Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery shennanigans & terrible customer service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As an ex-tesla owner, and in the market for a new car, I read such nonsense, and feel like dealing with oil changes is the better option :-/
Honestly, owning a Tesla was stressful. It drove great, AP was great, but I was constantly worried about poor service and nightmarish repairs. Need to pull the trigger on a new car soon, but looking less and less likely that it'll be a Tesla.

As an ex-tesla owner, and in the market for a new car, I read such nonsense, and feel like dealing with oil changes is the better option :-/
Honestly, owning a Tesla was stressful. It drove great, AP was great, but I was constantly worried about poor service and nightmarish repairs. Need to pull the trigger on a new car soon, but looking less and less likely that it'll be a Tesla.

I have been fortunate to have my Model 3 for 18 months and 22k miles and haven't been back to service for anything since delivery. Not discounting your own experience just offering my own perspective.

yeah right, gtfo troll

• Disagree
Reactions: neroden
OP sounds like a coddled wannabe prince.

yeah right, gtfo troll

What is wrong with you?

As an ex-Tesla owner, Tesla has treated me so wrongly so many times that it is really, really hard for me to consider a Tesla for a new car. I am not alone. This happens. Not everybody who says they're tired of being mistreated by Tesla is part of a massive TSLAQ conspiracy.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
What is wrong with you?

As an ex-Tesla owner, Tesla has treated me so wrongly so many times that it is really, really hard for me to consider a Tesla for a new car. I am not alone. This happens. Not everybody who says they're tired of being mistreated by Tesla is part of a massive TSLAQ conspiracy.
That is fine. There are plenty of other EVs out there. But I have never ever heard someone say they want to go back to oil changes. I'm sorry if I was harsh but that just sounds so outlandish as to be very hard to believe. And if that's the case, that someone wants to go back to ICE and not get a different make of EV (oh you know, they could get a Bolt, e-Tron, i3, niro, etc)... then this person is saying they don't give a rats ass about the environment (yet they have an avacado for an avatar, really?)... gimme a break

@dqd88 I am not a troll. I have owned two model s and one x. I have never owned any stock in tesla. I have spent my hard earned money to support this company and their mission. You are welcome to your opinions. But seriously, life is short, make sure you spend as much time as possible getting into stupid arguments with an avocado on the internet.

@dqd88 I am not a troll. I have owned two model s and one x. I have never owned any stock in tesla. I have spent my hard earned money to support this company and their mission. You are welcome to your opinions. But seriously, life is short, make sure you spend as much time as possible getting into stupid arguments with an avocado on the internet.
Hey buddy, why do you limit who can see your posting history? What do you have to hide?
So here we have Mr Avacado - he's not concerned about all the carbon we're pumping into the atmosphere and he wants everyone to eat avacados, ie veggie fat, not animal based fat.... is that accurate?

Hey buddy, why do you limit who can see your posting history? What do you have to hide?
So here we have Mr Avacado - he's not concerned about all the carbon we're pumping into the atmosphere and he wants everyone to eat avacados, ie veggie fat, not animal based fat.... is that accurate?

Oh get off your high horse... FFS... People can buy whatever they want to buy and given the current state of Tesla, I absolutely can't blame them. Wife's car needs to be replaced soon, not getting a second Tesla I can tell you that much. Hell no. We're probably getting a Jeep so we can use it as a toad behind our brand new RV (which gets just under 8 miles to the gallon). I bought a Tesla because the cars are amazing, not burning fossil fuels was just a bonus. I suspect many owners are just like me. I have solar and we conserve/recycle so we do what we can but there are limits.

Jeff

never lived in LA been there many times with my Car, traffic is very bad, but learned how to leave early, use different routes, always got to where I need to go on time. I even went A few times to LAX, to pick up friends, it's bad. but never cried about it, tell someone if you can't change where I would like to get my car, or anything I have bought, or you lose the sale, well the traffic didn't change, now your driving a Ford in it, not a Tesla, which is better in traffic. You didn't like the game took you ball and went home. Someone else has your Car and loving it. And most likely got a discount. You showed them.

