Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December 2021 order estimated delivery dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know profile completion has to do with when you get your EDD, but I'm wondering about the trade in part. I hadn't filled that out yet, as it seemed silly to post the pics of a car that won't be traded for another six months. But, seeing that others in my area have been updated from July to May, but I'm still July, I'm thinking I should just go ahead and get it all on there and update it later. What's been your experience?
As the EDD gets closer, Tesla will ask for updated photos and possibly adjust the trade-in value accordingly. My experience has been that, unless something drastic has changed with your car, the trade-in won't change too much. However, my wife's Model 3 trade-in value actually increased by about $5k when Tesla increased M3 pricing. She was thrilled to save an extra $5k on her MYLR!

I am still at May 9 - June 6. Did anything just expire on your profile like financing or maybe a trade in offer?
Mmmm… I had a trade-in offer that expired, but that all has to do with however I choose to pay / finance the car. I’m surprised that would impact EDD. I just removed the trade-in so that won’t impact things going forward (assuming it did). I can either submit it when I have a VIN or sell my current car elsewhere.

Mmmm… I had a trade-in offer that expired, but that all has to do with however I choose to pay / finance the car. I’m surprised that would impact EDD. I just removed the trade-in so that won’t impact things going forward (assuming it did). I can either submit it when I have a VIN or sell my current car elsewhere.
Read some of the other threads here like the August thread. Profile completion appears to impact EDD. Other users have seen their EDD bounce out to a holder date like "August" or "June Jail" when financing or a trade in data expired and return to a "normal" range with actual dates once the financing/trade-in data was made current or removed. As we are months away from receiving VINs it appears to be best for us to leave our payment method as cash and list no trade in so that the data does not repeatedly expire. We can change the payment and trade-in options, if needed, once we have VINS.

Fun… most people say the dates move around a lot so we’ll just have to wait and see.
Newbie here, so be kind... Here's my story:

My dates have been all over the map too, but recent changes have been very exciting.

Model Y Long Range
Blue with black interior
19” wheels
OD: 12/13/2021
EDD: Feb 4 - 13 ! (as of 2/02/2022)
VIN : Yes! (as of 2/02/2022)
Pickup location: Mountain View, CA (16 road miles from Tesla Fremont Factory)
With tow
With FSD

At time of order, EDD was July 2022 and it stayed there for the next 2 weeks. Then, out of the blue, on 12/29/2021, I got a text saying I needed to complete my Tesla account setup to avoid delivery delays, so I did. The morning of 12/30/2021, I got another text saying I had been assigned a VIN, the car was being built that very day, and delivery would be the next day (12/31/2021). When I replied that I wasn't available on 12/31 and requested delivery first week in Jan, they asked again for 12/31. When I said again that no, that wouldn't work, they got quiet for several hours. After asking for an update, they finally said they had to release the car to someone else.

Clearly, my car was part of their end-of-quarter push, and when that wouldn't work, they were done with me - the VIN disappeared and my EDD was briefly pushed back to Jan 8 - 15, but then reset to July 2022.

During the month of January, my EDD has been bouncing around every week or so, with various 2-week windows in July, March, and lastly June.

That is until 2 days ago (2/02/2022), when I got another text saying my (new) VIN has been assigned and EDD is now Feb 4 - 13. As it's now late on Feb 4, this week seems pretty unlikely, but I'm hoping next week is it!

My dates have been all over the map too, but recent changes have been very exciting.

Model Y Long Range
Blue with black interior
19” wheels
With tow
With FSD

At time of order, EDD was July 2022 and it stayed there for the next 2 weeks. Then, out of the blue, on 12/29/2021, I got a text saying I needed to complete my Tesla account setup to avoid delivery delays, so I did. The morning of 12/30/2021, I got another text saying I had been assigned a VIN, the car was being built that very day, and delivery would be the next day (12/31/2021). When I replied that I wasn't available on 12/31 and requested delivery first week in Jan, they asked again for 12/31. When I said again that no, that wouldn't work, they got quiet for several hours. After asking for an update, they finally said they had to release the car to someone else.

