Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Experience with Tesla has been Terrible! (Raleigh, NC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a VIN since the 20th, promised delivery to my house on the 22nd, still waiting for ANY communication from Tesla despite my phone calls, a visit to Santana Row showroom and offering to pick up the car myself from Fremont.

Unacceptable at this stage, but guess what, besides this forum, nobody cares about my problem hehe

• Love
Reactions: TRBo
There’s an article on electrek that states any deliveries accepted before September 27th are eligible for an additional 1,000 supercharger miles. (Though I’ve seen others state they were told “end of Q3.”) In addition, any orders that are not scheduled for delivery are also eligible per the article. Google “Tesla offers extra supercharger miles.”

Link to this? I picked mine up on Sept 7 but if it only says before 27th, then maybe Ill ask

There’s an article on electrek that states any deliveries accepted before September 27th are eligible for an additional 1,000 supercharger miles. (Though I’ve seen others state they were told “end of Q3.”) In addition, any orders that are not scheduled for delivery are also eligible per the article. Google “Tesla offers extra supercharger miles.”

Hmm, I couldn't use a referral since I ordered it earlier this year so I guess I won't see the extra as well.

ALERT! Raleigh, NC

Do NOT take delivery on vin 48242, we rejected this. Blue/black interior with hitch, 19's.

Trunk did not open, clearly had not been inspected by tesla. When button was pressed it hit the tail lights and jammed.
It was completely misaligned, we waited 2 hours -- they drilled out the hinges and replaced the pins with bolts. Tried to assure us there would be no issue what so ever. I had absolutely zero interest in taking this vehicle after delivery manager showed me what they had to do to fix it.

I am so sorry to hear of you experience. Hopefully you'll get assigned a new VIN quickly.

ALERT! Raleigh, NC

Do NOT take delivery on vin 48242, we rejected this. Blue/black interior with hitch, 19's.

Trunk did not open, clearly had not been inspected by tesla. When button was pressed it hit the tail lights and jammed.
It was completely misaligned, we waited 2 hours -- they drilled out the hinges and replaced the pins with bolts. Tried to assure us there would be no issue what so ever. I had absolutely zero interest in taking this vehicle after delivery manager showed me what they had to do to fix it.

I picked up my MY (Pearl White/Black/Induction/NoFSD) from the Raleigh location a little more than a week ago. The only reason I knew who my SA (Gabriella) was, was by having test driven the car and she introduced herself to me then. Crickets after that until I got a text asking to schedule my delivery date. After doing so, my VIN showed up. From ordering to delivery date, it was about a month. I didn't hear anything up until the day before when I received a call saying the car was still in transit to Raleigh. They called and emailed the next 2 days as well to say it was delayed yet again. On the actual delivery date, my heart sinks after they inform me that my car was damaged in transit (whoever loaded or unloaded the car damaged the undercarriage and therefore the frame and possibly the battery). The store leader was the one who left a message and the operations manager (they were also the ones updating me with the calls and emails, not my SA) was who I talked to about what kind of damage had occurred. They gave me the option of waiting a few weeks for the car to be repaired vs. waiting to be assigned . Obviously, I opted for the latter. I asked to be given priority with being assigned a new VIN and they said they would try their best.

One week later, I finally see a new VIN assigned without any updates from anyone. A week after that, still crickets so I emailed the SL and OM again asking when I would be able to take delivery. Store leader emailed me back with when it would arrive to Raleigh and possible pick up dates. Delivery date gets set for 2 weeks after that. From order to delivery, it was a total 8 weeks. Communication is definitely lacking (more from my SA than others at that location) but I actually had no issues calling the location and being able to speak to someone each time. Maybe it's more difficult now as it is nearing the end of the quarter?

As for the delivery itself, I felt a little rushed as my SA was allowing time to go over the car but pushing for me to sign papers throughout that time. She told me any issues would be fixed later and showed me how to schedule a service appointment through the app. Also told me that I have 7 days to return the car if I wanted to. Luckily, I was able to get an appointment before the 7 days were up so that my issues could be addressed. After reading about all the fitment and color mismatch issues on this site, my delivery excitement was dampened by a good number of those issues. I accepted anyways as I've scoured on here as to what could be easily fixed and what couldn't. Attempted to have them fix rear bumper color mismatch (although I've already accepted living with this and also saw this on EVERY white MY on the lot) but they came back saying it was "within spec." The doors and hood were misaligned and there was kind of a gap with the trunk but all of this was fixed during the service appointment (these were the issues that ate at me and were dealbreakers). Luckily, my car was built after the new tail lights came out. I was exponentially happier after the service appointment and am really enjoying the car. Getting my front windows tinted, the bumper PPF'd, and the whole car ceramic coated now.

Sorry that was such a long post. If anyone wants details regarding the process at this Raleigh location, just ask or shoot me a message.
The same SA (Gabriella) was extremely pushy and not customer focused to me as well. Customer service is not for her.

Reactions: VT_EE
Let us know how it goes!
Went exceedingly well. Car appears flawless. Appointment at 10:30am. On the road to work by 11 am. Home now and already charging.

Attachments

• Resized_PhotoGrid_1619819224729.jpeg
    Resized_PhotoGrid_1619819224729.jpeg
    428.6 KB · Views: 80
Newbie here too... I got a text message at 4PM on Friday that Saturday morning delivery will not happen because the car has been damaged in transport and need to replace rear door panel that is currently not in stock.
So they are replacing an entire door panel... go over it with a fine tooth comb when you’re there. Let us know how it goes.