Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'd another disagreement with the delivery team. I'd used my self-referral to get 3 months of FSD trial and they claimed I'd get 10000 credits instead. When I called up service center, some smarty pant advisor said oh I can tell you you cant' self refer. What a joke! Then I spoke to the sales advisor who I'd originally worked with and he said the referral bonus depends on the quarter you take the delivery and not what it was when order was placed. Anyone know if thats true?
Yeah, you can't self-refer..I ended up referring my wife when we bought our Y recently to get 3 months FSD and 6 months of Super Charging. My X order will only get 10k points..

I spoke to someone on the phone who said I should accept the changes even with the increased price and they’ll adjust on the backend. I’m scared to do that tho and not confident they’ll actually fix my price.
I think someone in the earlier post said the same, it showed increased price but it was adjusted to reflect the price before they start charging for the color plus POS credit at the time of delivery.

New update, delivery on Tuesday, finally;

MX UltraRed Tax Edition, north of Houston area
10/26: Order Date
EDD1: Nov-Dec
EDD2: Dec-Jan
EDD3: Jan-Feb
11/8 EDD4: 1/7-3/3
11/22 EDD5: 1/5-2/16
11/27 EDD6: 1/20-3/16
12/2 EDD7: 1/6-2/17
1/5 Update design issue failed
1/6 Update design issue failed
1/7 Update design issue failed
1/8 Tesla manual accept design change
1/8 EDD8: 1/26-3/1
1/21 VIN Assigned RF433...
1/21 EDD8: 2/3 - 2/10
1/26: Delivery scheduled for 1/31

I also got the 1000 credit for having a CT on order since before the 20Nov delivery event. Use the messaging button in the app to correspond - responses can take a day or even 2 but it works. I'll post pics after delivery.

Got a VIN (RF435xxx) assigned today for a Stealth Grey. Ordered 10/29. EDD had been showing 1/26 to 3/1 for weeks before today.

Probably will end up canceling it but I wanted to provide the datapoint. Been debating between the X and a Rivian (with preorder pricing).

So far, I've texted the advisor, stopped by another SC and called with no immediate solution. Phone rep opened a case for me and said to expect a response next week.
The price adjustment case was denied. Tesla's final stance is to accept the higher price or wait for cancellation.

My bank actually funded the loan prior to my order hold, and I've been incurring interest. Terrible situation all around.

I don't think this is a good precedence to allow. It basically allows Tesla to release any feature update, raise price and force existing orders to accept higher price since "the ordered configuration is no longer produced." Time to call a lawyer to see if I can recover my lost loan interest.

Last edited:
What number did you contact or SC did you go to? I’m in this bind right now.
I called the 1888 number but if you go back to the thread you’ll see that as time went on, I and a few others, did not get their initial resolution offered above. Basically Tesla went back and told us that a ticket was created and it’s being reviewed and we actually have to accept the reconfiguration or cancel the order.

The price adjustment case was denied. Tesla's final stance is to accept the higher price or wait for cancellation.

My bank actually funded the loan prior to my order hold, and I've been incurring interest. Terrible situation all around.

I don't think this is a good precedence to allow. It basically allows Tesla to release any feature update, raise price and force existing orders to accept higher price since "the ordered configuration is no longer produced." Time to call a lawyer to see if I can recover my lost loan interest.
Tesla is not going to back down on that. Are you just going to get the gray color to keep your order? You should not have that much interest if they just fund prior to your 2 week hold, and in most cases if you pay your loan back with in 30 days you don’t get charge any interest.

Am I missing something here? I know you get the loyalty credit if you already own a tesla product.

Tesla is not going to back down on that. Are you just going to get the gray color to keep your order? You should not have that much interest if they just fund prior to your 2 week hold, and in most cases if you pay your loan back with in 30 days you don’t get charge any interest.
I might just accept the higher price since I need the car, but I will also try to go after Tesla for this (IMO) unfair business practice, i.e. using EPA as an excuse to hike a previously agreed price we paid deposit on. I just emailed my attorney and will be filing a complaint with WA state consumer protection agency.

Reactions: sorka