Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck launch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It looks like STU deleted his 2nd dislike on the 2nd thread.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
He also pointed out some issues with his. I posted them in another thread, just as problems with the door, backseat armrest, steering wheel controls and got downvoted...like I made it up.

Are you talking about this post:

It stopped. He suspected they accidentally installed one of the front door hinges on the back right. Other reviews had both back doors open completely. His had a list of issues; a rattle in the back seat (due to the center armrest not locking in place), the steering wheel cannot be adjusted, and the door issue from his initial look. He has it for a week and is doing extensive testing.

I don't see any disagree rating on it... (And it probably isn't the wrong door hinges, it is probably the wrong "door check", which should be an easy 15 minute, or less, item to replace.

Edit: I see the second post that has a disagree rating. Which is probably technically accurate, as I don't think the hinge is wrong. (But something obviously is.)

Last edited:
Are you talking about this post:

I don't see any downvotes on it... (And it probably isn't the wrong door hinges, it is probably the wrong door "check", which should be an easy 15 mintute, or less, item to replace.
Agreed. Both had a downvote, but I was just repeating what the reviewer said.

Again, something easy to fix..even the issue with the wheel.

The reason I mentioned it was because the doors open even more. Someone was asking about access to the back, which is really nice.

• Disagree
Reactions: lowtek and MP3Mike
But it does technically have Autopilot, since it has TACC, which is an Autopilot feature.
If it only has TACC (and not Autosteer), it does not have AP. In every manual (with the possible exception of the CT as I couldn't find it online), AP is defined as having both components, so no, it doesn't have AP, it has TACC.

From the NA English Model 3 manual:

1704316970802.png

Reactions: HitchHiker71
...Couple of noteworthy items as follows with regard to what does not work since most of us are familiar with the good stuff already...

• CT only has a 48amp onboard charger. This is somewhat of a concern for real work truck considerations where higher amp chargers (like the Ford 80AMP home charger) become more important for daily usage.
  • The 48 amp onboard charger does NOT currently support the NACS J3400 protocol (which is a CCS software based protocol). This will likely be resolved with a future software update - so it's not too concerning - but for now - this essentially means that the CT can only be charged at a Tesla DC SC station that uses native Tesla software - basically this means that at least in theory - no third party public DC stations will work. The Tesla CCS adapters actually do not fit the CT charge port at this time. The guy in this video literally disassembled the fender so that the adapter would fit - and attempted to then use a third party 350kw CCS DC charger - and it failed - because the onboard charger software doesn't yet support it. Since there are CT owners trying to use third party 350kw DC chargers due to lengthy V3 SC charging times - this is good and important info to share. This also likely means that only a TWC or a Tesla Mobile Charger can be used at home for home AC charging - so it's possible that third party home chargers will not work right now. Early adopter for sure.
  • Autopilot - I mean basic autopilot - does not work in the CT at this time. I'm not talking about FSD - I'm talking about basic autopilot - it's completely grayed out. Given the window sticker literally states Basic Autopilot is INCLUDED - this is technically illegal as the manufacturer is listing a feature that is not in fact delivered during transfer of ownership - but more importantly - it's definitely something early adopter CT owners should be made aware of. Screenshot below for reference - note everything is grayed out and cannot be altered:
  • View attachment 1005484
He also pointed out some issues with his. I posted them in another thread, just as problems with the door, backseat armrest, steering wheel controls and got downvoted...like I made it up.
I hate most car reviews because they come off as ads. Unless there is something obviously wrong, all the problems are glossed over. Additionally, most reviews lack in depth knowledge that an owner would have and no review I've ever watched could predict what it's like to live with a car past the first year of ownership.

That said, Kyle did really good with this one. Just to expand on the problems you guys mentioned.