• Funny
Reactions: jeffro01
never lived in LA been there many times with my Car, traffic is very bad, but learned how to leave early, use different routes, always got to where I need to go on time. I even went A few times to LAX, to pick up friends, it's bad. but never cried about it, tell someone if you can't change where I would like to get my car, or anything I have bought, or you lose the sale, well the traffic didn't change, now your driving a Ford in it, not a Tesla, which is better in traffic. You didn't like the game took you ball and went home. Someone else has your Car and loving it. And most likely got a discount. You showed them.

Um... Good for you? Not everyone has that kind of time to plan around the near constant 24/7 traffic...

Jeff

your right the traffic is bad, very bad, but that's where you chose to live, I loved LA, was glad I had my Tesla to drive thought it,, If I lived in LA, I maybe would hate to leave my house. Maybe Tesla should make home deliveries only. I can be very easily wrong, maybe for a Tesla, driving though all that traffic may not be worth it. But I still have to drive something.

That is fine. There are plenty of other EVs out there. But I have never ever heard someone say they want to go back to oil changes. I'm sorry if I was harsh but that just sounds so outlandish as to be very hard to believe. And if that's the case, that someone wants to go back to ICE and not get a different make of EV (oh you know, they could get a Bolt, e-Tron, i3, niro, etc)... then this person is saying they don't give a rats ass about the environment (yet they have an avacado for an avatar, really?)... gimme a break

Are you being serious? People buy cars for many different reasons. In the case of Tesla, it could be any of these things: looks, safety, comfort, no gas use, performance,.... Not everyone who bought a Tesla is a fanatic tree hugger.

Reactions: sharpgator
I don’t see any reason why people need to be so mean. OP expressed how he felt about the interaction and has every right to vote with his wallet. And he’ll do so no matter how much online criticism you give him.

Good companies - especially luxury ones - know that making the customer feel good is critical. Tesla should be treating any Model S customer like gold. They need the margin.

That said this is likely just a single individual who chose not to care and the lack of a system to force accountability. Most Tesla contacts I have had, including 3 from Fremont, bent over backwards to try to make me feel comfortable.

It’s unfortunate there’s no escalation path to give the OP an outlet to make his experience better.

I feel for the OP, Tesla should have tried to help him. Maybe all the Tesla were dropped off at that one Service Center, but it looks like a deal could have been made, pick the car up at a much easier time, on a later date at the closes Service Center to the OP. I think someone made this harder then it should be. maybe this is just a Calif. thing, I live in Kansas City in 2+ years never had a problem with the car or with the service Center. They go out of there way to please you.

I think it is a minimum expectation to be treated with respect and hospitality when spending $50k-$100K on a car.
Anything else is ludicrous.

Being treated like pet excrement and signaling some sort of fantasy virtue is a mental illness.

Reactions: kavyboy
I think it is a minimum expectation to be treated with respect and hospitality when spending $50k-$100K on a car.
Anything else is ludicrous.

Being treated like pet excrement and signaling some sort of fantasy virtue is a mental illness.

If you were serious about saving the planet - since you and your family are polluting parasites - there is only one correct answer...

I feel for the OP, Tesla should have tried to help him. Maybe all the Tesla were dropped off at that one Service Center, but it looks like a deal could have been made, pick the car up at a much easier time, on a later date at the closes Service Center to the OP. I think someone made this harder then it should be. maybe this is just a Calif. thing, I live in Kansas City in 2+ years never had a problem with the car or with the service Center. They go out of there way to please you.

From my experience, I think it’s no different than any other workplace. The head manager in charge of the location sets the tone and culture. Most lower employees just follow suit.

Fremont is very good to deal with for sales and service. 15 miles north to Dublin....most things are just garbage. Sales and service, especially, they couldn’t care less, except recording another sale.