Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck, it will be about the Tesla ecosystem around it (non Tesla Nightmare)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kpanda17

Oct 17, 2022
USA
The Cybertruck is cool and Tesla will make sure it’s has features it needs to be a success, but like our Tesla driving experience every day, it’s less about the vehicle and mostly about the amazing Tesla ecosystem around these vehicles.

The app, charging, customer service, buying accessories, etc

Here is a real, new Lightening ownership frustration that puts a bad focus on Ford:

the ecosystem makes ownership seamless
The video shows you Fords app sux
The app’s disfunction gives the family stress on rhe trip, lack of charging gives stress, and more

We can take for granted rhe far, far superior Tesla ecosystem, but we shouldn’t

Hint, this is a new video and shows Ford might be in the market for rhe Tesla OS/FSD
They might be the major auto manuf

Charging, its all about charging. The other things you mentioned don't even add up to charging. That is where Tesla destroys the competition so badly that I don't even consider any non-Tesla EVs to be viable for my use case.
You do realize that Ford, GM, Rivian, etc are all moving to NACS and will have the exact same access to the Tesla SC network, right? I think it's wonderful as it will eliminate your concern and allow one to choose the vehicle that fits them best from the manufacturer that treats them best without worrying about charging infrastructure.

You do realize that Ford, GM, Rivian, etc are all moving to NACS and will have the exact same access to the Tesla SC network, right? I think it's wonderful as it will eliminate your concern and allow one to choose the vehicle that fits them best from the manufacturer that treats them best without worrying about charging infrastructure.
I do realize that and fully expect a class action lawsuit against tesla by share holders. Allowing other manufacturers access to the Tesla charging network flat out devalues Tesla stock.

I do realize that and fully expect a class action lawsuit against tesla by share holders. Allowing other manufacturers access to the Tesla charging network flat out devalues Tesla stock.
Huh? Why? The stock went up A LOT after the Ford NACS announcement. It literally started a huge ramp on May 25th and has continued with the other announcements. The stock would have to go DOWN for there to be a reason to sue.

like our Tesla driving experience every day, it’s less about the vehicle and mostly about the amazing Tesla ecosystem around these vehicles.

1691728304927.png

You’re saying the Tesla ecosystem is nonsense in this box?
I don’t agree.

We are watching the tentacles of rhe Tesla ecosystem positively impacting everywhere.
By me in rhe northeast, Tesla VPPs are starting.
Texas got through the hottest summer on record without electrical brownouts due to solar, wind and Tesla Powerwalls.
Parts of Australia are 100% renewable.

The Cybertruck is cool and Tesla will make sure it’s has features it needs to be a success, but like our Tesla driving experience every day, it’s less about the vehicle and mostly about the amazing Tesla ecosystem around these vehicles.

Here is a real, new Lightening ownership frustration that puts a bad focus on Ford:
customer service????

lol. don't get me wrong.... I drive Tesla for over 4 years now and would always recommend a Model 3 as best value between price/ performance/ range to my friends... but "customer service" as a strength of the Tesla eco system?

- mobile service is great if they can fix what you need...

everything aside from mobile service is subpar and worse than nearly all OEMs / Dealerships:

- cant ever talk to a human being, all app based, appointments get rescheduled without explanation, often weeks out
- part availability still a mess, weeks for simple repairs
- uber credit only, no loaners
- service centers undersized / understaffed for amount of vehicles on the road
- warranty work is sometimes done, sometimes the same work done elsewhere is rejected and overall you have to "fight" for them to accept a warranty claim

customer service????

lol. don't get me wrong.... I drive Tesla for over 4 years now and would always recommend a Model 3 as best value between price/ performance/ range to my friends... but "customer service" as a strength of the Tesla eco system?

everything aside from mobile service is subpar and worse than nearly all OEMs / Dealerships:

- cant ever talk to a human being, all app based, appointments get rescheduled without explanation, often weeks out
- warranty work is sometimes done, sometimes the same work done elsewhere is rejected and overall you have to "fight" for them to accept a warranty claim
Everything with the Mobile service is terrible. Been there. Done that.

You’re saying the Tesla ecosystem is nonsense in this box?

I am saying - what ecosystem?
It's just a car.

With a LOT of BS and propaganda of broken promises from the OEM and it's flaky CEO. But once you shovel off the BS, you are left with just a car.
That we all drive.
That is imperfect, but still arguably the best EV value prop on the market right now.
We wish it was better in many important ways that you would know if you owned one. For example, it depreciates faster than a used tampon, but we still like it.

We are watching the tentacles of rhe Tesla ecosystem positively impacting everywhere.
By me in rhe northeast, Tesla VPPs are starting.

Startling you how?
If too startled, sit down, have a beer, and it will get better!

Texas got through the hottest summer on record without electrical brownouts due to solar, wind and Tesla Powerwalls.

Do you have ANY evidence to reference that would back up this claim?
Or you just made it up?

Parts of Australia are 100% renewable.

Who cares?!!
bcc8acd0632f0361c7e0ef546e559454.jpg

Reactions: TessP100D
This is how the powerwall benefited people from last winter

This forum is about sharing information, review, discussion, questioning and debate

If you not interested in this method of collaboration please don’t respond

I am very experienced with two Teslas, powerwall a and solar
I’m all in, eyes wide open and loving the ecosystem
It’s not just about the vehicle but everything around it

Reactions: Darmie
I am saying - what ecosystem?
It's just a car.

With a LOT of BS and propaganda of broken promises from the OEM and it's flaky CEO. But once you shovel off the BS, you are left with just a car.
That we all drive.
That is imperfect, but still arguably the best EV value prop on the market right now.
We wish it was better in many important ways that you would know if you owned one. For example, it depreciates faster than a used tampon, but we still like it.

Startling you how?
If too startled, sit down, have a beer, and it will get better!

Do you have ANY evidence to reference that would back up this claim?
Or you just made it up?

Who cares?!!
bcc8acd0632f0361c7e0ef546e559454.jpg
The notion that Tesla powerwalls are saving Texas in addition to wind/ solar is laughable ... so easy to check:

Grid and Market Conditions (fuel mix)

wind + solar are important with around ~30% in the summer but natural gas is ramped up to 50-60% during peak consumption to fill the gap.
power storage is neglible as there aren't battery storage units from a commercial viewpoint used in texas in a meaningful way. and residential powerwall installation is likely super rare due to costs and lack of state incentives.

customer service????

The loaner availibility is by location. Charlotte SC always has loaners and usually in pretty good condition.

They had a MSP loaner they gave someone last I was there.

But loaners have been rare from any dealership recently. Go look at the BMW forums.