Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dallas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Jay's list below shows 40A for this. Wondering which post is correct?

I was the last person to check-in & post on PlugShare, but they said they were adding 80 amp wiring a year ago. As of 2 months ago, the HPWC is still set to 40 amps (or the wiring/breaker hasn't been switched to 80Amps.) Link here, read comments: http://www.plugshare.com/?location=51745#

I'll be happy to revisit and post a screen pic of results on my next visit.

Nissan Dealers. I don't know if a Nissan memo went out or what, but I have been unsuccessful in using Nissan Dealers in DFW - until recently. Austin Nissan dealers have always been VERY helpful, but now DFW Nissan seems to be on our side (with one exception Trophy. They refuse.) 2 cases as proof:

A) Nissan Ft. Worth used to say "Nissan LEAF's ONLY!" I was able to charge there, spoke with the sales staff, and everything was like Austin. Now on PlugShare it says "100a QC." Link here: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/2236
FtWorthNissan.jpg

B) AutoNation Lewisville is always ICE'd, but with my driving - it's a great location to pick up some free fast juice on the highway. Memorial Day was EXTRA busy. The salesmen offered to move auto's so I could charge, but they couldn't find the customers (they had free food.) What happened? The General Manager Josh came out and asked me to pull up on the concrete next to the building so I could charge! Amazing. I had to leave a great post in comments here: http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/2261
AutoNation6.jpg

Bottom line? if you have the chance to pick up free juice from Nissan - take advantage of it! You will be speaking with sales staff & customers about Tesla though...

Hello Tesla community-I will be moving from the Portland Oregon area with my MS 85. I plan to rent a home in the area (Southlake or Coppel) for next 12 months. Charging infrastructure here doesn't appear to be as developed as the Pacific NW. Any advice from the community? Should I sell my MS? Should I negotiate adding NEMA 14-50 with landlord? Any face issues with adding NEMA 14-50 outlets to older homes in the area? Any advice would be welcomed.

Nick

I'd try to negotiate an outlet with the landlord. In Southlake, 400 Amp service is required on most homes, so there shouldn't be a capacity problem at the breaker box. There are several free J1772 charging options in the area, the Denton Supercharger only 20 miles up the road and some other options. You're welcome to charge at my place while you get everything sorted out.

Reactions: RScottyL
Kind of a long shot, but if you happen to be after a 3600 sqft house with 4 beds, a pool and 3 garages (1 with a HPWC!) then we're moving in a month, so my current house will be available for rent (if we can't rent, we'll sell). It's not in fancy Southlake though, it's in Bedford, <15 mins from Southlake :) Aside from that, there's plenty of places to charge....maybe not as many as the pacific north west, but there's no shortage.

@pete8314 thanks for offer. Bedford would be too far. Taking job and you cypress waters development. Hoping to keep commute down to less than 15 minutes.[/QUOTE]

You might have to double check your Southlake commute times unless you go in before 6am and leave after 7pm. We live just N of Bedford and spouse works in CW exactly 13 miles away. At 7:30-8 it takes her 30 minutes drive time and she has multiple alternate routes if the highway is googling red. A lot of Southlake is farther that this 13 miles and even more congested, and without a lot of plan B routes (I think you are pretty much stuck with 114/121/635 route). But I am sure you've checked all that out.

Peter might keep you in free FobPockets if you rent his house :)

Welcome to TX.

Hey Everyone,

I'm a local filmmaker in Dallas looking to shoot a video for Teslas Project Loveday competition. The problem is I don't own a Tesla and would like to get some driving shots if at all possible.

The plan would be for me to just follow you around in a separate car while I operate my vehicle mounted camera rig and my friend drives. I only plan to use about an hour of your time and your face and license plate will not be shown in the final cut.

Let me know what you guys think and/or if you need anything from me. Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I'm a local filmmaker in Dallas looking to shoot a video for Teslas Project Loveday competition. The problem is I don't own a Tesla and would like to get some driving shots if at all possible.

The plan would be for me to just follow you around in a separate car while I operate my vehicle mounted camera rig and my friend drives. I only plan to use about an hour of your time and your face and license plate will not be shown in the final cut.

Wish I still lived in Dallas, I would totally let you film my ride :) Good luck!

Hey Everyone,

I'm in far north Dallas and could be available.
Message me directly.

Hello Tesla community-I will be moving from the Portland Oregon area with my MS 85. I plan to rent a home in the area (Southlake or Coppel) for next 12 months. Charging infrastructure here doesn't appear to be as developed as the Pacific NW. Any advice from the community? Should I sell my MS? Should I negotiate adding NEMA 14-50 with landlord? Any face issues with adding NEMA 14-50 outlets to older homes in the area? Any advice would be welcomed.

Nick
Welcome to Texas. No way you should be parting with your Tesla! :) PlugShare is your friend, as always. There's a number of public charging stations available (libraries, Whole Foods, car dealerships). Grapevine Mills Mall have some Level 2 charging and I think I saw one that could be used with ChaDeMo for quicker charge, if you have an adapter. Southlake now has Tesla showroom with a number of HPWCs behind, so this can be an option. Not to mention Southlake SC has just been approved.

Are you planning on renting an apartment or the house? From my experience, even having 30 A 240 V (NEMA 14-30) outlet is sufficient to charge up overnight.