Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dave's (dsm363) Signature Performance Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In our a6 it's usually a second or two depending on what the software is currently doing. Nearly instant is great, and using it while driving is even cooler, see if you can find the secret screenshot feature ;)

In our a6 it's usually a second or two depending on what the software is currently doing. Nearly instant is great, and using it while driving is even cooler, see if you can find the secret screenshot feature ;)
I went back and double checked in case I was distracted for a second while it turned on. Since the Model S is already 'on' when you get in, it turns on instantly when you get into reverse.

I think my original one said August 15th but the e-mail with my delivery window was something like Sept. 11-24th so they were right at the end of that.

Okay, so I should expect mine in November which seems to be inline with TSLA's news today that they are running 4-5 wks behind schedule (and, uh, now need to sell more stock to raise money to meet capital ratio requirements per the DOE loan...).

Well we'll see. I'm forever skeptical until I see the car in my driveway.

DSM, does your car have the small shelf under the LCD display? It seems that the recent deliveries are not including this small shelf (yet another example to put the interior in the "spartan" category. Disappointing.).

DSM, does your car have the small shelf under the LCD display? It seems that the recent deliveries are not including this small shelf (yet another example to put the interior in the "spartan" category. Disappointing.).

The "chin cubby" is going to be retrofitted into all these Sig deliveries later. Somewhere along the production timeline, it'll start making its way into the cars at the factory itself. This was confirmed by Tesla to one of the other Sig owners.

The "chin cubby" is going to be retrofitted into all these Sig deliveries later. Somewhere along the production timeline, it'll start making its way into the cars at the factory itself. This was confirmed by Tesla to one of the other Sig owners.

I was told the same thing at delivery. My car also didn't come with the 110V adapter (just left out I think) so that's being mailed.

Thanks. Very good. I was planning on throwing my phone in the "chin cubby" b/c I will need access to my phone often while bluetooth DJing, reading emails and texting while driving (written somewhat in jest). An open cubby hole is perfect. In my Prius, I put my iphone in the cup holder or in the door handle recess.

In order to pre-empt what others are going to say about my driving habits, I leave you with this photo to ponder upon and which also provides support for the allowance of a ginormous 17" LCD screen in a vehicle such as the Model S. It's a photo that I recently took of a police officer using his laptop built into his patrol car.

IMG_2578.jpg

Last edited:

Of course, "confirmed by Tesla to one of the other Sig owners" means absolutely nothing. We trust Tesla will do this, but if it's not on a contract, it's faith.

Of course, "confirmed by Tesla to one of the other Sig owners" means absolutely nothing. We trust Tesla will do this, but if it's not on a contract, it's faith.

Dr. Quinn Burchenal: Uh oh - we're going to talk about God now, aren't we? 'Cause if we are, I'm going to need another pop.
Chantilas: Not God... . faith.
Dr. Quinn Burchenal: Faith? Oh, I had a girlfriend named Faith. She cheated on me, with a girl named Chastity.

From the movie Red Planet.

(Ya'll know that I had to.)

I was planning on throwing my phone in the "chin cubby"
I don't know what the chin cubby is like, but I'll tell you that there's a little cubby in the Roadster at the ideal spot to put a phone. And every time you step hard on the go pedal, anything in that cubby flies right out. It needs a very tall lip. Since the S apparently has acceleration similar to the Roadster, I'd be careful of the cubby until you know what happens.

I don't care for red. I love the color of my Roadster (orange) because it's a sports car. Red would be a deal breaker for me in a sedan. I probably won't buy an S unless it becomes available in blue. But then, any excuse to avoid buying another EV. I don't need two. For a while there, I had three. :scared: Now I'm down to two (one of which doesn't work) and I hope to soon be down to one.

... I probably won't buy an S unless it becomes available in blue. But then, any excuse to avoid buying another EV. I don't need two. For a while there, I had three. :scared: Now I'm down to two (one of which doesn't work) and I hope to soon be down to one.
It is, and the blue is a pretty one. Maybe you should test drive an S :wink: but then you will need an excuse

Dave, I'd like to know the format / process regarding final payment as it related to your delivery email.

Did Tesla call and tell you that your Model S is ready for delivery and we need a check or wire? Or, was it more along the line of here's your delivery date as long as payment is received by xx?

Dave, I'd like to know the format / process regarding final payment as it related to your delivery email.

Did Tesla call and tell you that your Model S is ready for delivery and we need a check or wire? Or, was it more along the line of here's your delivery date as long as payment is received by xx?

I probably could have gotten the car earlier but wasn't contacted for final payment. If you're near your delivery window you could mail or check or probably better to wire it. They have a sheet they mail you which has bank routing number. Probably best to call them and ask about payment if you are close to the delivery window.

It is, and the blue is a pretty one. Maybe you should test drive an S :wink: but then you will need an excuse
P188 will be blue ....
Well, that's good news. Now the only thing to keep me from driving one is if one does not come to Spokane. :rolleyes:. If they bring one, or if AndyM comes through Spokane, I'll drive one. I still don't plan on buying one because, as I said, I love my Roadster and don't need another EV, especially such a big one, and I don't have the garage space for it. I have an outdoor parking space, but do not want to park a car there over winter. But if the S really matches the Roadster's performance, it will be tempting.