• Wrong door latch on rear door on the driver side. It won't open 90 degrees. This is embarrassing.
  • Squeaky middle seat, likely due to the latching mechanism for the middle armrest.
  • No rear middle heated seat in the back.
  • Front center console squeaks between the driver chair when hitting a bump on the interstate.
  • No cigarette lighter.
  • Headliner above the driver isn't flush with the glass, exposing some components and sagging slightly.
  • No fsd. Someone should clip what he says about this. It's brutal.
  • Cheap feeling plastic on the front center armrest.
  • Steering wheel adjustment is broken. Can't adjust steering wheel.
  • Overhearing phone charger. Disappointing but expected.
  • No scene lighting to light around the truck
  • No button to force the bed lights on for when working in the back.
Interestingly, he didn't mention any panel gap problems, so maybe panel gaps won't be an issue for the cybertruck. He didn't confirm no steam, but I heard there is no steam. Finally, does it look like the lining connecting the teanu cover to the bed looks like it's already cracking on the driver side to anyone else?

It's definitely sounding more like a normal tesla with normal tesla problems to me now. It'll be interesting when he reviews driving and charging. His cybertruck video series sounds like it's worthy of its own thread.

Reactions: HitchHiker71
I hate most car reviews because they come off as ads. Unless there is something obviously wrong, all the problems are glossed over. Additionally, most reviews lack in depth knowledge that an owner would have and no review I've ever watched could predict what it's like to live with a car past the first year of ownership.

That said, Kyle did really good with this one. Just to expand on the problems you guys mentioned.

• Wrong door latch on rear door on the driver side. It won't open 90 degrees. This is embarrassing.
  • Squeaky middle seat, likely due to the latching mechanism for the middle armrest.
  • No rear middle heated seat in the back.
  • Front center console squeaks between the driver chair when hitting a bump on the interstate.
  • No cigarette lighter.
  • Headliner above the driver isn't flush with the glass, exposing some components and sagging slightly.
  • No fsd. Someone should clip what he says about this. It's brutal.
  • Cheap feeling plastic on the front center armrest.
  • Steering wheel adjustment is broken. Can't adjust steering wheel.
  • Overhearing phone charger. Disappointing but expected.
  • No scene lighting to light around the truck
  • No button to force the bed lights on for when working in the back.
Interestingly, he didn't mention any panel gap problems, so maybe panel gaps won't be an issue for the cybertruck. He didn't confirm no steam, but I heard there is no steam. Finally, does it look like the lining connecting the teanu cover to the bed looks like it's already cracking on the driver side to anyone else?

It's definitely sounding more like a normal tesla with normal tesla problems to me now. It'll be interesting when he reviews driving and charging. His cybertruck video series sounds like it's worthy of its own thread.
Fwiw none of the CT reviews have the heated back middle or a cigarette lighter. I've read someone else mention those things.

• Disagree
Reactions: lowtek
No rear middle heated seat in the back.
No cigarette lighter.
Neither of these are a "problem." That is just the features Tesla has decided to not include in the Cybertruck. (Sounds like the Highland Model 3 doesn't have heat middle rear seats either, so that may get lost on all future design updates.)

No button to force the bed lights on for when working in the back.
I think that was only an issue because the person with the key kept walking away and locking the Cybertruck, which turns the lights off.

Agreed. Both had a downvote, but I was just repeating what the reviewer said.

Again, something easy to fix..even the issue with the wheel.

The reason I mentioned it was because the doors open even more. Someone was asking about access to the back, which is really nice.
Yeah, I get that frequently...STU downvotes "factual" posts, if he doesn't like the facts presented. I'm not talking about opinion laden posts, but ones just like your video downvote. The person NEVER posts anything or explains why he disagreed with something. Says alot....

Reactions: TessP100D
Not sure why they wouldn’t just turn off Sentry Mode in the app (which sounds like it was possible) and then turn off phone Bluetooth, close the doors, wait 10 minutes or so for contactors to open, and try again.

Disassembling the dash seems a bit extreme, and not sure that would accomplish anything more than just letting the car go to sleep. And it is risky of course.

Last edited:
I can't be hearing this right. Someone is turoing their cybertruck!? I would not have that much faith in my fellow humans especially for a truck which is advertising itself as bulletproof, sledgehammer proof with a baja mode and boat capabilities on the side.

It seems like a guaranteed future headache.

I can't be hearing this right. Someone is turoing their cybertruck!? I would not have that much faith in my fellow humans especially for a truck which is advertising itself as bulletproof, sledgehammer proof with a baja mode and boat capabilities on the side.

It seems like a guaranteed future headache.
Apparently some are charging $1k per day. Maybe the best business plan - trash it for cash and trade it in for a more refined, less expensive, high production future model.