Clearly, my car was part of their end-of-quarter push, and when that wouldn't work, they were done with me - the VIN disappeared and my EDD was briefly pushed back to Jan 8 - 15, but then reset to July 2022.

During the month of January, my EDD has been bouncing around every week or so, with various 2-week windows in July, March, and lastly June.

That is until 2 days ago (2/02/2022), when I got another text saying my (new) VIN has been assigned and EDD is now Feb 4 - 13. As it's now late on Feb 4, this week seems pretty unlikely, but I'm hoping next week is it!
Not sure how you got so lucky twice with VINs and a Dec order date. EOQ push maybe the first time, but still, your very lucky

Model Y Long Range
Blue with black interior
19” wheels
With tow
With FSD

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit jealous. I hope it works out and you get to enjoy the new car real soon!

It is both good and bad that I sold my model 3 at the time I did. I got a good bit of cash from the sale in exchange for having to drive my wife's 12 year old gas car. Luckily we don't need 2 cars most of the time.

I hope they include me in this next EoQ push because I'm ready. The AMD CPU is all I really care about and at this point it seems that's the majority, if not all, of the new model Y's rolling out.

Model Y Long Range
Blue with black interior
19” wheels
With tow
With FSD

Congrats - this is very exciting! I hope you so get your car very soon.

My EDD updated again - from Sept 2022 to May 26-June 23.

With FSD

Similar to people who order Performance models, I wonder if FSD pushes you to the front of the line. Pure speculation on my part, but Tesla seems to prioritize the higher-priced sales. Regardless, I wish you the best on getting your new MY!

Hey all! Mercy...new guy here.
Buying a Tesla to help save the earth with as much tech and speed as I can muster.
I retired June 2021 as a quality engineer and previously as a system's technician. This is like buying a jet pack to me!
Hope our travels let us meet in the future!

5 seat MYLR
Red Multi-Coat/Black Interior
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
No FSD
OD: 12/14/21
EDD: June-July, May 23-June 20
Delivery: Cincinnati, OH

Hey all! Mercy...new guy here.
Buying a Tesla to help save the earth with as much tech and speed as I can muster.
I retired June 2021 as a quality engineer and previously as a system's technician. This is like buying a jet pack to me!
Hope our travels let us meet in the future!

5 seat MYLR
Red Multi-Coat/Black Interior
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Tow Hitch
No FSD
OD: 12/14/21
EDD: June-July, May 23-June 20
Delivery: Cincinnati, OH
Welcome aboard the Tesla train...or should I say rocket. I also ordered about one week before you and my EDD is April-May. Same car except white for me. Hope we both get the 2.0 You probably have a better chance being in the midwest/east. Happy waiting :confused:

Reactions: DerbyCityY

Model Y Long Range
Blue with black interior
19” wheels
With tow
With FSD

I ordered the same configuration two days before this person and am still sitting on a May 7- June 4 EDD. No VIN, no update. No one promised life would be fair.

I ordered the same configuration two days before this person and am still sitting on a May 7- June 4 EDD. No VIN, no update. No one promised life would be fair.
My saga continues...

Still no car.

Recent changes to dates:
Feb 2: VIN assigned. EDD: Feb 4 - 13
Feb 5: EDD: Feb 7 - 13
Feb 8: EDD: Feb 10 - 16
Feb 11: EDD: Feb 13 - 20

That looks like a clear pattern - one day after reaching the start of the then-current EDD window, the EDD windows moves out by 3 days such that it starts 2 days in the future and remains 1 week long.

The most-recent "official" text from Tesla (on Feb 7) says "Delivery will likely be mid-February."

I reached out to my SA by email (also on Feb 7), and she says that her systems shows an expected build date of Feb 12. We shall see.