Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Inspection Item - Sticker Residue on Dashboard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I work at a Lexus dealership and we have issues with paper work ( simple printed black and white sheets ) left on the dashbaord of cars creating a "shadow" . not sure how it happens some type of transfer

example a salesperson prints a sheet out that says " sold" or reserved for Jim Smith" and leaves it on the dash in the sun for a week

later the new owners sees a shadow of the words on the dash.

• Informative
Reactions: TQCLove
took a photo in my car, looks like identical shape of banding:
IMG_9240.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: fseir and Kbra
We had the exact same thing on ours. It wasn't visible when we took delivery...showed up about a week later. The service center replaced the entire dashboard cover piece.

A few after we got the car back, the new part is now showing the numerals "200" faintly in the center. It looks like there were some 3" tall number decals on it, and there's adhesive residue. Very strange. I'm bringing it back to the SC tomorrow morning...

• Informative
Reactions: fseir and Kbra
A few after we got the car back, the new part is now showing the numerals "200" faintly in the center. It looks like there were some 3" tall number decals on it, and there's adhesive residue. Very strange. I'm bringing it back to the SC tomorrow morning...

I just got back from the SC. They said that the "200" I saw looked like the numbers they use when tracking cars in the center -- so it was probably numerals they put on the dash and then my car sat in the sun for a couple of days last week.

She said she cleaned it with a Clorox wipe and it came right off. (Hopefully it won't reappear in a day or two..!)

So... don't leave anything on the dash when the car is in the sun!

• Informative
Reactions: fseir
Mine has a beautiful stylized logo "3" baked in...alas it's not centered and off angle. At first I thought it was on purpose...now I see it was part of some paperwork that blocked the sun which bleached the rest of the dash a lighter shade of pale.

Are all of you that have this "tatoo" on your dash getting the dash top replaced by Tesla service? If so, are they making a stink about replacing it?

--Cintoman

They replaced my entire dash cover the first time. The second time they were able to clean it with a clorox wipe.

They were gracious about the whole thing, handled it quickly and professionally, and definitely did not make a "stink" about it at all!

Reactions: fseir