Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, they asked for my loan payoff again.
So i'm 99% sure the "trade in value" is Loan Payoff + $29.99. that's how they do those.
If you're up for it, maybe just make up a number you want to sell the vehicle at in an ideal scenario and see what happens. Worst case scenario, they're still going to come back with a lowball offer. I did this, and Tesla still came back with a ridiculous lowball offer. Ended up selling my M3 private for $11K over what Tesla offered.

At the end of the day, when it's comes to close, they will still need a 10-day payoff letter. Who's to say you didn't make additional payments towards the principle between now and then and so a lower payoff amount then.

Last edited:
Just seems like a folks aren’t aware that Tesla doesn’t tie changes to model years (usually). I like it when people are well informed.
I for one would love to have a 24 instead of a 23. Better resale value, and it sounds newer:p.
I thought a while back when the discussion came up (maybe on the cybertruck owner forum), Somebody "Knowledgable" pointed out that Tesla switches model year dating sometime in November. Maybe I heard wrong.

me: Is the demo car physically at the location, for me to look at?

Tesla: Yes, but you cannot look at it.

me: So.. if I'm standing 3 feet from from the car, my eyes cease to function?

Tesla: you are welcome to try. I have explained the blah blah blah

For a company that allegedly wants to sell cars, they sure know how to piss people off.

I thought about driving out to check it out, and buy it today. But instead I'm just ticked off now.
Sadly the craziest part of the conversation is that most likely EVERY other dealer would have NO problem with you looking at a car you were interested in buying. And further sad, Tesla is probably the car with the most complaints about issues on a new vehicle. I have always bought my new cars sight unseen. I was never worried. Tesla forums are the only place were they have "checklist" of how to inspect a car before taking delivery.

Took delivery of my MX yesterday. Stealth Grey. Arranging predelivery was kind of a shitshow (delivered to a location farther from me and the one I originally designated) but Tesla paid for my Uber there. The Stealth Grey is amazing. Love the darker contrast compared to MSM (there was one next to it). Condition was flawless during inspection. No major panel gaps or issues of any kind that I could find. I was able to inspect the car before even walking in to check in (employees didn't seem to care).

Spent the rest of the day installing mats, mud guards, screen protector, configuring, etc. Have it scheduled for PPF, Tint, and alignment next week.

Good luck to everybody else awaiting delivery. It's worth it.

Attachments

• IMG_4809.jpg
    IMG_4809.jpg
    898.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Took delivery of my MX yesterday. Stealth Grey. Arranging predelivery was kind of a shitshow (delivered to a location farther from me and the one I originally designated) but Tesla paid for my Uber there. The Stealth Grey is amazing. Love the darker contrast compared to MSM (there was one next to it). Condition was flawless during inspection. No major panel gaps or issues of any kind that I could find. I was able to inspect the car before even walking in to check in (employees didn't seem to care).

Spent the rest of the day installing mats, mud guards, screen protector, configuring, etc. Have it scheduled for PPF, Tint, and alignment next week.

Good luck to everybody else waiting delivery. It's worth it.
Finally, a picture that shows how dark it is. Wow! Excited for mine. What was your VIN serial 4xxxxx?

Finally, a picture that shows how dark it is. Wow! Excited for mine. What was your VIN serial 4xxxxx?

It's definitely darker than MSM. Practically black in the evening. I originally had a 424XXX VIN that Tesla corrected (told me it was an error) but it's a 423XXX.

Also in case it wasn't made clear already, there's no camera, button or anything in the front near the badge. Renders were literally a shadow.

Good luck to everybody else awaiting delivery. It's worth it.

Amazing, please post more of this beauty 🤩

Reactions: WiseShepherd
I got my VIN and scheduled delivery for Friday, but not able to contact FedChoice. I was exchanging messages with them until 1p and they stopped responding, probably because after hours on the EST. It appears that they'll be closing on Friday as well.

Anyone got a contact at FedChoice that can help with this? I really want to pick it up ASAP, not Monday.

I got my VIN and scheduled delivery for Friday, but not able to contact FedChoice. I was exchanging messages with them until 1p and they stopped responding, probably because after hours on the EST. It appears that they'll be closing on Friday as well.

Anyone got a contact at FedChoice that can help with this? I really want to pick it up ASAP, not Monday.
Me too. I was going to finish my lunch to call Fedchoice but apparently they closed early today. Doesn't look like there's much you can do if they're closed tomorrow due to the holiday too. Sorry to hear.