Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck unveil (CYBRTRK)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I don't want this to sell as it's horrible from the front however I think this will sell.

People seem to have Tesla blindness (where they forgive Tesla for faults when they'd slate any other manufacturer for the same faults). If Ford, BMW or any other brought something like this to market everyone would be calling it ridiculous.

Anyone else feel the same?
From the comments I have read here and elsewhere I think most people ARE calling it ridiculous.
But everyone HATED the Ford Sierra when it came out. the Cortina owners were horrified. Everyone said it was a huge mistake and early sales were indeed poor but once people got used to it it sold millions.
Read some of the early reactions to the ipad launch.
Tesla's entire history is one of almost everyone saying "that's crazy", "that will never work" "they won't be here next year" etc
So while I do personally agree with you, I don't like it and don't see how it can possibly be more than a niche vehicle, we've collectively all been wrong before and you write off Electric Jesus at your peril so who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And on the plus side at least you don't have to worry about the paint quality!

I got up at 4am to watch the reveal.

I love it. It's a bit sleeker than I thought it was going to be. The more you look at it, the more it grows on you. You're having to overcome two decades of ingrained bubblecar design remember.

If I had the cash, I'd be up for one of these. It looks perfect for scraping the non-existent paintwork against hedgerows in narrow country lanes with the back loaded up with hay-bales, lighting up the pot-holes along the way. It'll never need washing either :)

The specs are an instant win. The design: you're going to love it. It might just take a bit.

It looks like it fell out the ugly tree and hit every single branch on the way down.

Shame, thought this might be the first real world replacement for all our works vans like the M3 was the first real world affordable proper everyday EV. A few more years perhaps till we can ditch the diesels.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha, it’s like when Homer designed a car.
My favourite episode, homer still gets a punch in the face each time he sees his brother.

I wonder if the designer did it for a joke one day and found Elon fell in love with it.

I couldn't have one on the driveway, I just couldn't do that to my family, people laughing as they walked on by.

Thought i had seen it before!

delorean-monster-truck.jpg

In my mind... Tesla has done the job of opening the flood doors for electric cars, now it really doesn't want to stand in the way of other manufacturers, or steal their thunder (Rivian, Ford, VW group... many others will follow) and might as well just dedicate to innovation, weird and wonderful futuristic concepts full of new tech that only the teslarati superfans will buy and drive. They'll still have a high desirability and novelty factor, in all segments including trucks, but not large numbers.
Next product: a minibus that looks outwordly, to use in the boring tunnels :)

elon-musks-tunnel-company-just-revealed-new-pictures-of-its-futuristic-cars-that-could-travel-at-high-speeds-under-cities.jpg

Or one that doesn't need wheels at all

qmz3ltme-900.jpg

Reactions: Lasairfion
I was just thinking, if I ran a police force I would be interested, imagine chasing some teenager who has just nicked a VW golf, closing in on him in one of these in no time at all and just ramming him off the road, either that or he is laughing so hard he pulls over before he wets himself.

According to my son, they also released an ATV

No indication that they are going to actually make it though ... but who knows.

Tesla can't make many Cybertrucks, compared to the total number of Pickups sold worldwide annually ... so will probably still sell all it can make. Plenty of people will want to be seen to be different ...

And then? who knows, maybe the Disruptor's offering will become the new Norm.

Reactions: EVMeister