Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries to Denver, December 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got an e-mail confirmation that the car is in Littleton, scheduled for delivery on Thursday. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
Picked mine up! Took an hour and a half. Waiting forever, then 5 minutes to sign papers, then waiting forever because it's being detailed, then like 10 minutes for orientation. Then sitting in the car forever psyched and not ready to drive this thing yet!

0-60 in 3.2 is... quite something! I can't even imagine the P100D going 2.4s. It's ludicrous!

• Funny
Reactions: Type 5 and Zaxxon
Yes....or no :)

I never got any contacts about delivery, keep checking your account. Took me a couple of days before VIN went from source code to getting a delivery date.

My VIN was in the source code for a couple of days, the SA called to inform about that she had my VIN = I just grinned to myself.
There are no updates on my Account and the source code does indicates "null" so far.
They swear they are delivering tons of cars before the new year.
Fingers crossed for me and everyone else....

I also just got my text for delivery. Scheduled for Friday, December 20th, 1:00 pm.
The text said it is enroute - my Tesla Account page has not changed at all.
I have to run up to Flatirons Mall with my wife - then it looks like I should get serious about converting my 2016 Pilot to cash!
Pretty happy and a little anxious!

These are my communication prefs, don't think they're the issue

IkUBRzF.png

• Funny
Reactions: daytonadweller
I ordered a Model 3 white interior / black interior LR AWD 18in on 10/31/19. Just got the VIN within the last hour (via source code, it's not posted to my account yet). Now I feel much better about tomorrow's installation of the EV charger in my garage!

Excited for everyone who's ordered new Teslas!

I'm a little surprised, not complaining, about the your car is enroute and will be here is 48 hours.
In the five hours since notification I arranged a buyer for my car but with a little more forewarning, I could have done better - I think.
Canceled the insurance on the Pilot and added the M3P - but they can't get proof to me until the Friday - my pick up day.
Tomorrow, l'll deposit funds from the Pilot sale - the sellers bank said my bank will not have to hold the funds to clear - I am sure nothing can go wrong with that assurance!
Again, happy it's scheduled for delivery bu also wish there was a little more notice to prepare.
I did get the wall charger installed so I'm thinking this weekend I'll CHARGE, drive, CHARGE, drive ect!

Reactions: Zaxxon
I just got back from my delivery. It went very smoothly. As near as I can tell, there are no issues at all with the car. It looks great. I had to come back to work (sad panda) so I only got to put 20 miles on the car. I have the stealth and haven't been able to floor it yet. However, just getting on it a little is crazy. It pulls like nobody's business.

The following comments are about the Tesla experience (the company, not the car). I've decided the best way to describe the Tesla experience is through an airline analogy. Before they went bankrupt I used to fly United all the time. My corporate account often got me into first class and the United Lounge at airports. It was very comfortable. Then Southwest came on the scene. They were viewed as the cattle car. Eventually, however, people began to figure out that Southwest was actually doing business in a very different way. Their people were almost always friendly and you got to your destination on time with very little hassle. United, on the other hand, was frequently delayed and it felt like you were being treated like you were at the post office. My perception of what was "nice" was shifted by Southwest. These days, I only fly airlines other than Southwest if there is no other choice.

If you go into the Tesla experience expecting to be treated like you walked into a Jaguar, Mercedes, or BMW dealership (ala United) you will be surprised. Tesla is bare-bones like Southwest. Tesla is trying to shift our expectations of what a car buying experience should be. For me, it worked wonderfully. There are still a lot of rough edges (delays, miscommunication, etc) but the guts of what they are trying to do seems to be in place. If the car turns out to also be a great experience then I'll gladly do this all again for our next vehicle.

Question for those of you financing NOT with Tesla --- did Tesla send you or your bank a purchase agreement and application for title prior to delivery? My bank requires it, but as we all know, getting quick turnaround from Tesla is not exactly their specialty. My delivery is scheduled for Saturday afternoon. We've requested the documents but no word yet. Just curious if anyone else had to gather these documents prior to delivery as well and how you went about getting them?