TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Damage - unsolved mystery....

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by dmann000, Feb 27, 2018.

1. dmann000

dmann000 Member

We drove our 1-month-old Tesla down to Florida for a family vacation. While we were parked at Disney transportation center (Magic Kingdom), something happened to our car... We are just puzzled what in the world happened. Any ideas? Some sort of liquid hit the rear glass, then damaged and dented the aluminum frame of the liftgate and rear right quarter panel. It is absolutely strange, and I've never seen anything like it. Just thought I would share in case anyone has any ideas what happ IMG_0262.JPG ened.

Attached Files:

2. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

Almost looks like a metal chain was dropped on it...

3. Sawyer8888

Sawyer8888 Member

Ouch. I would contact Disney and ask if there is any available security footage that they would be able to share - if for nothing else, to at least see what may have hit your vehicle.
    • For assistance with your Walt Disney World visit, please call (407) 939-5277.
    • 7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time.

4. Lloyd

Lloyd Well-Known Member

Or someone threw something.

5. dmann000

dmann000 Member

thats a good idea... I know exactly what parking spot I was in. Perhaps they could pull footage

• Like x 1
  6. Need

Need Member

Someone (maybe a kid) pushed a stroller straight into the back of your car making the ding and the scratches. The impact knocks the cup/bottle sitting on top of the stroller cupholder off causing the spill of the.. apple juice? on your back window and side.

If this was at a grocery store parking lot, I would say it is a shopping cart, but at Disney parking lot it is most likely a stroller.

7. mattack4000

mattack4000 Member

Vandalism

• Like x 2
  8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave Supporting Member

Jet plane toilet ice:eek:

• Funny x 2
  9. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

There are a lot of pin-prick indentations, and the lower they are the deeper they go. Since the deeper ones are low, I would guess that they were the first impact and as it travelled up the X, it lost momentum and made more shallow indentations. Whatever it was, it was probably dirty and when it reached the top glass, it deposited a bunch of dirt.

I can't imagine what caused it, probably some Disneyland landscaping vehicle. Only thing I can think of is the corner of a lowered tail-gate of a pick-up truck backed into your X and as it reversed, the tail-gate was forced up.

10. AllThingsFasT

AllThingsFasT Member

One of the many mysteries and wonders of the world :eek:

11. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

I agree with JohnSnowNW, it looks like a chain.
    I had similar marks on my car when a high bumper mounted (on a camper) bicycle
    backed up and hit me...

12. Electroman

Electroman Member

Wow that sure looks strange. Obviously some douche bag who didn't bother to leave a note

Those damn kids! Don't know why they let kids in at Disney ! :)

13. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

OP, before you take it in to a body shop, see if you can find a Paintless Dent Repair expert. They do miracle work. I had a similar dent right at the same position but on the right rear door. The guy was able to completely repair every bit to the point I could not see the dent. Cost was less than $300 and worth double - triple that.

• Like x 1
  14. rfmurphy81

rfmurphy81 Member

+1 on the paintless dent repair! It's worth getting a few quotes, if you have time.

@dmann000, I'll DM you the direct phone number to the Guest Claims department at Disney World. This sounds like something for them to investigate for you on their side.

• Like x 1