Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
they did this intentionally so they can move more of the regular X and they are faster to make vs the plaids take much longer. Tesla wants people to by the watered down version so they can get into the federal rebate program vs next year half of rebate.
I would disagree. Tesla wants to sell the maximum amount of cars for the maximum profit. What is your basis for the "plaids take much longer"? I would guess the build time is little different. The drive train is probably preassembled. The rear assembly will have an extra motor. Basically no other substantive difference. I would also suggest that the extra costs to build - parts/labor is less than $5k. That would mean an extra $10k profit. I suspect Tesla raised the price because they knew 3 days later they were going to offer to transfer FUSC and this would stimulate demand and they could increase profits.

Finally got the VIN.

Config: Model X / Red / Cream interior / regular steering / LR / 20"
Order date: 9/5

EDD1: 10/12 - 11/23
EDD2: 11/03 - 12/15
Final EDD after VIN: 11/19 - 11/26

Got approved for FedChoice for 3.99% APR, submitted MVPA waiting for their final process and next step.
Already got sms from Tesla for downpayment and insurance requirement but will wait as the final EDD is 15 days from now. Will do once I get final process is done with FedChoice.

Exciting.
What are the first 3 digits of your VIN serial?

Finally got the VIN.

Got approved for FedChoice for 3.99% APR, submitted MVPA waiting for their final process and next step.
Already got sms from Tesla for downpayment and insurance requirement but will wait as the final EDD is 15 days from now. Will do once I get final process is done with FedChoice.

Exciting.
What are the first 3 digits of the VIN's serial?

My EDD was updated today as well. Not really seeing the point of changing it from 11/3-11/24 to 11/4-11/24, especially having today's date be the start when clearly they will not be delivering it today.

Model X LR (Rebate Edition), Ultra Red, FSD transfer
Order date: 9/8/2023

EDD 1 (9/8): Oct - Nov 2023
EDD 2 (9/19): Nov - Dec 2023
EDD 3 (9/19): October 22 - December 3
EDD 4 (10/2): October 16 - November 20
EDD 5 (10/17): October 29 - December 3
EDD 6 (10/29): November 3 - November 24
EDD 7 (11/04): November 4 - November 24

VIN: Unassigned

I had Tessie all summer, to gather some data. In fact it helped me troubleshoot an HVAC issue.
It's $200 lifetime... anyone know if there will be any holiday/black friday sales on that price ;)
Nudge me enough just to get it? Then I'd have it day 1 for my new X.

Because it costs more, obviously.
Umm not necessarily true. The Plaid comes with red brake calipers the front are presumptively upgraded. It also comes with higher temperature brake fluid. Those 2 difference may costs more in parts but they add zero to the time to build the car. Many luxury vehicles will use higher grade material - finer leather etc. that increases "costs" not build time. The real question is how much more are the material costs and labor costs - if any - vs the standard model. The price differential is $15k. Like I said before I suspect the actual extra costs to build the Plaid is a fraction of that.

Umm not necessarily true. The Plaid comes with red brake calipers the front are presumptively upgraded. It also comes with higher temperature brake fluid. Those 2 difference may costs more in parts but they add zero to the time to build the car. Many luxury vehicles will use higher grade material - finer leather etc. that increases "costs" not build time. The real question is how much more are the material costs and labor costs - if any - vs the standard model. The price differential is $15k. Like I said before I suspect the actual extra costs to build the Plaid is a fraction of that.

Sorry but had to add the /s retroactively, my bad.

Reactions: msm859
Finally got the VIN.

Exciting.
How do one get approved for 3.99 when their website says 4.49%?