Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is the benefit of that over PPF? I've had PPF on my model s for 4 years now and the car always have a nice polished/shiny look after a wash. Not sure I will see a difference if I apply this so I am curious.
Ceramic Coatings are basically a semi-permanent sealant and gloss enhancer.

Makes the paint, wrap or PPF super slick and easy to clean for months and/or years to come.

Adds UV protection as well so is actually protects the paint, vinyl or PPF which is why many layer the two products together.

Last edited:
Ceramic Coatings are basically a semi-permanent sealant and gloss enhancer.

Makes the paint, wrap or PPF super slick and easy to clean for months and/or years to come.

Adds UV protection as well so is actually protects the paint, vinyl or PPF which is why many layer the two products together.

My guess is for the relevant part you get the same effect at a fraction of the cost using hydrophobic sparys:

I wouldn't buy expensive emperor's invisible clothes to do that. Also if you ever need paint chips to get fixed, it's way cheaper than a PPF.

OD: 9/9
MXLR, Red/Black, Tax Edition
EDD1: Oct/Nov
EDD2 (9/19): Nov/Dec; Nov 8 - Dec 20 (updated later same day)
EDD3 (10/2): Oct 27 - Dec 8
EDD4 (10/30): Dec 2023 - Jan 2024; Nov 17 - Dec 22 (updated later same day...scared me with the initial update...)

VIN assigned today - 2023 model - PF424
EDD: Nov 29 - Dec 6

For those with Fedchoice, I strongly suggest that you call them for updates. They’re so much more responsive with phone calls. I had messaged them on their messaging a few times and never heard back. But when I called, they looked at my file and took care of everything there.
I was feeling alittle bit of FOMO with all the conversations about FedChoice's rate (since I had completed purchase just before being aware of their rates). I decided to just do a refinance of my X's loan with FedChoice, and got lucky with submitting my application and getting pre approval last week 11/8 just before the rates changed. Just got confirmation today of final approval and was able to still get 3.99% on the refinance (with new member account discount, which I think they gave me the 1% off since it was pre approved before the change also) for 72 mo. So I was able to get my interest rate down 2% from my original loan with my other CU.

I agree about messaging vs calling. I asked 2 questions last week through the messaging and still haven't received a response. Calling in they were able to answer my questions immediately.

not really, we all just have been brainwashed to believe they will constantly have issues. I only encountered 1 issue and that was due to the car seat being too close to the door where it touched during closing. we just like to complain about our first world problems and have a good time LOL. Are they perfect? no, do they do the job? Yes.
@SunnySideUp @eeee-meeee

My current 2016 MX had some FWD issues when I first got it 7 years ago. The Service Center tweaked them a couple of times the first month. Since then, so far, I haven't had any issues.

Hoping my new MXLR FWDs behave with the same good manners.

@SunnySideUp @eeee-meeee

My current 2016 MX had some FWD issues when I first got it 7 years ago. The Service Center tweaked them a couple of times the first month. Since then, so far, I haven't had any issues.

Hoping my new MXLR FWDs behave with the same good manners.
They will be fine. You ONLY hear about the ones that have issues. The thousands of folks who never encounter any issues are out enjoying their cars and not posting about how great their car is. For me, honestly I'm really enjoying this car. Its different, FAST and years ahead of the competition I feel. Only issue with me is I like to come on the forums to see what "potential issues" I may face that others are having haha. Bad habit of mine :rolleyes: I'm sure some of the folks on here can relate?

Reactions: srjinatl
Back in the day when I was in College I would tint windows and watching YouTube videos of those guys doing PPF on cars uses a lot of the same techniques as tinting windows. I know there is a lot more prep work that is needed prior to applying the PPF and corners/angles are more work but I will get my mobile detailer to prep the car so I can jump right into doing the PPF. Planning on doing the pillars first, then the doors to get warmed up. Then the more challenging back and finally front.
Does anyone have a discount code?

If what I have heard/read holds true regarding the VIN year change in the past, then we are on the precipice of the VIN flip to 2024. Of course that does not apply to demo vehicles or older rejected vehicles still moving through the system.
Are you thinking by tomorrow or the end of this week that we'll see "Q" or "R" / non "P" VIN's coming through?

Last edited: