Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have a Tax credit reservation that I’m going to cancel, I ordered before test driving and I’m just going to stick with my M3P until my cyber truck or new M3P is released. Wondering if anyone is interested in the reservation. Expected delivery 2/25-3/31, Bay Area , Stealth Grey basic spec.

For those of you thinking Tesla is the only maker with problematic build quality:

Mercedes SUV Build Quality

Yea, I know. Tesla more consistently has build issues but I would expect more from a premium German brand with premium German prices.

Parked next to a newer BMW yesterday and the doors were badly misaligned as well.

Maybe they learned from Tesla that less is more ;)

Reactions: davenlei
I cant for the life of me figure out why anyone would choose MyQ integration over using the built-in homelink. FWIW, MyQ is a paid service, you dont get it for free because you have the app on your phone.
On the 3 and Y it's cheaper to subscribe to MYQ rather than install the homelink module assuming you keep the car for 5 years
Not only that, the auto open and close is aware of your garage status so if you pull up in your driveway and the garage is already open, it's not going to close it on your kids.

Reactions: csrpenfab
On the 3 and Y it's cheaper to subscribe to MYQ rather than install the homelink module assuming you keep the car for 5 years
Not only that, the auto open and close is aware of your garage status so if you pull up in your driveway and the garage is already open, it's not going to close it on your kids.
Yeah but we're not talking about a 3/Y here, we're talking about an X, which comes with Homelink from the factory. Also, I'd have to imagine its a relatively rare use case where people are using these out of line of sight.

What changed your mind about it after test driving it?
Honestly it felt like driving a minivan. Fit and finish I was impressed with, but I did not like the seating position, back window visibility was not great, and the new steering wheel blocks the driver display.

If I’m going to get an SUV/Truck I prefer a more traditional driving experience.

I would rather spend the money on the model S over the X. Just my preference. It is a very impressive car just not for me.

Reactions: dn325ci
Honestly it felt like driving a minivan. Fit and finish I was impressed with, but I did not like the seating position, back window visibility was not great, and the new steering wheel blocks the driver display.

If I’m going to get an SUV/Truck I prefer a more traditional driving experience.

I would rather spend the money on the model S over the X. Just my preference. It is a very impressive car just not for me.
It definitely is a bigger car feel than a Model Y. Rear view visibility is about the same as a Y. Having both a Y and an X, I love the air suspension and extra room in the X but do miss the 'sportiness' of the Y's suspension sometimes.
If I wanted an overall great car with budget in mind, I don't think you can go wrong with a model Y. If you want all that but with a little less sport suspension but more space and luxury (with more cost), the X checks off all those boxes for me.

Have not driven the Cybertruck yet (missed an opportunity when my neighbors son brought his over) but hoping it floats my boat when I eventually get to test drive one. If not, then Rivian will likely get my money......

Reactions: Marcavelli650
How long did they take to adjust the price back? I don’t know why my advisor keeps saying they may not be able to do it for me. Do you think you can share a screenshot of text messages that I can show him it happened in another case? Also, did they adjust the price at the delivery or before? Thank you in advance.
So sorry for the delay! See attached. Hope it helps

Attachments

• IMG_0123.jpeg
    IMG_0123.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0124.jpeg
    IMG_0124.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: dn325ci