Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries for new orders now in May?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice Yelly,
I haven't gotten my vin # yet. I did get a new DS though. They emailed me to let me know that my Model X will probably go into production mid April and I should expect to get my vin # a few weeks prior to that. So I guess I should expect my vin # around late March.

Our X confirmed at 3AM this morning (Midnight California time), and we got a VIN an hour later. Anyone know if this is an automated process?

Our delivery estimate is now April-Early May, so maybe a few weeks earlier than I initially expected. Interestingly, when I asked my Sales Advisor about the March estimates for Model S vs May for Model X, he came back after asking around at HQ, saying that he was told that the battery packs in the S and X were different, and that the X packs were being produced slower. That was news to both me and him. Anyone know about the difference? 100D by the way.

YelliYeti,

i don't know if this helps your understanding of anything, but i'm a 42,xxx VIN too. except i'm a P100D.

my car went into production yesterday (Feb 27). estimated delivery: "March - early April".

personally i think it's BS they prioritize the P cars, but whatever.

To bring this thread to closure, we have an appointment on March 30th to pick up our Model X at the Orlando Service Center. That is almost 2 months earlier than the estimate shown (May-Early June) when I placed the order back in February, and less than 2 months from ordering to delivery. So the timeline is/was:

• Order placed Feb 10, estimate is May-Early June
  • Confirmed Feb 18 (automated e-mail and MyTesla)
  • VIN received Feb 18 (automated e-mail and MyTesla). MyTesla showing April-Early May
  • Received e-mail from DS on Feb 22, stating that production was scheduled for March 13th.
  • Production started on March 13th according to MyTesla, still showing April-Early May. No automated e-mail received
  • Applied for Tesla financing, TD Bank 90% 72 month 1.99% offer received 2 days later and accepted
  • Received e-mail from DS on March 23, stating that production had been completed, and that they were expecting the X to be at the center on March 29. MyTesla updated a day later accordingly. No automated e-mail received.
  • Delivery appointment set for March 30th!

100D, 6 seats, Midnight Silver, White seats with carbon fiber, HiFi sound, towing, PUP, 20" wheels, EAP/FSD.

@idontknow1, I hope your schedule gets accelerated too, not sure why the big difference, given you ordered a day earlier. Maybe it is the PUP?

To bring this thread to closure, we have an appointment on March 30th to pick up our Model X at the Orlando Service Center. That is almost 2 months earlier than the estimate shown (May-Early June) when I placed the order back in February, and less than 2 months from ordering to delivery. So the timeline is/was:

• Order placed Feb 10, estimate is May-Early June
  • Confirmed Feb 18 (automated e-mail and MyTesla)
  • VIN received Feb 18 (automated e-mail and MyTesla). MyTesla showing April-Early May
  • Received e-mail from DS on Feb 22, stating that production was scheduled for March 13th.
  • Production started on March 13th according to MyTesla, still showing April-Early May. No automated e-mail received
  • Applied for Tesla financing, TD Bank 90% 72 month 1.99% offer received 2 days later and accepted
  • Received e-mail from DS on March 23, stating that production had been completed, and that they were expecting the X to be at the center on March 29. MyTesla updated a day later accordingly. No automated e-mail received.
  • Delivery appointment set for March 30th!

100D, 6 seats, Midnight Silver, White seats with carbon fiber, HiFi sound, towing, PUP, 20" wheels, EAP/FSD.

@idontknow1, I hope your schedule gets accelerated too, not sure why the big difference, given you ordered a day earlier. Maybe it is the PUP?

Hope your delivery goes well today! Let us know how it went.

Everything went great! 8.1 had just finished downloading when we got there, so they gave us an S P100D to drive to lunch while it installed. The cameras are still calibrating, and it only had 16 miles, so no Autopilot yet. Already used summon. Everything was perfect, no problems whatsoever, reading the forums can sometimes be nerve-racking.
IMG_20170330_161324682.jpg

Reactions: esk8mw and ckwong
Finally, excited to be able to test the Model X 120 D with a 320 mile range that will make the X 100 D obsolete and out of production at end of this year. It looks great. You'll be sad that you ordered the X 100D since this once has more range and is only $1,000 more !!!

April Fool