Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I need your help making a decision.

To sum it up, I "picked up" my new car on Jan 13th and noticed some small issues, including a paint problem on the inside of the door. They gave me two options: either reschedule for them to fix everything or take the car now and schedule a service later. Both options involve going to the body shop for the paint issue. I chose to have them fix the car first and then pick it up because I believe they'll take better care of it before selling.

Today, the car is back to the service center and it's ready for me to pick up this Sat, they offered a $4859 price adjustment on the total down payment. The reason for this discount is that the car had damage and went through a third party for repairs. I'm happy about the discount, but I realized they removed my Free Unlimited Supercharging Transfer (FUSC). When I asked, they said FUSC can't overlap with the price adjustment, which I confirmed in the FAQs.

I tried talking to them to get both benefits (lol), but they insisted I could only choose one. Do you think this is legitimate?

My question is, if I can only choose one, which one should I go with? I plan to own the car for 6 years or within 65k miles, and I have 3 supercharging stations nearby. I usually use supercharging once a week and never paid for it before due to FUSC on my old car. Can you provide some advice and share your thoughts? Thank you in advance.
This is a tough one as I too have enjoyed FUSC since 2018. If the transfer offer is truly a one-time event, I see value in taking it over the discount…and keep the car for as long as I can. If it is not as the offer may come back in future quarters, I would take the discount…and transfer FUSC at a later time…assuming you still have the original car.

One of those red Xs could be mine! Delivery is in 12-17 days.
+1 Picking up mine at Fremont on 2/4. Just hope there are no issues 🤞

Tesla was giving hard time saying I'd to pick up within 3 days of VIN assignment, I called them to remind them that my OD was 11/27 and EDD changed million times, then apparently they made an "exception" to hold the car until 2/4. :rolleyes:

So I'd another disagreement with the delivery team. I'd used my self-referral to get 3 months of FSD trial and they claimed I'd get 10000 credits instead. When I called up service center, some smarty pant advisor said oh I can tell you you cant' self refer. What a joke! Then I spoke to the sales advisor who I'd originally worked with and he said the referral bonus depends on the quarter you take the delivery and not what it was when order was placed. Anyone know if thats true?

I need your help making a decision.

To sum it up, I "picked up" my new car on Jan 13th and noticed some small issues, including a paint problem on the inside of the door. They gave me two options: either reschedule for them to fix everything or take the car now and schedule a service later. Both options involve going to the body shop for the paint issue. I chose to have them fix the car first and then pick it up because I believe they'll take better care of it before selling.

Today, the car is back to the service center and it's ready for me to pick up this Sat, they offered a $4859 price adjustment on the total down payment. The reason for this discount is that the car had damage and went through a third party for repairs. I'm happy about the discount, but I realized they removed my Free Unlimited Supercharging Transfer (FUSC). When I asked, they said FUSC can't overlap with the price adjustment, which I confirmed in the FAQs.

I tried talking to them to get both benefits (lol), but they insisted I could only choose one. Do you think this is legitimate?

My question is, if I can only choose one, which one should I go with? I plan to own the car for 6 years or within 65k miles, and I have 3 supercharging stations nearby. I usually use supercharging once a week and never paid for it before due to FUSC on my old car. Can you provide some advice and share your thoughts? Thank you in advance.
Guys, thank you for everyone’s comments. I’d like to give you an update. I am supposed to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. The delivery advisor just called me and said they found another damage on the tailgate. Again!! I am 100% sure there wasn’t any damage on the tailgate. Then I asked if it's a new damage you guys found or if the body shop made it during the repair. He says he can’t confirm that.

I became a little mad and requested to reject the VIN and still let me do the FUSC transfer. He said he will request approval from headquarters and get back to me in a few days. I am very disappointed and frustrated at this point. I hope he can get the approval and just let me not deal with this car anymore.

Guys, thank you for everyone’s comments. I’d like to give you an update. I am supposed to pick up the car tomorrow afternoon. The delivery advisor just called me and said they found another damage on the tailgate. Again!! I am 100% sure there wasn’t any damage on the tailgate. Then I asked if it's a new damage you guys found or if the body shop made it during the repair. He says he can’t confirm that.

I became a little mad and requested to reject the VIN and still let me do the FUSC transfer. He said he will request approval from headquarters and get back to me in a few days. I am very disappointed and frustrated at this point. I hope he can get the approval and just let me not deal with this car anymore.

This is unacceptable and they need to do what’s right by you. With all the documentation of the ordeal and the various ways it fell short, they should be able to get HQ approval.

As a PSA, what’s the spec of this VIN, so those of us still waiting for a VIN match can also be aware?

Is this the screen folks got for EPA change earlier this month? My order was on hold then and I'm getting this now after removing hold.
Tesla advisor insists I must accept the higher price (paint option) or else order will be cancelled on Feb 8. :(

1706323659917.png

Reactions: MikeC and RyanC1384
Is this the screen folks got for EPA change earlier this month? My order was on hold then and I'm getting this now after removing hold.
Tesla advisor insists I must accept the higher price (paint option) or else order will be cancelled on Feb 8. :(

View attachment 1012623

So if you'd placed the order before the price went up last week and the order was NOT on hold, would they still be trying to change the price on you?

So if you'd placed the order before the price went up last week and the order was NOT on hold, would they still be trying to change the price on you?
Yes, Tesla honored the original price during EPA change a few weeks ago for orders not on hold. But they aren't doing the same now per my advisor. To me, it's like: "Sorry you waited 3 months, but we've increased the price; so, pay up or forfeit it all."