Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Day and Comfort Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my MYLR with 20" wheels this morning. Having never owned a Tesla before I was more than a little concerned about delivery issues / body panels not lining up, etc. Also the major concern I had when purchasing the car was that I test drove my friend's 2020 MYLR and the ride was extremely stiff / bumpy, I hated his suspension.

This week I received the $3,750 rebate for December delivery (I didn't ask for it, it just popped into my account and I was more than a little happy about it). This meant that I was also much less likely to not accept the car if it had any defects since I would be risking the rebate.

About 10 seconds into going over the car during delivery my brain decided "any flaws do not matter, the car is ridiculous." I still went over it checking for scratches, panels not aligned, etc. and found nothing wrong, so far car appears to be built perfectly and drives perfectly.

Pre-delivery I confirmed the car was built with the new Comfort Suspension. I can confirm the suspension is nothing like the prior model year I test drove, the car rides extremely smooth, even with the larger wheels. Suspension was my one hesitation and I am very relieved at how smooth the ride is.

I'm writing this review because all the previous reviews I read seemed to describe some problem / issue with the car during delivery, which makes sense to me because talking about things working fine is generally boring. However I just wanted to put it out there for any worriers that are awaiting delivery that things may go fine. Better than fine actually. Good luck.

F0F28E8E-2AD6-4A96-9C48-2A052C55FA4F.jpeg

I just picked up my MYLR with 20" wheels this morning. Having never owned a Tesla before I was more than a little concerned about delivery issues / body panels not lining up, etc. Also the major concern I had when purchasing the car was that I test drove my friend's 2020 MYLR and the ride was extremely stiff / bumpy, I hated his suspension.

This week I received the $3,750 rebate for December delivery (I didn't ask for it, it just popped into my account and I was more than a little happy about it). This meant that I was also much less likely to not accept the car if it had any defects since I would be risking the rebate.

About 10 seconds into going over the car during delivery my brain decided "any flaws do not matter, the car is ridiculous." I still went over it checking for scratches, panels not aligned, etc. and found nothing wrong, so far car appears to be built perfectly and drives perfectly.

Pre-delivery I confirmed the car was built with the new Comfort Suspension. I can confirm the suspension is nothing like the prior model year I test drove, the car rides extremely smooth, even with the larger wheels. Suspension was my one hesitation and I am very relieved at how smooth the ride is.

I'm writing this review because all the previous reviews I read seemed to describe some problem / issue with the car during delivery, which makes sense to me because talking about things working fine is generally boring. However I just wanted to put it out there for any worriers that are awaiting delivery that things may go fine. Better than fine actually. Good luck.
Congrats. Yeah, reading the forum is typically the Last suggestion I make to new buyers. They are driven to assume the worst when in reality it’s a rather pleasant experience. I have had no issues and would do it again without worry.

Good for you! Tendency is for people to post just to complain so always nice to get a positive review. I have one of those 2020 suspensions and am glad they've been toned down a bit for new deliveries - enjoy!

Good outlook. Congrats on the new car!

How do you know it was built with the new comfort suspension? How does one tell the difference?

Reactions: Happy Hippo
How do you know it was built with the new comfort suspension? How does one tell the difference?
After I received the VIN I texted the SA and asked. The first answer was a vague "it was built with the latest improvements" so I asked for a specific answer and they replied "the vehicle was built with the new comfort suspension."

I don't know how'd you tell the difference other than feel. I'm sure it's possible to check part numbers but that's beyond my ability.

After I received the VIN I texted the SA and asked. The first answer was a vague "it was built with the latest improvements" so I asked for a specific answer and they replied "the vehicle was built with the new comfort suspension."

I don't know how'd you tell the difference other than feel. I'm sure it's possible to check part numbers but that's beyond my ability.
I guess we’ll have to go what the SA said then as it would be impossible to tell the difference by just a mere test drive.

Maybe if you’ve owned older Y with old suspension for a few months/years.

View attachment 881367
Awesome!

Took delivery of our MYLR on 24-Aug-2022 and ours was as perfect as you describe. Still very happy with ours. Actually, we have grown more impressed the more we drive it.

Kind of sad negative reviews are more popular than good ones.

I guess we’ll have to go what the SA said then as it would be impossible to tell the difference by just a mere test drive.

Maybe if you’ve owned older Y with old suspension for a few months/years.
We had an OG, 2020 model y - we sold that and got a 2022 MY - the difference is very noticeable. Besides adding more weather-stripping around the doors, double pane glass, fixing the windshield wiper/cleaning issue (the bottom 1/3 on the drivers side didn't get the cleaner spray on it, very bad in the winter), and assorted other improvements - the ride is noticeably better, and we get significantly more range, too (for whatever reason).

As with all new Teslas - I would recommend an alignment.

Reactions: greatauror28

View attachment 881367
I just picked up my MYP this weekend. Same as you I did not find any issues with the car. Everything was in good working order. The only disappointment so far was the lack of the USS in the front. I paid for enhanced autopilot and can’t use half of the features.

Really enjoying it but can’t wait for the software updates to enable the rest of the features I paid for.

Hello from Holland. I drive a Q4 2021 MiC Model Y LR with 20” Inductions and Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV 255/45 R20. The higher sidewall I have is for a little more comfort but it’s frustrating to read that Tesla now equipped the MY LR with comfort suspension whereas there is no aftermarket solution for those tens of thousands MY’s with the old and definitely not so comfortable suspension. Anyone has contact with Elon so we can ask him….? He can’t ignore a request from so many people I guess. All Tesla forums are full of complaints about this suspension. Lowering tire pressure and going for higher sidewall is of course a bit ridiculous let’s be honest. I still have to drive 4 years in my MY as it’s a company lease car. Any ideas, suggestions are welcome 🙏. Have a great day 😊

Hello from Holland. I drive a Q4 2021 MiC Model Y LR with 20” Inductions and Michelin CrossClimate 2 SUV 255/45 R20. The higher sidewall I have is for a little more comfort but it’s frustrating to read that Tesla now equipped the MY LR with comfort suspension whereas there is no aftermarket solution for those tens of thousands MY’s with the old and definitely not so comfortable suspension. Anyone has contact with Elon so we can ask him….? He can’t ignore a request from so many people I guess. All Tesla forums are full of complaints about this suspension. Lowering tire pressure and going for higher sidewall is of course a bit ridiculous let’s be honest. I still have to drive 4 years in my MY as it’s a company lease car. Any ideas, suggestions are welcome 🙏. Have a great day 😊
Sure let me send you his cell number….. Never had an issue. And why would you want to do a suspension change on a Leased car lol.

View attachment 881367

I just received an email stating that my VIN has been assigned. Aren't I supposed to have a SA assigned as well, so that I can contact them if I had any questions? Is your 10th digit of your VIN a P? It's supposed to be the model year, with N being 2022. Mine is P, so I'm guessing they skipped O for 2023.

I never really thought the suspension on my 2021 MYLR was bad, fine by me! I'm glad you're stoked and enjoy the new car!
I have a 21 MYLR and the suspension is great on nicely paved roads - smooth and tight handling.

On roads with a lot of bumps? Feels a bit harsh/rough. There is some boominess as well; however, I used the vinyl tubing method and it has helped.

Last edited:
I just received an email stating that my VIN has been assigned. Aren't I supposed to have a SA assigned as well, so that I can contact them if I had any questions? Is your 10th digit of your VIN a P? It's supposed to be the model year, with N being 2022. Mine is P, so I'm guessing they skipped O for 2023.
The letter O isn’t used in VIN numbers. P represents 2023.

I assume the person contacting you about your VIN is your SA, and you can reply to them with any questions.