Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold my MSLR today and hours later got the request from Tesla to schedule delivery. I'm traveling to FL for work tomorrow until this coming Friday, and was really hoping I could Uber from BWI to my delivery center instead of going home. My SA says the system is showing the car should arrive at the center on Thursday, 10/26. Earliest available appt in the app was Tues, 10/31, but I really doubt it takes them 5 days to prep a car. Think it's possible I can call a day or so out and see if they will accommodate an early delivery? Would rather avoid another trip - picking up on the way home from the airport would be ideal.

Reactions: Breakthrough
Sold my MSLR today and hours later got the request from Tesla to schedule delivery. I'm traveling to FL for work tomorrow until this coming Friday, and was really hoping I could Uber from BWI to my delivery center instead of going home. My SA says the system is showing the car should arrive at the center on Thursday, 10/26. Earliest available appt in the app was Tues, 10/31, but I really doubt it takes them 5 days to prep a car. Think it's possible I can call a day or so out and see if they will accommodate an early delivery? Would rather avoid another trip - picking up on the way home from the airport would be ideal.
Never hurts to ask!

Reactions: Neon001
Only @SOBX MX who ordered 9/21 and got a VIN on 10/5.
@SOBX MX ordered 'MXP with Yoke' which has less demand than 'MX with Steering wheel' = so much faster delivery.

Sold my MSLR today and hours later got the request from Tesla to schedule delivery.
Congrats! When was your VIN assigned? Woud you mind sharing other specs (Wheel size, seating, steering, EAD, FSD)?

Reactions: Neon001
MXLR White/Black Tax configuration
Order Sep 3
EDD1: Oct 1 - Oct 15
Sep 28 received VIN 417XX
SA called and gave me only Sep 30 delivery date that didn't work for me, so he put order on hold.
Order hold removed Sep 12
EDD2: Oct 19 - Nov 9
Oct 21 Received VIN 4210XX
EDD3: Oct 23 - Oct 30

• Informative
Reactions: Visvism
A
Would you mind sharing more detail about your MXLR order? (Wheel size, seating, steering, EAD, FSD)

And the other 'Luckiest' person in CA ordered and received the same exact spec including above?

Do you happen to know how many Tesla products (vehicle and solar panel/roof)?

I'm just trying to 'guesstimate' Tesla's delivery algorithm. FYI, my order detail is in my signature. Many thanks!
MXLR white, poverty edition. :)

I have another Tesla, I also have Tesla solar. I don’t think it factors in at all.

EDD is tightening up - Nov 28-Jan 9. Since it looks like it will be a Dec delivery and that’s when incentives start. Could I create a new order for the same car on the day of pickup and reject delivery and ask them to reassign the order?
Not sure I am following with the incentives? Can you explain what incentives you are talking about?

Also, I imagine if you reject, they will pull up the next person in line with that spec and pass it along. But then again, I could be wrong.

Not sure I am following with the incentives? Can you explain what incentives you are talking about?

Also, I imagine if you reject, they will pull up the next person in line with that spec and pass it along. But then again, I could be wrong.
End of year incentives they usually push out (last 2-3 weeks of December) to boost sales. I assume it’s a gamble but depending on what the incentives are it might be worth it.

Last year they did $7,500 discount and free 10,000 miles of Supercharging

@SOBX MX ordered 'MXP with Yoke' which has less demand than 'MX with Steering wheel' = so much faster delivery.

Congrats! When was your VIN assigned? Woud you mind sharing other specs (Wheel size, seating, steering, EAD, FSD)?
When I got my VIN earlier this month I got a delivery date 2 days later. I put my order on hold and released the VIN, just would have made me rush to get everything done and didn’t have time with work etc.