Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Debating when to order the Tesla Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. My name is Raz. I have decided to purchase an 85 kWh Tesla Model S. The only question that I have, is when to buy it.

I heard there is going to be a big announcement on June 20th. Is there any benefit to waiting to find out what the announcement is before ordering? If not, I am going to place my order this weekend.

I would love to hear your thoughts!

Thank you!

From an excited future Tesla owner

@superazz375

I don't see any reason to wait. If I could afford it I would buy a Tesla now (also if I would prefer the Roadster for a city like Rome). Also if the announcement of June 20th will concern new options you will have the chance to retrofit most of them (apart AWD I think).

Is he saving the best for last? The events over the last 6 weeks have been amazing, lots of speculation as to what the "right under your nose" might end up becoming...I have no clue, Elon did say the June 20 announcement will be a personal apperance so it does sound like a "biggy".

I have been ready to place my order but wanted to wait until todays Supercharger news so time is up for me, Its my wife birthday this weekend so she wants to place it at the store....she loves malls.

Last edited:
I guess I am just concerned I will miss out if there is something new is offered later. But I have a strong feeling that I will end up placing my order this weekend. Hopefully if any new options are offered, I can get them added afterwards at the service center.

Thank you guys for all the help, input, and opinions!

I have to jump in, can't imagine why anyone who has made the decision to buy an S is going to wait, parking sensors! When I was your age we just used YEE and HAW to park. You are missing days weeks and months of FUN, FREEDOM and fuel savings. It's fantastic to float by the gas stations. I am retired and I am building a deck in my backyard, I go to Lowes and buy one screw at a time just so I can drive my DREAM MACHINE!

given the way that Tesla included supercharging capability in all cars regardless of configuration, I'd assume that whatever the announcement is that is coming on the 20, would apply to the current model, at least as an upgrade.

I'd say go for it!

It's "already under our noses" so whatever the announcement is about, all of us already have it and probably just needs to be enabled via a software update.

Thank you so much everyone!!!

It's official. I have completed placing my order and am expecting delivery in the beginning of August.

I am very happy with my decision and I know it was the right thing to do.

I think these next 2 months are going to be VERY hard (from excitement) but very worth it. I am glad to be part of the Tesla family!!!

Model S 85 kWh, Flat White, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Tan Leather with Obeche Matte, Tech, Sound, Air Suspension, Twin Chargers.

I do not regret anything about it. I am very happy about it.

I am very excited about the new Supercharger announcement, and I am looking forward to going on joy rides all across the country!!

Model S 85 kWh, Flat White, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Tan Leather with Obeche Matte, Tech, Sound, Air Suspension, Twin Chargers.

I am very excited about the new Supercharger announcement, and I am looking forward to going on joy rides all across the country!!

Congratulations!

Out of curiosity (and at the risk of sounding like a telemarketer - sorry), did the SuperCharger announcement specifically help drive your decision to finally pull the trigger? Or where you going to do it anyway?

Congratulations!

Out of curiosity (and at the risk of sounding like a telemarketer - sorry), did the SuperCharger announcement specifically help drive your decision to finally pull the trigger? Or where you going to do it anyway?

It wasn't exactly a final decision maker. I have been obsessed with this car for months, but the superchargers are definitely helpful because I enjoy going on road trips. So basically, I was going to order it anyway, but the superchargers are like the icing on the cake!

Spectacular... I predict with 98.625% certainty you will love it.