Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are most with fresh VIN's able to scheduled delivery right away or a few days wait?

My VIN came through 10/17 PM, completed my insurance task the morning of 10/18, but still no option to schedule delivery... Shows my updated EDD of 11/1 to 11/8.

Just says "Check back Later" under the schedule section.... otherwise 4 Green checks ✅ and Complete under Registration, No Trade-In, Financing and Insurance tasks. 🤷‍♂️

Are most with fresh VIN's able to scheduled delivery right away or a few days wait?

My VIN came through 10/17 PM, completed my insurance task the morning of 10/18, but still no option to schedule delivery... Shows my updated EDD of 11/1 to 11/8.

Just says "Check back Later" under the schedule section.... otherwise 4 Green checks ✅ and Complete under Registration, No Trade-In, Financing and Insurance tasks. 🤷‍♂️
Looking at the info provided by others so far, people in the NE/Mid Atlantic area took delivery @12 days (on avg) after they received their VIN. Can’t say how soon after they got the VIN they were allowed to schedule delivery, but they at is when they took delivery. Longest some one waited was 23 days. That range of time could account for rail shipment across the US after the VIN was assigned during production.

Hope that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: Breakthrough

Yes, I think it is highly dependent on where you are geographically. I've seen a pattern of Northern California people scheduling their delivery within a day or two of VIN assignment and east coast people not scheduling their delivery for weeks.

Yes, I think it is highly dependent on where you are geographically. I've seen a pattern of Northern California people scheduling their delivery within a day or two of VIN assignment and east coast people not scheduling their delivery for weeks.
I agree with that assessment. Anyone (15 people) west of the rockies is averaging 3 days from VIN to delivery.

No. I don't live in any of those counties. I'm in a different state and had no problem starting membership or being approved for a loan.

What was your FedChoice approval process timeline like?

Member approval first, then auto loan application right?

*Just noticed the combo option… crap! 🤦🏻‍♂️

IMG_9785.jpeg

Just applied as a new member, saw the credit ding already and got confirmation.

Hoping to get this done quick and switch over from my DCU pre-approval. 🤞🏻

Last edited:
EDD4: October 12-Nov 23 (9/20)
EDD5: October 8-29 (10/2)
Vin Assigned 10/4, 2023 4175xx
Estimated Delivery Oct 16-23

Horrible timing since I’m out of town for work all but two of those days. Hopefully can take delivery in my narrow window.

Ready for Delivery Text: 10/12
Delivery window: The exact days when I'm out of town for work. Starting the day after I leave and ending the day I get back (can't get home any earlier)
Was able to take delivery tonight! Not flawless but nothing major. Should all be fixable. Panel gaps were perfect, FWDs working. Just a few minor cosmetic issues

IMG_9842.jpeg

Got her all fixed up to my liking.
Picked up oct 7th.
Windshield tinted 50%, front driver and passenger windows tinted 30%. Full frontal PPF. New shoes that were installed at my home😎😎
Custom design forged wheels, gun metal with machined face
Fronts 22/9.5 et26 tire 265/35/22
Rear 22/10.5 et 30 tire 285/35/22
Moved over TPMS sensors from stock wheels.

I used Zohr mobile tire shop. Awesome company with guys that go the extra mile with taking care of all questions and concerns and most importantly, being carefully with your stuff!

PS- I got 4 cyberstream wheels with tires for sale if anyone is interested! 800 miles on them.

Attachments

• IMG_5662.jpeg
    IMG_5662.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5661.jpeg
    IMG_5661.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5660.jpeg
    IMG_5660.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_5659.jpeg
    IMG_5659.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5658.jpeg
    IMG_5658.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5657.jpeg
    IMG_5657.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5635.jpeg
    IMG_5635.jpeg
    611 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5636.jpeg
    IMG_5636.jpeg
    525 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_5632.jpeg
    IMG_5632.jpeg
    879.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_5663.jpeg
    IMG_5663.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
Looking at the info provided by others so far, people in the NE/Mid Atlantic area took delivery @12 days (on avg) after they received their VIN. Can’t say how soon after they got the VIN they were allowed to schedule delivery, but they at is when they took delivery. Longest some one waited was 23 days. That range of time could account for rail shipment across the US after the VIN was assigned during production.

Hope that helps.
I got VIN on 10/4 or 10/3 and was able to schedule for delivery on 10/16 then I picked up today 10/19. Hope that data point helps at all.

Reactions: jwblane