Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dangly weight tied to steering wheel to fool autopilot that you're paying attention?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seriously? The reason it has you put your hands on the wheel is because it doesn't know where to steer. If you hang something on the wheel, you'll just cause the car to leave the road and crash.

It doesn't nag you for nagging's sake. It needs to know where to steer the car.
@kgroschi , you are disagreeing with a post from 3 YEARS ago. When it was written, it correctly described how Autopilot worked at the time. People used to be able to drive 5, 10, 15 minutes or more without nags. They weren't timed as they are now.

@kgroschi , you are disagreeing with a post from 3 YEARS ago. When it was written, it correctly described how Autopilot worked at the time. People used to be able to drive 5, 10, 15 minutes or more without nags. They weren't timed as they are now.

I just did the same thing, and feel like an idiot since I didn't realize the thread is 3 years old. Now I'm like "holy cow, AP used to work like that?!?!" I'm so jealous..

Reactions: MorrisonHiker