Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation:

Ordered 10/11 for delivery in California

EDD #1 Nov - Dec
EDD #2 Dec 8 - Feb 2
EDD #3 Dec 12 - Jan 23
EDD #4 Dec 13 - Jan 17

My last update was 2 weeks ago and the EDD window is less than a week away so I'm expecting an update at any time. Based on what I've seen, I should expect my VIN around 12/20-12/27. I'm assuming California deliveries will get priority to boost Q4 numbers so I'm hopeful I'll get delivery by 12/31. The only wrinkle is that I am planning to take the Section 179 deduction so I'll be cutting it close if I need to switch to another vehicle at the last minute if I can't take delivery by 12/31...

Reactions: EvoL
If so, the delivery advisor straight out lied to me. I was concerned the delay was due to damage to the car but he claimed that all deliveries were being suspended.
I have not heard this. Who told you this? I will say…my X has had delivery pushed 2x this week due to “software error” that requires a firmware fix…

Anyone else hear this? This is for an X Plaid.

Reactions: EvoL
I had delivery scheduled for this week but Tesla just cancelled it. I'm told that HQ has put a hold on all S and X deliveries until next week. Anyone else heard this?
Uggghhhh same thing happened to me. Was supposed to pick up this afternoon in SoCal. I was told that soonest available pick up would now be on Saturday. So Saturday it is for now but seeing some of these other responses, I'm not too hopeful 🥹

I'm wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation:

Ordered 10/11 for delivery in California

EDD #1 Nov - Dec
EDD #2 Dec 8 - Feb 2
EDD #3 Dec 12 - Jan 23
EDD #4 Dec 13 - Jan 17

My last update was 2 weeks ago and the EDD window is less than a week away so I'm expecting an update at any time. Based on what I've seen, I should expect my VIN around 12/20-12/27. I'm assuming California deliveries will get priority to boost Q4 numbers so I'm hopeful I'll get delivery by 12/31. The only wrinkle is that I am planning to take the Section 179 deduction so I'll be cutting it close if I need to switch to another vehicle at the last minute if I can't take delivery by 12/31...
I’m in the same boat. East Bay Area, CA ordered 10/18 with EDD Dec 14 - Jan 18. Last update was approximately 2 weeks ago. MXLR, SG, Blk 5-seat, 20” wheels, round steering wheel, tax edition.

I have not heard this. Who told you this? I will say…my X has had delivery pushed 2x this week due to “software error” that requires a firmware fix…

Anyone else hear this? This is for an X Plaid.
I just got my ‘21 MYLR back from Vallejo, CA SC due to a headlight calibration issue that was present in the 2023.38.6-2023.44.1FW’s. They had to do a complete firmware wipe and reinstall. Issue was also being experienced by other with M3’s and MY’s. Might be a long shot, since I hadn’t heard from anyone in the MS or MX community, but maybe something similar in that firmware has caused a delivery stoppage. I couldn’t drive my MY at night because the headlights were resetting to the highest vertical setting and would blind oncoming traffic after the 2023.38.6FW and calibration would fail to hold at desired height.

Reactions: WiseShepherd