Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dave's (dsm363) Signature Performance Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Perhaps someone could come up with some beauty rings. Even though they look pretty ugly (hence they have to include beauty in the name) they do a great job of protecting the actual wheel. And if they were colour matched they might not even look too bad. I'm thinking they only need to be about 50 mm to cover just the rim flange. Once you've acquired your Model S skill set they can be removed.

soflauthor;

I thought the cubby and CCI were completely separate and non-conflicting! ?

They are, Brian. But the best aesthetic for the CCI assumes the existence of the cubby, which was touted as "standard" for all Model S versions by TM. The CCI will be fine without the cubby, but it will look even better with the cubby because of driver sight lines and the geometry of that space. It remains my understanding the the cubby will be offered to all existing owners of the Model S.

The reason I'm disappointed that the cubby won't be delivered with my Model S (in my garage within 10 days, maybe less!), is that it will be difficult to do aesthetic tweaks related to the cubby as I run-test the alpha prototype in my car in mid/late October.

I intend to post a progress update on the CCI over at the Tesla Parts for Sale thread in the next few days.

Sounds reasonable to me. The guy has to cover his truck, tools, time to and from the location, and last, but not least, his expertise.

I totally agree. If you shop you might find a range of prices that bracket that, but $125 seems like a decent price to me. It's certainly not crazy talk, but it's worth shopping, especially to find customer references. If the man knows his business you are better paying $125 vs paying $90 for a hatchet job. But a higher price alone isn't enough to know its better service. Best to shop around and buy quality.

One of my winter rims was damaged whilst stored in my garage (was knocked over, face down then pushed a little on the cement floor...had to have it reconditioned & the cost was about $175...came out looking like new...

Well, guess I'm not used to how wide this car is compared to the roadster. I've already barely bumped a curb (one of those 3 lane 60 degree turns where the middle lane often cuts into your lane so I was staying far to right) and just a small amount the dark outer rim on the tire is ruffed up. It's pretty minor but just got the car on Sunday. I know you can't totally make it look new but is there any kind of touch up?

If this had happened next year sometime I'd probably just let it ride but since it's brand new, I feel obligated to fix it once.

How much is Tesla charging? I got a call back from a mobile wheel repair place that is charging $125 which seems high for such a minor cosmetic wheel rash.

$175. Was a passthru to the mobile repair company they used.

I felt the same about the first time.

You mean the star wheels Al & Eds had me test for the Supercharger event? I'm waiting for nice pics from them, but I put a snapshot I took here:
Collision warning, radar detection, window film paint armor installed on my S - Page 2

That was it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10342&d=1349139978.jpg

Thanks!

Dave ... aren't we due for an update?

Anything new to report ... good or bad??

I love it so far. My Roadster is feeling lonely though. It truly is an awesome car but I'm not the most objective person on this of course. I've never owned a luxury sedan before so don't have anything to compare it to as well.

There are software updates coming so many small things like not being able to save locations in the Nav and other things should be fixed. I'm missing the iPhone app for the Model S too to remotely turn on the AC. Other than than, I'm enjoying it.

No luxury past ... good. We're in good company.

How is it driving at night? Xenons do a good job lighting up the way?

Panels in night mode ?

An old Volvo was the most luxurious car I had ever owned before but I've been in nice Mercedes and BMWs before.

Driving at night is fine. The Xenons are well worth it I think (I haven't seen what the Model S does with the standard bulbs though) but if the Roadster to Xenon upgrade is any indication, it's worth it from a safety standpoint I think. The display in night mode isn't distracting.

My car was delivered! (ok, in the My Tesla section). For the Roadster it took a lot longer for things up update. It now has the button to download the manuals. I think for future deliveries things will be more automated.

One more question....

Did you get only one charge cord at delivery? Or is there a home one and one for the road ...so to speak?

You only get one charge cord but two adapters (J1772 and 110V). I just leave my charge cord (UMC) at home when I'm in town since I'll never need it around home. I just simply take it with me when I travel. If you travel away from home often and don't want to risk forgetting the cable, a second one costs $500 I believe. I just keep the 110V and J1772 adapters in the car so I have the ability to use public charing in town if I did need it.

My car was delivered! (ok, in the My Tesla section). For the Roadster it took a lot longer for things up update. It now has the button to download the manuals. I think for future deliveries things will be more automated.

Have you downloaded the manual? If so, could you make it available for your fellow forumites to download as well? Pretty please? ;)