t make this crap up lol
Even power window motors will overheat from excessive use. Go ahead, run yours back and forth until they stop.

They typically have self-resetting CBs inside for protection of the windings. Whether Tesla relies on those (possibly) or just runs their smart-FETs in the controllers to their thermal limits (or way below), it's not atypical of ANY electric motor protection.

Did anyone post a link to Sandy M.’s minor accident backing his CT up? He bemoaned the loss of the interior rear view mirror and the really poor visibility when the tonneau is closed. Stated using the side mirrors alone just doesn’t work and thats why he backed the truck into something. This is a really big problem that will only get bigger. Clearly the design folks completely missed how bad this would be and they seemed to have not even tested it with real truck users.

I predict the fix will be camera based. Oh and they need to add water cleaning to the rear camera. Another complete miss. Especially if they want to rely on it as a singular rear view when the tonneau is closed.

Reactions: primedive and MD70
idk I've driven trucks long before back up cameras were a thing, they're exceptionally useful for checking the rear blind spot directly behind the vehicle, but while actually backing I'm generally watching my side mirrors more than the camera or rearview. And of course, useless with a trailer.

idk I've driven trucks long before back up cameras were a thing, they're exceptionally useful for checking the rear blind spot directly behind the vehicle, but while actually backing I'm generally watching my side mirrors more than the camera or rearview. And of course, useless with a trailer.
Not sure if you've ever used an F150 with tow assist, but it makes it fool proof. I still use the side mirrors, just not the rearview.

Still, when towing or driving and backing in, I almost never use the rearview mirror

IMG_1121.jpeg

Looks liKe Rivian is still King

The “Brand New” CT is right on par with the 3 year old Lightning, and behind the 4 year old Rivian…. Tesla should be ashamed…

Last edited:
Not sure if you've ever used an F150 with tow assist, but it makes it fool proof. I still use the side mirrors, just not the rearview.

Still, when towing or driving and backing in, I almost never use the rearview mirror
The backup assist? I have it on my newer f150, I never use it tbh.

Looks liKe Rivian is still King

The “Brand New” CT is right on par with the 3 year old Lightning, and behind the 4 year old Rivian…. Tesla should be ashamed…

1710949411900.png

"Cosplay "off-road" tires" xD LOL

Reactions: P90D and coleAK
something to keep in mind, is that there is so much of the software with Cybertruck that is not even out yet. When i got my first Model 3 in 2017, it was a night and day difference after about a year when the firmware was heavily updated. Since i have gotten my Cybertruck, there has already been a significant amount of improvements with driving, handling, and charging. This entire thing is net new in many ways for Tesla, so the firmware to adapt to these net new components are still underway. Reviews could be different once the firmware is caught up, which is likely when we move out of the "foundation" series and into general production.

something to keep in mind, is that there is so much of the software with Cybertruck that is not even out yet. When i got my first Model 3 in 2017, it was a night and day difference after about a year when the firmware was heavily updated. Since i have gotten my Cybertruck, there has already been a significant amount of improvements with driving, handling, and charging. This entire thing is net new in many ways for Tesla, so the firmware to adapt to these net new components are still underway. Reviews could be different once the firmware is caught up, which is likely when we move out of the "foundation" series and into general production.

Some of us are tired of the "wait for the software update"

For a startup it's o.k., for the leader in EV's, putting out an unfinished product is insane.

For a startup it's o.k., for the leader in EV's, putting out an unfinished product is insane.
All of the automakers are doing the same, practically every major EV release have had software issues (or even serious hardware issues). It's pretty much the way forward now in order to get cars out quickly.

All of the automakers are doing the same, practically every major EV release have had software issues (or even serious hardware issues). It's pretty much the way forward now in order to get cars out quickly.

The problem is only Tesla gets the positive spin. Fisher was ripped recently for their trash software.....

This practice needs to stop. I understand software to improve on certain things or add entertainment options. However, missing FSD, AP, Lockers, etc etc is unacceptable.

I would prefer a product that can get better over time vs getting stuck with what you get when you take delivery. Now that many other automakers are moving towards OTA and stepping up their chops with software development, i think this new norm.

The problem is only Tesla gets the positive spin. Fisher was ripped recently for their trash software.....

This practice needs to stop. I understand software to improve on certain things or add entertainment options. However, missing FSD, AP, Lockers, etc etc is unacceptable.
Not true at all, Tesla has been trashed also in the media. Just look at the Jalopnik articles on the Cybertruck:

In fact, I would say Tesla gets a disproportionate amount of negative attention, because it drives more clicks.