Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Date Range for Canadian Production cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the Build my model S number, and was told:

- No VIN yet (car not in production, I guess).

- Delivery window March 2-16, 2013 (not sure what this is worth, also had the March / April note on my MVPA).

- They are not ready yet to activate my 'Delivery' button...

Back to waiting... I'll check again with them in a couple of weeks if I do not get any news.

Aside from the color, I have a very similar config to Zax's (Dolphin Grey Perf 85, CF, CF spoiler, grey 21', pano, tech, audio, twin chargers, paint armor, rear facing seats).

Jeeps17

My guy wasn't even that specific! He said nothing more that Mar/Apr.

I am hoping for march as if I get it in April I pay more taxes and loose a $5000 tax credit for BC. Total damage around $7800! If I am on that same build window it would be great for me!

My spec is the 85kw, non perf, silver, loaded otherwise.

I was also on hold for 25 minutes ( or so the robot lady voice said ) which I haven't had when calling them in the past.

Jeeps,
I was told a very similar story. First 2 weeks of March delivery window, but can't quite activate my delivery button just yet. But I should be able to very very soon. She told me to watch for it because something on her screen said it was close.

Milotron,
She also volunteered to me, since I am in BC, that they were very much aware of the incentive deadline of March 31St, and were trying to figure out how to help us out & how to get the cars here that are in the window. One thing is that as long as we have a VIN, they can get the paperwork out to include the rebate & ensure the funds are allocated before the deadline. The key is to get a VIN.

Morris; with any luck I will be picking up from Powell St. the same time as you!. I have been working with Tesla on a potential trade and he said that 'paper sales' are pretty common to get things done in time. So long as the VIN exists, like you stated, they can complete the sales paperwork for financing or otherwise.

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know if the Ontario EV Rebate has any known end date or whether there is a limit on the number of rebates that will be given? I saw no mention about it on the website so assumed guys in Ontario getting the car in march/april timeframe should be ok.

Regards,
Raza

I'm still trying to figure out why some with higher reservation numbers are getting their VINs (and likely cars) earlier than lower reservation number holders...and if it is batching...who does it work. When I spoke with Tesla today they commented on 'orphan' cars that were a result of orders that were unable to finance, or they just cancelled after finalizing...and that 'orphans' are then matched to upcoming configurations...some which have higher reservation numbers. So, this could explain the seemingly on-going jumps in line. However, what's interesting as it would appear that there are a lot of orphans out there.

End of my journey signing pre-MPVAs, TM reverted back to the first contract I signed on Jan 17th instead of me signing a third one... and still shows March/April. My Tesla page is showing "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S" from "Your paperwork is being countersigned". Not sure if that story will have cost me a couple of weeks in the delivery schedule. Mid-March would be good, end of March/early April perfect, more than that, I will be calling everyday :)

I called the Build my model S number, and was told:

- No VIN yet (car not in production, I guess).

- Delivery window March 2-16, 2013 (not sure what this is worth, also had the March / April note on my MVPA).

- They are not ready yet to activate my 'Delivery' button...

Back to waiting... I'll check again with them in a couple of weeks if I do not get any news.

Aside from the color, I have a very similar config to Zax's (Dolphin Grey Perf 85, CF, CF spoiler, grey 21', pano, tech, audio, twin chargers, paint armor, rear facing seats).

Hey Jeeps,

Sounds like they are going to be delivering a big batch of cars to Montreal around the 2nd to 16th... I'm sure we'll get our cars are the same time... you are, after all, several reservation numbers behind me.

I LOVE the Dolphin Grey. One member took some AMAZING pictures of his car. I would really like to see your car in person sometime. Hopefully we can arrange a Montreal meet in the summer when cars are looking sexy. :)

Rob

Hey Jeeps,

Sounds like they are going to be delivering a big batch of cars to Montreal around the 2nd to 16th... I'm sure we'll get our cars are the same time... you are, after all, several reservation numbers behind me.

I LOVE the Dolphin Grey. One member took some AMAZING pictures of his car. I would really like to see your car in person sometime. Hopefully we can arrange a Montreal meet in the summer when cars are looking sexy. :)

Rob

I thought we already had a date at Orange Julep ? :biggrin:

Am curious, are you guys referring to the Classic Car Wednesdays at the Orange Julep off of the Decarie? If you go we could maybe arrange it for a bunch of the Montreal Model Ss to be there at the same time. Would we be crashing the party or would we be welcomed by the gearheads?

Back in my time, it was modified Civics and stuff that were visiting. I had a pimped out Acura TL I'd bring. So dunno if it's Wednesdays or what... I'm too old to have kept track. :)

Hey Jeeps,

Rob

I hope that these dates are legit (although April would have been good too, I would like to avoid having to buy winter wheels / tires this year). Time will tell... but I am not holding my breath.

I hesitated a lot between the silver and grey, tough call, but to my eye the darker colors look better with the black nose cone... Very subjective, of course!

So my fellow Quebecers... how many amps do you have coming into your houses? I have 200 amps but I heat with electricity, then I have a spa that runs year long, and an induction stove, oven, AC in summer, pool heater, etc.I've found an electrician who will put in 400 amps for $3000, all in. Should I do it? I'm getting the hpwc, so that's 80 amps right there.

Zax123, I have a friend that is an electrician. I sent him pictures of my electric panel and found that I had 2 x 200amp = 400A electric entry. so I am good and I am re-using the pool electric heater 100A cabling to feed my NEMA 14-50 plug in the garage (quote of 900 tx in).

I am the same as you:

Central electric furnace + heat pump for a 3 floors + basement house
Inground pool + electric heater and for the rest I have normal 4 people family requirements
and he calculated 212 A of load which would suggesta 200 A panel is limit, the worst that can happen is that the breaker opens but quite inconvenient.

And unfortunately we don't have the certainty that the RoulezElectrique program will pay for a thousand of your cost.

There are threads about installation costs and you could get some good advice there.

Cost to have electrician install HPWC? | Forums | Tesla Motors
Approximate cost to install a 220 outlet | Forums | Tesla Motors