Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deliveries to Denver, December 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I will
If you have current insurance on a car, insurance companies seem to have a provision that you are covered on a new car as long as you inform them of the VIN etc with in a short period of days of picking up. I believe State Farm gave us 5 days but people should check with their insurer. We sold my car to Carmax I think the week before and made do with our other car. I did call my agent as soon as I picked up however...didn’t want to forget in the excitement of driving my new car. :D

BTW the evidence of insurance we provided to Tesla (had to send a photo of my current insurance card) was all they needed from us to show I was an insured driver in good standing with coverage. They can’t release a car to someone without car insurance. BTW if you sell your car ahead of time talk to your agent how to handle this. You don’t want to “cancel” your coverage completely. I forgot what exactly our agent set up but she made sure I still had insurance, but knew we had sold my car while waiting for delivery of the new one.
Yeah, I will insure It the second I have the vin. We are with Progressive, at least until I shop around before our renewal in April. So I can get it at anytime of the day. The wife's Subaru (its her M3) going to son, so even that taken care of.

Reactions: Type 5
I’m picking up my model 3 tomorrow (Monday the 23rd) at 11am! Super excited :)

The initial dates offered in the text that I got on the 20th were for the 27th or 28th when I’m out of town, so I called the Cherry Creek store and they rescheduled me for tomorrow.

I also appreciate that the Cherry Creek store called me yesterday to confirm everything (insurance, payment) to ensure a smooth delivery day. Hopefully that is happening for everyone!

Question for you all - I’m not very car savvy, so when I “inspect” the car at pickup what should I look for?? Or if there’s an existing thread/post, please post the link!

Reactions: Type 5
I’m picking up my model 3 tomorrow (Monday the 23rd) at 11am! Super excited :)

The initial dates offered in the text that I got on the 20th were for the 27th or 28th when I’m out of town, so I called the Cherry Creek store and they rescheduled me for tomorrow.

I also appreciate that the Cherry Creek store called me yesterday to confirm everything (insurance, payment) to ensure a smooth delivery day. Hopefully that is happening for everyone!

Question for you all - I’m not very car savvy, so when I “inspect” the car at pickup what should I look for?? Or if there’s an existing thread/post, please post the link!
People need to relax with the inspection hype. If there are no dents or scratches you are good to go. This isn’t the first M3’s coming off the line like years back. Enjoy the car, it will be the best one you will ever own.

People need to relax with the inspection hype. If there are no dents or scratches you are good to go. This isn’t the first M3’s coming off the line like years back. Enjoy the car, it will be the best one you will ever own.

Matches my thoughts. Look the car over. Absolutely make sure you don't find any obvious issues. But I don't recommend coming with a multi-page checklist as some are wont to do. If you do that, you will manage to find some miniscule imperfection and then you'll focus on it.

Instead, just enjoy an awesome car.

From the FWIW department, in the orientations I helped with, I spotted zero issues. This is a marked change from when I last assisted in 2018. Tesla really does seem to be improving their production QC. In my anecdotal opinion, at least.

If you have current insurance on a car, insurance companies seem to have a provision that you are covered on a new car as long as you inform them of the VIN etc with in a short period of days of picking up. I believe State Farm gave us 5 days but people should check with their insurer. We sold my car to Carmax I think the week before and made do with our other car. I did call my agent as soon as I picked up however...didn’t want to forget in the excitement of driving my new car. :D

BTW the evidence of insurance we provided to Tesla (had to send a photo of my current insurance card) was all they needed from us to show I was an insured driver in good standing with coverage. They can’t release a car to someone without car insurance. BTW if you sell your car ahead of time talk to your agent how to handle this. You don’t want to “cancel” your coverage completely. I forgot what exactly our agent set up but she made sure I still had insurance, but knew we had sold my car while waiting for delivery of the new one.

While this maybe true in CA, it is not true in Colorado. Tesla specifically states that proof of insurance by VIN must be given before delivery is allowed - this is true of some other states too - not sure which.
I just went through the delivery process in Denver, prior to this experience I never had VIN specific insurance before driving off a dealer's lot with a new car. I made a purchase in February 2019 of a Honda and the purchase of the Tesla was three days ago. Perhaps there has been a law change?

• Informative
Reactions: SMAlset
Matches my thoughts. Look the car over. Absolutely make sure you don't find any obvious issues. But I don't recommend coming with a multi-page checklist as some are wont to do. If you do that, you will manage to find some miniscule imperfection and then you'll focus on it.

Instead, just enjoy an awesome car.

From the FWIW department, in the orientations I helped with, I spotted zero issues. This is a marked change from when I last assisted in 2018. Tesla really does seem to be improving their production QC. In my anecdotal opinion, at least.

Thank you for the replies! I'd been driving the same car since college (2006 Jeep with duct tape & super glue holding some things together), so I just wanted to make sure there weren't any obvious things I should look for. My friend's an engineer at Tesla & said all the same things you guys did :) While I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to my car CD player, I'm super excited - and have already waved hi to a few Teslas on the road.

My delivery was really easy! Appointment at 11am (I was a few minutes late), waited a few minutes then went to a check-in spot to sign papers. The guy who oriented me to the car was new, but even then I was done by 11:45am. They told me 120 deliveries today (store actually did not seem busy), and apparently they've already exceeded expected sales for Q1.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting delivery!

Reactions: SMAlset and Type 5
Thank you for the replies! I'd been driving the same car since college (2006 Jeep with duct tape & super glue holding some things together), so I just wanted to make sure there weren't any obvious things I should look for. My friend's an engineer at Tesla & said all the same things you guys did :) While I'm a bit sad to say goodbye to my car CD player, I'm super excited - and have already waved hi to a few Teslas on the road.

My delivery was really easy! Appointment at 11am (I was a few minutes late), waited a few minutes then went to a check-in spot to sign papers. The guy who oriented me to the car was new, but even then I was done by 11:45am. They told me 120 deliveries today (store actually did not seem busy), and apparently they've already exceeded expected sales for Q1.

Good luck to everyone still awaiting delivery!

Glad to hear yours went well. I was there doing orientations during your pickup, but don't think I spoke to you.

You'll get over the CD player quickly. :)

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset and Type 5
Was right on time for our pickup at 10am had everything signed, then the store manager came by and said our screen had fried while they were trying to update the car. They said they were going to replace it and give us a call today when it's ready... Still waiting for that call!

He said he's seen a 1000 and this was the first issue of our kind, makes us a bit nervous!

Update on our delivery. We called a few hours later and sure enough they said it was ready (note to self, don't wait for updates from shop).

They fixed the screen a couple hours later and we drove the car home.

Unfortunately it was dark by inspection time. Only found a few panel gaps. The person said we have 72 hours to add photos to our account in terms of delivery repairs and such. Going to get a better look tomorrow and but the SA to attach to our account.

Otherwise love it so far. AP on the way home was bonkers. Cheers all. It has been a stressful time getting this car but we finally got it. Merry Christmas

Reactions: Type 5 and SMAlset
I’m super excited, my delivery day is tomorrow. Just in time for Christmas. I hope it goes smoothly and quickly!
I called the delivery center in Littleton and rescheduled to pick the car up last night. It took a little over an hour to get out the door, mostly waiting time. The car is perfect with only 3 miles! Brought it home and put a bow on it. Then Updated to FSD today, now time to put on some calibrating miles in the 60 degree weather!

Attachments

• 6EA6F10A-AE39-4AA5-AF05-9946EAF45818.jpeg
    6EA6F10A-AE39-4AA5-AF05-9946EAF45818.jpeg
    650.4 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: SMAlset and Zaxxon