Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Meanwhile back on planet earth…

1701385071388.png

Cybertruck launch - Elon just smashed it. That’s absolute Hollywood style release.
And the segment about faster than a Porsche 911 towing a Porsche 911 just killed the German automakers! That’s how you do a car launch!
Nothing will beat the two smashed windows on the Cybertruck. It still makes me laugh.

I confidently predict reports of German automakers deaths are premature.

Nothing will beat the two smashed windows on the Cybertruck. It still makes me laugh.
You don’t get it, do you @Pants. All of Elons presentations are scripted to have the Hollywood high moments. Of course, that was a planned one including what they did it this time using baseball. It is part of larger script of ‘product remembrance’. Do you remember a product called EQE SUV that was launched by Merc. You don’t and it cost £30000 more than Cybertruck and no one will remember that.

You don’t have to be a fanboy to appreciate a new generation charmer at the peak of his game just to sell his car. This is how you do a car launch or a product launch for this generation. If you don’t like it so be it.

I actually thought it was pretty lame. A pre-made video with a lot of production value, and then a bunch of unknown people getting into CTs.

Elon was standing in the dark for a bit of it -- pretty amateur, if you ask me.

Oh, and Franz gently throwing a baseball at a window. BFD.

And I really wouldn't call this a 'launch'... It was a 'delivery event'.

I've been to several other Tesla reveal/launch/delivery events and this one was the most lame.

Cybertruck launch - Elon just smashed it. That’s absolute Hollywood style release.
I honestly can’t decide for sure if that’s meant as sarcasm.

I was totally underwhelmed by the event. So was my wife. Poor staging, lack of specs/pricing/features - the list goes on.

The videos were well done, but that’s about it.

Elon is clearly no Steve Jobs.

You don’t have to be a fanboy to appreciate a new generation charmer at the peak of his game just to sell his car. This is how you do a car launch or a product launch for this generation. If you don’t like it so be it.
This was the most disjointed and "um... uh..." filled presentation I've ever watched. Only touted the towing, speed, and a couple features and didn't reveal ANY real world specs because they knew they overpromised and under delivered. Trash event.

I actually thought it was pretty lame. A pre-made video with a lot of production value, and then a bunch of unknown people getting into CTs.

Elon was standing in the dark for a bit of it -- pretty amateur, if you ask me.

Oh, and Franz gently throwing a baseball at a window. BFD.

And I really wouldn't call this a 'launch'... It was a 'delivery event'.

I've been to several other Tesla reveal/launch/delivery events and this one was the most lame.
The event was true Elon style.

Reactions: SilverGS
Elon is clearly no Steve Jobs.
I understand, Steve Jobs is for the 60s generation and Elon for the 2K kids. They don’t want every detail to be paraded along in a launch. They just want ‘highs’ and what a way to show a Porsche 911 towed faster than a Porsche 911. We all understand the trimotor version etc., but what they showed smashed everything out of the park. A great example for modern advertising, launch or delivery whatever you call it.

• Disagree
Reactions: mikez10288