Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In terms of driving experience, any Tesla will beat your Accord for sure. Well, I will even say any Tesla will beat the driving experience of most if not all ICE cars. The instant torque is the thing that you can’t get with the ICE cars. So, you won’t be disappointed in that regards. But based on my experience, temper your expectation a little as far as getting a “perfect” car. There could be panel gaps, rattle, squeaks somewhere. If you can live with a little imperfection, you will be very happy owning a Tesla. And Model X is the best Tesla there is. IMO, it’s the best things in all the other Tesla models combined into 1 car
Yes, I heard some horror stories like the car got worse and worse every time it went into service center for minor defects and Tesla decided to buy it back, and the whole process took almost 1.5 years.

I watched several delivery day youtube clips but still not comfortable that I am ready to make the right decision. If you or anyone reading this post have come across any good advice/instruction about the following on delivery day inspection:

1. Defects that better to live with than fixing to avoid unforseen bigger problem.
2. Defects that reject the car immediately without hesitation
3. Defects that can be easily fixed by Tesla service at no risk of causing bigger issue

Much appreciated.

Thank you! Do you know how long a rate is good with them if I apply before my car is ready?

60 days

Just applied last night, account opened and approved today with 72 month loan at 3.99%. Now all they need to finalize is a signed final price sheet from Tesla.... so I might need to take an inventory MXP before my loan expires. Going to be checking daily. I passed on this one this morning that matched everything except the interior color. MXP, Ultra Red, Yoke, 20s, and white Interior for $92,990. My order had black interior and was $90,990. The inventory unit has already been purchased and is now no longer available, it was up for about two hours this AM.
I am so glad that you and many others got the lowest rate available! I've always wanted to contribute something because I learned so much from you guys in this forum.

P.S. I also confirmed mine is good for 60 days, not 30 days.

Just want to throw out a big thank you to @Breakthrough for the great loan tip. 👏 I think a lot of MX buyers are going to be taking advantage of that great rate! Sounds like someone over at FedChoice owes him one too! 😂

Haha, actually, a few minutes ago I called them to ask about "Is there any reward for bringing customers for auto loan?" but UNFORTUNATELY they said no. However, I feel like l already got tons of reward that it worked out for you guys as well!

I first heard about fedchoice from the other thread titled Credit Unions with good rates that accept applicants anywhere within the US? I just made a list of all lenders that were mentioned positively in last 2 years from this forum and started crossing out after verifying the current rate and bingo!

I wish I could have put the similar amount of effort 4 years ago when I refinanced my mortgage. Do you know any good forum or website for real estate or financing?

I love this. Any idea whether this rate requires purchase financing, or can I purchase with cash and then finance 100% LTV with them?
Not sure but they go up to 125% LTV. My plan is to use the financing option and provide 3rd party financing. I've already done this on my order and notified Tesla that my lender is currently Navy Federal but will likely change it to FedChoice if I can secure an inventory model that I like. 3.49% (FedChoice) vs 5.44% (NF) is a substantial savings. NF advertises 5.04% but I wasn't able to get that rate even though I bank with them primarily, have a 800+ score according to their notice on the credit report used for the decision, and a low single digit debt to income ratio.

Reactions: Operator
Not sure but they go up to 125% LTV. My plan is to use the financing option and provide 3rd party financing. I've already done this on my order and notified Tesla that my lender is currently Navy Federal but will likely change it to FedChoice if I can secure an inventory model that I like. 3.49% (FedChoice) vs 5.44% (NF) is a substantial savings. NF advertises 5.04% but I wasn't able to get that rate even though I bank with them primarily, have a 800+ score according to their notice on the credit report used for the decision, and a low single digit debt to income ratio.
Is it pretty easy to changeover financing to a 3rd party even if you got a loan approved through Tesla and have it confirmed?

Is it pretty easy to changeover financing to a 3rd party even if you got a loan approved through Tesla and have it confirmed?
I was on Tesla loan originally. There is no penalty changing financing option so as trade-in option if you are still waiting for the car. When I said no penalty, it means no extra fee and it doesn't affect your EDD. Confirmed by Tesla SA. You just need to call them to change it for you. You can't do this by yourself on the app or website.

Same I was told 30 days. Which is fine as long as the rate doesn’t go up too much since you get a 1% discount but the floor is 3.99
I was able to change because TD (Tesla finance) dropped off cause it was over 30 days

Ah just saw the fine print.

# Counties Covered Under FedChoice Charter: District of Columbia, Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Calvert County, Carroll County, Cecil County, Charles County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Queen Anne's County, Virginia: Alexandria City, Arlington County, Clarke County, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Fauquier County, Fredericksburg City, Loudoun County, Manassas City, Manassas Park City, Prince William County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Warren County, West Virginia: Jefferson County, Delaware: New Castle County, Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, New Jersey: Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County and Salem County

Ah just saw the fine print.

# Counties Covered Under FedChoice Charter: District of Columbia, Maryland: Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County, Calvert County, Carroll County, Cecil County, Charles County, Frederick County, Harford County, Howard County, Montgomery County, Prince George's County, Queen Anne's County, Virginia: Alexandria City, Arlington County, Clarke County, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Fauquier County, Fredericksburg City, Loudoun County, Manassas City, Manassas Park City, Prince William County, Spotsylvania County, Stafford County, Warren County, West Virginia: Jefferson County, Delaware: New Castle County, Pennsylvania: Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County, New Jersey: Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County and Salem County
Yeah I saw that. Was curious if everyone was in these areas or what lol. Maybe those areas have branches?