Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you get it resolved? The FedChoice call center is closed for the day, unfortunately, so there is no way to get a hold of a live person to clear up. I wish they'd have just sent the wire confirmation that I requested 3 times and they promised they'd send. Sigh!
Check your payment section on the Tesla app. It should indicate if the financed amount has been paid. In my case, there were a few days between wiring payment and delivery so it wasn’t as stressful.

I asked the Tesla person texting me about their financing for a vehicle for my business. Now, I already know they don't have the best rate from reading this thread.

But the person said "You will have to finance with your personal credit, but you can register the car under your business." I'm kind of surprised that is actually legal but assuming it is, what does it mean for the normal deductibility of the loan interest?

Reactions: explosive0
Check your payment section on the Tesla app. It should indicate if the financed amount has been paid. In my case, there were a few days between wiring payment and delivery so it wasn’t as stressful.
The entire time I was there this afternoon/evening, it was only showing my downpayment in the app. I got a hotel close to the delivery center so I could figure out tomorrow morning. Of course the app now shows the payment from FedChoice. I wonder if it was on Tesla's end. Sigh! One anomaly is that the app is showing negative value for the amount I'm financing as the amount due. I think I've seen some posts about that on here.

On the bright side, looks like I can pickup early tomorrow and head home.

Last edited:
Reactions: eeee-meeee
The entire time I was there this afternoon/evening, it was only showing my downpayment in the app. I got a hotel close to the delivery center so I could figure out tomorrow morning. Of course the app now shows the payment from FedChoice. I wonder if it was on Tesla's end. Sigh! One anomaly is that the app is showing negative value for the amount I'm financing as the amount due. I think I've seen some posts about that on here.

On the bright side, looks like I can pickup early tomorrow and head home.
Glad it’s working out. Yes it’s frustrating because my text guy was also asking me the same questions 5 different ways and times. My hunch is it happens all the time where the wire is sent but it’s not clearly associated with your car/account.

@WiseShepard @Operator

I have lived in Vail, CO for over 29 years. I took delivery of my first MX in December 2016. At that time my wife & I alternated going back & forth between homes in Austin, TX and Vail, every 3-4 months. We stayed in Vail for the entire Ski Season, and did this for 10 years.

My point in mentioning this is to say, I NEVER put snow tires on my MX 75D, and only used the All Season tires that it came equipped with. In all those years navigating in blizzard snowstorms, up & down the Vail Pass, so far, I NEVER got stuck or had any issues.

Get snow tires if you feel more comfortable, but in my experience (so far), it's not necessary.
Trust me I get what you are saying, and think it's a legit review. But for me living in Wyoming, and Colorado, I've made the choice to have winter tires on every vehicle I pay insurance for. My old fwd Jetta wagon got me over Monarch Pass during one of the worst snowstorms I've ever been in, no way would I have tried that with A/S's. "Could" I have made it?!? Maybe... But I prefer the confidence and performance I get out of my snow tires. In my 328d with winter tires, I was out accelerating just about everything I came next to or in front of, because of the grip the winter tires, and awd (x-drive) gave me. I don't want to ever feel like I can't go somewhere or try something. Below is my Audi, at Georgetown Lake. Wouldn't have tried that with regular tires. In Wyoming, at times it seemed like I'd own just about half the tracks in town because I went out 1st thing just to have fun in the snow. But I know the majority run All-Seasons, and have no issues. I will say last year I went to hit Keystone early season, before I put winters on my fwd wagon. Sure enough my A/S's weren't enough to keep me from sliding into a curb, and costing my about $1k in repairs. That's why I had winter wheels/tires before I even had the MX, so when it's time I can head on out!

Oh, and hopefully I bump into you sometime at Vail. Still my favorite. But the Bergman Bowl opening up at Keystone could make things close.

Attachments

• IMG_1436.JPG
    IMG_1436.JPG
    490.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3403.JPG
    IMG_3403.JPG
    414.1 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: ModelX
Trust me I get what you are saying, and think it's a legit review. But for me living in Wyoming, and Colorado, I've made the choice to have winter tires on every vehicle I pay insurance for. My old fwd Jetta wagon got me over Monarch Pass during one of the worst snowstorms I've ever been in, no way would I have tried that with A/S's. "Could" I have made it?!? Maybe... But I prefer the confidence and performance I get out of my snow tires. In my 328d with winter tires, I was out accelerating just about everything I came next to or in front of, because of the grip the winter tires, and awd (x-drive) gave me. I don't want to ever feel like I can't go somewhere or try something. Below is my Audi, at Georgetown Lake. Wouldn't have tried that with regular tires. In Wyoming, at times it seemed like I'd own just about half the tracks in town because I went out 1st thing just to have fun in the snow. But I know the majority run All-Seasons, and have no issues. I will say last year I went to hit Keystone early season, before I put winters on my fwd wagon. Sure enough my A/S's weren't enough to keep me from sliding into a curb, and costing my about $1k in repairs. That's why I had winter wheels/tires before I even had the MX, so when it's time I can head on out!

Oh, and hopefully I bump into you sometime at Vail. Still my favorite. But the Bergman Bowl opening up at Keystone could make things close.
@Operator

I hear what your saying. It's a question of what you feel most comfortable with.
BTW. I mostly ski Beaver Creek since I had a home there for 12 years and still maintain my Beaver Creek Club membership. Have you ever skied the Beav? The Grouse Mountain Experts Only area is also pretty special, featuring the Birds of Prey World Cup Downhill Course, part of the World Cup Circuit in early December.

When you plan on coming to the area, give me a heads up and we can make some turns together. As a BC CLUB member I have access to the on mountain Member’s only restaurants, that you might enjoy.

No movement on mine lately even thought the beginning of my estimated delivery window is coming up in about a week and will also hit the 60 day trend people are saying it takes to get their VIN:

MXLR (Tax Edition) - Black/Black/5 Seater/Steering Wheel/20" Wheels
No FSD, No FSD Transfer, No Supercharging Transfer
Ordered through Sales Person: 9/27
Initial EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD Update 10/10: Nov 29 - Jan 24
EDD Update 10/22: Nov 26 - Jan 7
EDD Update 11/13: Nov 29 - Jan 3
VIN Assigned: TBD
VIN Year: TBD
Pick Up Date: TBD

Reactions: SOBX MX
9/22 stealth grey poverty edition order updated and new EDD is 11/23-12/14.

on a side note, i did my financing through tesla app and i was approved. i can see the loan amount/apr/terms/etc but nothing official in email or on the website. i don't even know what bank approved the loan. how do i find out?

No movement on mine lately even thought the beginning of my estimated delivery window is coming up in about a week and will also hit the 60 day trend people are saying it takes to get their VIN:

MXLR (Tax Edition) - Black/Black/5 Seater/Steering Wheel/20" Wheels
No FSD, No FSD Transfer, No Supercharging Transfer
Ordered through Sales Person: 9/27
Initial EDD: Nov - Dec
EDD Update 10/10: Nov 29 - Jan 24
EDD Update 10/22: Nov 26 - Jan 7
EDD Update 11/13: Nov 29 - Jan 3
VIN Assigned: TBD
VIN Year: TBD
Pick Up Date: TBD
@davenlei
I'm one of the POSTERS that first noticed the 60 day trend. Like you, my EDD has only updated 3 times, while others have 10 EDD updates...I don't get why!!!

Hopefully the 60 day trend holds true for US. 😆