Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck Waiting Room - Australia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I put an order in but there was no where to choose the specification

Attachments

• Cybertruck Order.png
    Cybertruck Order.png
    235.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Funny
Reactions: Vostok and HarryYip
I read in the press that cybertruck is no longer coming to aus. Article also said those of us who had paid deposits will not automatically get them refunded. Has anyone successfully had their deposit refunded and what was the process to initiate it? TIA.

Tesla has never confirmed the Cybertruck is coming to Australia, but nor has it formally ruled out the vehicle. Information about the Cybertruck remains on the Tesla Australia website.

In relation to size, the F150 is now coming to Australia.

Thanks for setting me straight on the clickbait article. My Cybertruck deposit can sit back and wait UFN.

This guy does seem to be getting all bent out of shape about the article he penned ...

Also refuses to accept that the article had no basis in fact, and was simply click-bait.
And blocks any comments that say that.
That said there is no need for Tesla fans to send him abuse.

The facts...

CT deposit has always been refundable

In May 2022 (ie. 2 months ago), globally the CT stopped taking deposits, as covered by other media

Australian subpage for CT still exists, just need to replace model3 or modely with Cybertruck in the URL

Reactions: RareEarth and Blaq

In relation to size, the F150 is now coming to Australia.
A bit late, but worth noting that Ford Australia have only said that the F150 is coming to Australia, not the Lightning. They have more or less admitted that there are no plans for the electric version at this time.

I suspect that the first long range EV pickup/SUV we will see is the Rivian. Unless one of the Chinese manufacturers can move forwards on their plans. LDV have a 2WD pickup coming soon, BYD have a ute in development as well.

Yes I think a Chinese / Korean ute might be first. At this point if anything half decent arrives here I will be seriously considering it.

As far as the US manufacturers are concerned they will be flat out servicing the US market for quite some time.

I still have my CT order in, the AU web page is still there and Tesla have not told me I cannot proceed with the order.

Anyone have thoughts on the implications of this?

IDRIS is the manufacturer of the Gigapress that Tesla use. The 9000 is the one they use for the Cybertruck. And this one is going to Asia.

(I always thought the 9000 was made specifically for Tesla but I might be wrong.)

All good, happy to called out or corrected.

Elon broke my emotional attachment with the Model S (lost mine due the Covid fiasco) decision and I hope he doesn't move onto the Cyber. Disheartening to say the least. I've been banging the Tesla drum since 2011

All good, happy to called out or corrected.

Elon broke my emotional attachment with the Model S (lost mine due the Covid fiasco) decision and I hope he doesn't move onto the Cyber. Disheartening to say the least. I've been banging the Tesla drum since 2011
If tesla are not fulfilling RHD orders for S&X then I cannot see the cybertruck being RHD, especially given our compliance requirments around the structure