Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cybertruck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
aaah. now Tesla is building several factories to produce MILLIONS of trucks annually. Any source for that? Given its dimensions and regulations abroad... the Cybertruck will in its current form only be a go in NA. But sure... they'll sell MILLIONS of trucks in NA from several assembly lines.

They will produce **Millions** of Cybertrucks. At a rate of hundreds of thousands per year. Funny thing about years, there are more than one of them ahead of us.

please let me know where I can order a $35k SR Model 3.... the cheapest Model 3 is currently $45k
Please let me know where I suggested you could.

Your reading comprehension skills need a little work. You are 0/2 at replying to things I’ve actually said.

please let me know where I can order a $35k SR Model 3.... the cheapest Model 3 is currently $45k
Unfortunately, you probably cannot order a $35K Model 3 in Texas. They're too much of a nanny state coddling their beloved car dealers.
You'll need to go to a Tesla Store in a state where they can take orders and order one. It cannot be done online.
(caveat: I haven't verified this for a while so the policy may have changed. If you care, you should try calling a Tesla store and ask them as I can't be bothered to keep checking on this in case someone on the internet asks.)
A colleague of mine did this a few years ago and drives a $35K Model 3 today. It comes in one color, no autopilot, basic wheels, etc. It is still an awesome car though!

Pretty much expected.
aaah... the article states *limited* initial production no sooner than late Q1 '23 ... that could very well mean we won't see meaningful CT production until mid (or even) late '23.... pretty stark difference from some claiming here that Tesla will start pre-production in '22 and crank them out by this fall winter. The entire timeline likely shifted 6+ months behind. it also implies that Tesla is forced to make several changes from the version first revealed and tells you how much of a pre-production "we will figure it out later" prototype that really was.

Cybetruck but that's not the point... I'd be more worried about the F150 Lightning and Rivian if I were Tesla...
Yup and we already know where those are headed, but I was looking for a comparison in the realm of trucks we haven’t driven yet.

Also have the Ram EV slated for 2024. From the perspective of the consumer and the planet, the more the merrier. The Reuters leak makes it sound like they’re re-tooling the cybertruck to compete with the offerings that are emerging, and we all benefit from stuff like that in getting options that are more competitively spec’d and priced.

Make these companies work as hard as possible to win our business by creating the most capable product for the best price.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Lightning will be the most underwhelming of the bunch and will see the largest loss of interest. Ford was too hurried to get it to market.

The big unknown is battery technology, which manufacturers cut corners, which will have enough materials to produce batteries in high quantities. Without enough batteries these EV pickups might as well be vaporware to the mainstream waiting in line and manufacturers will lose money on each unit sold.

I think the Lightning will be the most underwhelming of the bunch and will see the largest loss of interest. Ford was too hurried to get it to market.

The big unknown is battery technology, which manufacturers cut corners, which will have enough materials to produce batteries in high quantities. Without enough batteries these EV pickups might as well be vaporware to the mainstream waiting in line and manufacturers will lose money on each unit sold.

Underwhelming in what way?

A year after the Cybertruck goes into production, Ford will be introducing the 2nd gen Lightning on its own platform

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Still holding out hope they pull a Model Y on us.... and CT production is 6-month AHEAD of last plans. I know I know wishful thinking at best.... 🤞

With Giga Texas seemingly nearly complete, the windfall of such a massive backlog of CT pre-orders and the looming legacy brand and EV startups, this is not a deadline Tesla wants to push any further down the road then they absolutely have to.

If anything is a good reason for delays I rather it be the 4680 cells and structural pack which will be worth the wait.

Reactions: TessP100D and Ogre