Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We can all agree that Most CT drivers will be running around thinking they can tackle off roading stock because Musk said so…

Apparently the driver was out there with his son, claimed it was software issues to the locker

I bet there are some that try it out as a boat as well! With the Rivian, they certify 3' of water for a distance is no issue. They even provided a video of it, back in the day.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
That looks like an F350 which doesn't come standard with a winch either. If you want one add one, to either truck.

Physics matter, no matter the planet. Looking at the dip, the angle and the packed ice, anything out there would have gotten stuck, not sure even chains would have mattered.

I agree the driver was 🤦‍♂️
A winch is available from Ford as a dealer installed option, in addition to third party options. Same with RAM pickups, you can add a winch as a dealer installed accessory from RAM. The RAM 2500 Powerwagon actually comes standard with a front bumper mounted winch.

• Informative
Reactions: outdoors and jebinc
Hey - I'm back. I saw the CyberTruck for the first time up close.

However - the other point is... wait for it.... wait for it....

That "no named product" drove from my driveway - all the way to Naperville Il Tesla WITHOUT any intervention. AND BACK AGAIN with no interventions.
Naperville IL Tesla is 32 miles from my driveway. It even self-parked itself when I got there. Thats why I want this "no named product" on my Cybertruck.

So. 14 miles of local roads/stop signs/stoplights/left hand turns/etc. and the rest on 5 different expressways. NO interventions.

I need for anyone to give me suggestions as to any other system I can use to try it again tomorrow or later this week. What other system do you know of that can get me from my driveway to Naperville IL Tesla with no braking/acceleration/steering? It was fun.

I don't care what it is named.... just give me some suggestions that you are confident of that can do that.

Anywhoo, here are a few pics from my CT visit today. I wish they didn't have Christmas lights shining on it. Anywhoo.

View attachment 998756

View attachment 998757

View attachment 998758

I now understand what people mean when they say that it looks different in person.
I had a pretty decent experience when I was subscribed to FSD 11.4.4 back in Aug/Sept of this year, but it wasn't perfect, and I'm surprised you're able to have FSD or self-park work for any garage parking or any other parking, but we only have a 2023 MY LR with Vision Only - so perhaps that's the difference. Self park isn't even an option I can use on our 2023 MY LR is what I mean - it's literally not available for any Vision Only vehicle sold after the removal of the USS systems sometime in 2022. I also didn't have the option for Summon or Smart Summon.

I had a pretty decent experience when I was subscribed to FSD 11.4.4 back in Aug/Sept of this year, but it wasn't perfect, and I'm surprised you're able to have FSD or self-park work for any garage parking or any other parking, but we only have a 2023 MY LR with Vision Only - so perhaps that's the difference. Self park isn't even an option I can use on our 2023 MY LR is what I mean - it's literally not available for any Vision Only vehicle sold after the removal of the USS systems sometime in 2022. I also didn't have the option for Summon or Smart Summon.

I have a P3D. Not a model Y.

It appears that the CT is going to eliminate a lot of standard CAN bus accessory makers and standard audiophile makers.

Tesla is running audio over their proprietary ethernet type loop bus. I'm sure that there will be some major attempts to reverse engineer the Tethernet bus. For example - the audio amplifier/processor is now on VCfront itself. There is no separate audio amplifier. Any 3rd party will have to just tap off the wires destined for the speakers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
It appears that the CT is going to eliminate a lot of standard CAN bus accessory makers and standard audiophile makers.

Tesla is running audio over their proprietary ethernet type loop bus. I'm sure that there will be some major attempts to reverse engineer the Tethernet bus. For example - the audio amplifier/processor is now on VCfront itself. There is no separate audio amplifier. Any 3rd party will have to just tap off the wires destined for the speakers.

Whats

What's that?

Performance Model 3 dual motor

20230912_155813.jpg

Don’t tell him it’s only level 2. He won’t believe it.
Hey, you call it "level 2" as well.

Seems like we have a few people who call it "L2 and Level 2". I like when people say or call it "doesn't exist".

Excellent.

Hey - I'm back from Naperville Tesla to see the Cybertruck. I saw the CyberTruck for the first time up close.

However - the other point is... wait for it.... wait for it....

"level 2" drove from my driveway - all the way to Naperville Il Tesla WITHOUT any intervention. AND BACK AGAIN with no interventions.
Naperville IL Tesla is 32 miles from my driveway. It even self-parked itself when I got there. Thats why I want this "level 2" product on my Cybertruck.

So. 14 miles of local roads/stop signs/stoplights/left hand turns/etc. and the rest on 5 different expressways. NO interventions.

I need for anyone to give me suggestions as to any other system I can use to try it again tomorrow or later this week. What other system do you know of that can get me from my driveway to Naperville IL Tesla with no braking/acceleration/steering? It was fun.

Tesla says that they are getting over a million miles of "level 2" driving per day. I suppose I just gave them about 70 additional miles on my trip today. Tomorrow "level 2" will drive me there in the rain because I want to see that cybertruck again...or maybe I will have "level 2" drive me in the rain at night. Wow this is fun.

I don't care what it is named.... just give me some other suggestions of a system that you are confident of that can do what "level 2" just did. I will try to rent/buy it because this is fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: flyingpenguins