Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck unveil (CYBRTRK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apple presentations can be pretty dull especially of late with forced enthusiasm, too many speakers and too much repetitive content.
Their 'slides' are however state of the art. If anything the product announcements are now over-produced with a slavish reliance on a tight script.
Just because you are the boss of the company/division/product doesn't mean you must deliver the presentation - it should be done by whoever has the best presentational skills. You can be introduced to take questions but this must be practiced beforehand too in front of a critical audience to ensure short pithy and factually correct answers are delivered in a confident and interesting manner.
Good presenting doesn't just happen.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Yes, I agree with that as far as the US fifth wheel imports are concerned. As far as the UK tow trucks are concerned the Ranger can be adapted to a 7T train weight as can the latest Navara. The old V6 version was upgraded to 6.5 Tonne train weight.
Didn’t realise they could be upgraded that far. I’ve never dabbled with the whole 5th wheel thing. Our holiday bus is a Monaco Cayman 35ft diesel pusher so no towing necessary there.

Sometimes people, no matter how senior, need to be taken aside and told that their lack of preparation and poor presentational skills cost the company.

Enjoyed reading your points, but I find Musk's presentations "real". I find his delivery very lacking in the sort of polish that professional presenters give ... but I find it more realistic. Not sure which type I think is pulling the wool over my eyes the more/most

Only one vehicle available in total ... no different to Apple's initial presentation of iPhone; phones transported to the event in an employee's car, which could have been involved in an accident, multiple phones under-the-counter being swapped because the software crashed so readily that a separate one was used for each step, and DEVs convinced the launch was going to be a car crash but Jobs got through it without a hitch.

over the decades I've done numerous product upgrade launches to customers in similar circumstances - except for scale and pizzazz! My business partner and I used to refer to it as Busking ... actually stuff very rarely went wrong, and never badly so, and the audience was onside - looking forward to new enhancements etc. Maybe a polished presenter can only deliver a super slick script once the product is bullet-proof? <Ahem!>

But like a street musician my audience didn't know what was supposed to be happening, so making it up on the hoof was OK. Who knows what was in the script/planned that Jobs / Musk left out or diverted from

Was the window break deliberate? Stock price is down 20 points BUY?!!

It's strange, but I think in person it may grown on people.

That being said, I know there are alot of reservations, but at $100 refundable deposit, I wonder how much of that will actually convert into actual sales. Other thing I wonder is, will owners get ridiculed by Tesla haters? It'll be pretty easy to pick on people since the truck's looks are so polarizing...

Musk said on Twitter "Tesla 2 person electric ATV will come at first as an option for Cybertruck". So it sounds like it's definitely in the works: Elon Musk on Twitter.

Thanks, now picked up by the Media too I see

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/11/22/tesla-electric-atv-cybertruck-option/

I fancied one for the garden chores ... not sure I can justify the Cybertruck as my new Wall Charger Replacement !

will owners get ridiculed by Tesla haters?

Cybertruck keyed? or key Cybertrucked? :)

146K orders in first 24 Hours.

Marques Brownlee First Impressions YouTube 4M views when I looked it some 12 hours after the unveiling, now approaching 6M ... and 30,000 comments. And his "Why I placed an order", 8 hours ago, 1.5M views and 11K comments ...

146K orders in first 24 Hours.

Marques Brownlee First Impressions YouTube 4M views when I looked it some 12 hours after the unveiling, now approaching 6M ... and 30,000 comments. And his "Why I placed an order", 8 hours ago, 1.5M views and 11K comments ...

It has definitely got peoples attention, whether that's people loving or hating it. I've seen so many comments on Twitter saying how they thought it was hideous and hours later putting a deposit down!

That presentation was dire - awful. Cringeworthy even without the disasterous demo.
It will feature for years to come in classrooms the world over as an example of how not to do a presentation. I actually think it's bad practice to show someone how not to do something, however in this case, I will make an exception.
Elon is not a natural presenter and that is a shame. Nevertheless because of his other talents, people will tolerate a below standard performance and sympathise with him for a bit - not forever. It becomes tiresome. He needs to do some training - we would all benefit from it.
His live audience, some of whom I am sure travelled long distances to be there and were excited by the event will put a brave face on it but they have been let down by their idol. There were even folk in the UK that stayed up to watch it live. What an anticlimax. Imagine how good it could have been with just a little effort.
Sometimes people, no matter how senior, need to be taken aside and told that their lack of preparation and poor presentational skills cost the company.
All the careful nuturing of a company's reputation can be wiped out at a stroke by an ill prepared and unrehearsed presentation.
Sadly in this case, it pretty much sums up the Tesla attitude of 'it'll be alright on the night'.

Musk’s presentation was nigh on perfection with the breaking windows. That “failure” has been picked up by every media organisation on the planet, causing far more people to stop, and look more deeply into what may have passed as just another car launch.

if the goal of that presentation was to gain attention, get free advertising for Tesla, then it has massively overachieved.

Musk’s presentation was nigh on perfection with the breaking windows. That “failure” has been picked up by every media organisation on the planet, causing far more people to stop, and look more deeply into what may have passed as just another car launch.

if the goal of that presentation was to gain attention, get free advertising for Tesla, then it has massively overachieved.

You are absolutely correct. However if you ignore the window debacle, it was truly, truly dreadful