Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Definitive 21inch Turbines vs 19inch Slipstream Photo Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great looking ride! Its just something about the slipstreams I do not like. I actually like the former 5 star spoke stock Tesla rims more even. Personal preference I think. I feel its the thickness of the actual rim metal and not enough opening for my preference.

I agree with this sentiment. It's that wide rim vs the narrow rim of the turbines. Also the spokes are flatter and don't angle as much. I looked at 19" TST fake turbine wheels and there's something about those having a ridge in the middle of the spokes that I don't like. I think Tesla got it right with the Turbines... if only they made 19" and 20" Turbines as well... but then I suppose the wheel would be less "premium". I think the stock OEMs look great, especially on any other car. I dislike arachnid wheels altogether. I think Tesla created this "selective" and "premium" wheel market artificially.

Here is a picture of one of the Tesla Cyclone wheels we use for our winter and long road trips. Bought them off another Tesla owner on eBay a couple of years ago and installed Michelin All-Season tires which work fabulous in all conditions including snow in our 2015 P85D.

The 19" wheels and all season tires are definitely smoother riding and more resistant to potholes than our Tesla Arachnid wheels and Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires... but the handling is much better with the Arachnids / Michelin PSSs.

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4541.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_4541.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 65