Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivered in Chicago today...driving to FL tomorrow!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
image.jpeg

Have been in Chicago on business the last couple of weeks and test drove an S for the first time last week. I asked what was nearby that could be delivered by today and chose the S70. While it seems like a whim, I have had a lot of brushes with Tesla including living at the Marriott across from the Fremont plant most of 2012...but that's another story. I will post more as we drive home the next couple of days.

Reactions: ggnykk and Ville70S
Welcome to Tesla family and enjoy the car! Looks like you have the new 19 inch wheel design too, definitely help with range (around 3%)

Kind of curious, what makes you rush to buy the car on the spot instead of configure it online yourself and wait 1 month?

We made it to FL just fine. The SuperCharger network is amazing to say the least and the AP was great. I especially like AP in crawling bumper to bumper traffic. We hit a 2 hour construction bottleneck at Louisville and it was much more relaxing to let the AP do its thing. I was a little worried about the Louisville-Nashville leg and had a contingency plan if needed, but made that with plenty of reserve, including a stop at our favorite honky tonk on Broadway before we headed for the Supercharger.

Why did we rush to buy? Wanted to take advantage of the 1Q referral discount and lease residuals. In the end we leased out of concern of rapidly changing technology. I consider it a 3 year test drive before we order something else as I don't believe for a second the market value will be anywhere near the inflated residual values of the Q1 promotion.

Nav was great and I ran Waze in the background for alerts. Waze was also better at directing around traffic. The only shortfall that comes to mind is the need for multi-leg trip routing.

I also find it interesting how we (presumably all of us) are ambassators for Tesla. The car seems to attract a crowd at every stop and we find ourselves answering a lot of questions. When we are away from the car in a public place it still attracts a crowd - we made a stop on Sunday and were away from the car, but I could still see it out a window. People were stopping and taking selfies with the car....