Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just inquired on transferring FSD from my model S to X on order eith Tesla. They sent me a transfer agreement to complete and email ut back. I do have $1000 cyber truck pre-order discount currently on my X order. Does any know if I still get the cubertruck discount or do I loose it with the FSD transfer?

Just inquired on transferring FSD from my model S to X on order eith Tesla. They sent me a transfer agreement to complete and email ut back. I do have $1000 cyber truck pre-order discount currently on my X order. Does any know if I still get the cubertruck discount or do I loose it with the FSD transfer?
It’s still valid an incentive…and stackable.

Been lurking since I placed my order on 11/25/23 but I've finally been assigned a VIN. I just have to upload proof of insurance and then the app is asking me to make my full payment. As of now, the EDD is showing Feb 13th - Feb 20th. So no specific delivery date. I've read online a bunch that you don't have to pay in advance in order to have a delivery date set. It's obviously recommended to see the car first before making any payment.

My question is, since I still only see a week long EDD right now, will that get narrowed down to a specific date once I upload my proof of insurance? Or will they not set one until they receive my final payment?
I have uploaded the insurance and I am still showing the week long EDD. I believe you will be given the option to choose the delivery date soon, within a day or two.

Been lurking since I placed my order on 11/25/23 but I've finally been assigned a VIN. I just have to upload proof of insurance and then the app is asking me to make my full payment. As of now, the EDD is showing Feb 13th - Feb 20th. So no specific delivery date. I've read online a bunch that you don't have to pay in advance in order to have a delivery date set. It's obviously recommended to see the car first before making any payment.

My question is, since I still only see a week long EDD right now, will that get narrowed down to a specific date once I upload my proof of insurance? Or will they not set one until they receive my final payment?
You don’t need to pay before getting a delivery date. I just got my VIN Saturday and I uploaded insurance. EDD is 2/16-19 and they haven’t asked for payment. I indicated cash payment with a trade.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
I have uploaded the insurance and I am still showing the week long EDD. I believe you will be given the option to choose the delivery date soon, within a day or two.
Good to know, thanks for the response! I think our MX are gonna be twins lol. I got the exact same spec as you and placed my order maybe 3 days after. So cool to see both of us get assigned our VIN's so close to one another.
You don’t need to pay before getting a delivery date. I just got my VIN Saturday and I uploaded insurance. EDD is 2/16-19 and they haven’t asked for payment. I indicated cash payment with a trade.
Awesome! I have a Model 3 that I bought back in 2019. But at this point I barely remember the details of the delivery so glad to get your guys' more recent experiences.

Reactions: csrpenfab

Yes don't pay a single dime until you get to physically inspect the car. Use the messaging feature within the app to tell them the time that works for you. The way I got them to give a quick date was by showing my insurance started on a certain date among other deadlines that I said I'd. Once I left a message in app usually someone would reach out via text message outside the app (mostly the delivery advisor from the pickup loc) to plan the delivery. They will try to tell you to finish rest of the steps for delivery to expedite including payment, simply say I'll be doing cashier check even if you decide to wire transfer after you have inspected the car. 😂

After getting a VIN on Saturday and uploading current insurance, I finally got the message to schedule delivery just now. I'll be picking her up Friday 2/19 at 3pm here in Boise. Cash deal with trade of MYP and no payment was requested. Like before, I'll have a cashier's check in hand to deliver following inspection.

Reactions: ChiefRollo
I have a couple quick questions.

First is I was wondering if I'd be able to transfer my existing Model 3's Full Self Driving package to the Model X without having to place a whole new order?

And if so, would my Model 3 retain basic autopilot? At the time I bought the Model 3, basic autopilot did not come standard so I wonder what autopilot capability would be left on the Model 3 if Full self driving was removed.

Also as additional info, I'm not selling or trading in my Model 3

I have a couple quick questions.

First is I was wondering if I'd be able to transfer my existing Model 3's Full Self Driving package to the Model X without having to place a whole new order?

And if so, would my Model 3 retain basic autopilot? At the time I bought the Model 3, basic autopilot did not come standard so I wonder what autopilot capability would be left on the Model 3 if Full self driving was removed.

Also as additional info, I'm not selling or trading in my Model 3
Just to close the loop on this in case anyone else was also wondering. Tesla got back to me with my question.

They're able to transfer FSD without needing a brand new order being placed. Which is good. But my 2019 Model 3 would revert back to standard configuration, meaning I would lose all autopilot and only have TACC (traffic aware cruise control) so no lane keeping. This is because in 2019 when I bought the car basic autopilot was not standard.

Like I sad before, and if you did a little research or knew anything about Elon you would know that my avatar pic is from a global event that he spoke at and was making smart ass comments when this pic was taken. This pic is in no way is making fun or ridiculing him. This pic is used by many when referring to Elon and his comments. So before you make slanderous accusations about people I would suggest you do some research.
Wonder what people think about my Avatar lol

Ok, so I only read a few pages, not going to read 300, so sorry if it was already discussed. But what are the chances of the 6 seater dropping under 80k? That's what I really really want but the thought of loosing the point of sale tax credit sucks!!

Ok, so I only read a few pages, not going to read 300, so sorry if it was already discussed. But what are the chances of the 6 seater dropping under 80k? That's what I really really want but the thought of loosing the point of sale tax credit sucks!!
Slim to none. I highly doubt they'd drop the $6500 option cost of a 6 seater to get under the tax rebate cap.

Reactions: RyanC1384
Good to know, thanks for the response! I think our MX are gonna be twins lol. I got the exact same spec as you and placed my order maybe 3 days after. So cool to see both of us get assigned our VIN's so close to one another.

Awesome! I have a Model 3 that I bought back in 2019. But at this point I barely remember the details of the delivery so glad to get your guys' more recent experiences.
Just to follow up, I received the message to schedule delivery today around 2:30 PM. Delivery scheduled for 2/15/2024, about one week short of a three month wait from my order date.

Just to follow up, I received the message to schedule delivery today around 2:30 PM. Delivery scheduled for 2/15/2024, about one week short of a three month wait from my order date.
Hey same! They gave me 15th, 16th, and 17th as options for pick up. But before I could select in the app a service advisor called me saying 17th would be best as it would give them time to complete their internal inspection. So Sat pick up it is, cheers!
14 weeks here and the nearest SC is 215 miles away. Sucks to live in the boonies for things like this.
Ooof that's rough and pretty crazy how far it is. In comparison my SC that I'm picking up from is about a mile away. But I live smack in the middle of the bay area.

Reactions: Jayskywalker21