Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 9/21 SoCal MXP, Black, Cream, Yoke, 20's EDD1: Nov - Dec 2023
EDD2: Nov 19 - Dec 31
EDD3: Nov 27 - Jan 1 (11/13)
EDD4: Dec 2-23
EDD5: Dec 4-25 (12/3)
EDD6: Dec 5-25 (12/5)
EDD7: Dec 6-25 (12/6)

EDD9: Dec 15-24 (12/9)
VIN (12/9)

Do we really know what the actual sequence of events is WHEN we are assigned a VIN?

1) Is our vehicle THEN scheduled to be built OR , AFTER our vehicle is built we receive that VIN?

2) AFTER vehicle is built are we assigned VIN once our vehicle is scheduled for transport to delivery center?

3) AFTER vehicle is built how long before it's put on truck going to our delivery center?

Does anyone else think about these things, or am I just being overly obsessed with too much time on my hands, and anxious for my delivery?
😂👌

Do we really know what the actual sequence of events is WHEN we are assigned a VIN?

1) Is our vehicle THEN scheduled to be built OR , AFTER our vehicle is built we receive that VIN?

2) AFTER vehicle is built are we assigned VIN once our vehicle is scheduled for transport to delivery center?

3) AFTER vehicle is built how long before it's put on truck going to our delivery center?

Does anyone else think about these things, or am I just being overly obsessed with too much time on my hands, and anxious for my delivery?
😂👌
traditionally VIN assigned to vehicles during production but again this is Tesla so who knows, but if I were to take a guess it would be somewhere between 1&2.

😂👌
Hmmm all good questions! Would be nice if Tesla could have an app like dominos or is it papa John’s pizza! You put your order in and you see a pizza being made with pepperoni and red onions and mushrooms. In my case a blue Tesla model x with 5 seats and a black interior and regular wheel…Then it tells you when it’s being made, it’s cooking in the oven, then when it’s done and ready to go, (and you get little alerts along the way) and when it’s in transport and you can track it to your house…. If the pizza folk can do it so can Tesla no?!

Hmmm all good questions! Would be nice if Tesla could have an app like dominos or is it papa John’s pizza! You put your order in and you see a pizza being made with pepperoni and red onions and mushrooms. In my case a blue Tesla model x with 5 seats and a black interior and regular wheel…Then it tells you when it’s being made, it’s cooking in the oven, then when it’s done and ready to go, (and you get little alerts along the way) and when it’s in transport and you can track it to your house…. If the pizza folk can do it so can Tesla no?!
A status report app. Now THERE"S an idea:cool:

Reactions: eeee-meeee

😂👌
My understanding is that for efficiency purposes, they build the various configurations in batches, and you get matched to one that’s scheduled to be built. The car was going to be built either way.