Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ex
How much were you quoted for the PPF? Just wanting to compare since I was quoted between $6K-$7K just for PPF with basic prep. They wanted more to do full prep (paint correction for whatever is there on new paint such as scuffs and holograms, etc.). With a black car I probably should reconsider but I am just going to go with ceramic coating since I don't do very much freeway driving (95+% city driving) and the roads here are maintained well and kept clean.
im skipping ppf. Only doing ceramic and window tints. Just sold my ppf Y to a dealer and they dgaf

My delivery was scheduled for tomorrow in Carlsbad, CA. They cancelled the appointment and stated that "all S/X models need further inspection" and I cannot reschedule the appointment until after this weekend.
Yep, mine too! “Containment Hold” was the explanation for the halt to deliveries. Wonder what part they forgot to install recently on the assembly lines?

I'm wondering if anyone else is in a similar situation:

Ordered 10/11 for delivery in California

EDD #1 Nov - Dec
EDD #2 Dec 8 - Feb 2
EDD #3 Dec 12 - Jan 23
EDD #4 Dec 13 - Jan 17

My last update was 2 weeks ago and the EDD window is less than a week away so I'm expecting an update at any time. Based on what I've seen, I should expect my VIN around 12/20-12/27. I'm assuming California deliveries will get priority to boost Q4 numbers so I'm hopeful I'll get delivery by 12/31. The only wrinkle is that I am planning to take the Section 179 deduction so I'll be cutting it close if I need to switch to another vehicle at the last minute if I can't take delivery by 12/31...
You ordered a little more than two weeks after I did (9/27) and I live in SoCal. I only had three updates and then it went quiet for a few weeks. I suddenly got a VIN four days before my last EDD delivery window update (11/25) started and was able to pick it up the day before my listed EDD delivery window (11/28).
I was also stressed out because I was counting on the Section 179 deduction and went to Audi to test drive the Q8 eTron as a backup. My VIN notification came just a few hours after we left the Audi dealer. The Audi dealer was really trying to convince me to make a deal and was offering me price incentives and a 2.99% interest rate if I wanted to buy or a $7,500 credit if I wanted to lease. Unfortunately the Q8 eTron felt lacking in performance and did not have the interior space I wanted.

I think your VIN is coming very soon though.

Last edited:
Interesting thought. Sounds like 427 & 428 are impacted?
Maybe, or a subset of VIN's in that range. You see recalls all the time where a VIN range of the same model and year is affected so it kind of makes sense if deliveries of units in a different range than ones people are reporting as impacted are still able to be delivered. Of course everything I am saying is pure conjecture and I have no inside info.

Reactions: SistaBigBones