Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery Story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my S90D in Raleigh on 10 Mar. I'll admit that many of the forum posts noting quality and delivery issues had me a bit on edge. Fortunately, our delivery experience was excellent! Ben and Anthony did a great job taking care of the introductions and the paperwork. We drove the 3.5 hours to Kitty Hawk with one stop at the Plymouth supercharger.
March 10, 2017 at 0910PM.jpeg
There was an earlier post where a new owner was unable to get the green light at Plymouth and I did find that you had to press it in pretty firmly to get a good connection. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I was unable to park in the center of the charging space and have the cable reach. I adjusted the car twice to no avail so I gave up and parked like a jerk. Luckily no one else was there (not unusual for Plymouth, I suspect). I think if the right tires were on the line, the cable might have reached. What am I missing here?
FirstSupercharge.jpg

I wasn't able to engage TACC or EAP due to the "cameras calibrating" message for the first leg of my journey. After the charge, the calibration completed and I was able to use both. TACC works differently than my previous car (Honda with sensing) so I can see there will be a bit of a learning curve. The first time I engaged it it want to accelerate to 81 and came closer to the car in front of me than I was comfortable with. I fumbled around for the distance setting but couldn't find it in the dark. Since the road is lightly traveled, I just dealt with that by passing. Unfortunately, my speed meant that I couldn't use EAP. I did see the lane lines dancing a bit as described on the forum.

Once I got home, I plugged her in and put her to bed. She got up in the middle of the night for her first update and that went painlessly. The increase in highway EAP speed is nice but still not high enough for most of my travels. I did review the manual to better understand TACC and following distance. I'll be taking her down to Florida next weekend so I'll have many more opportunities to learn.
TeslaGarage.jpg

The only downside is that I have some soreness on both sides of my face. I suspect, that's the smile...

What am I missing here?

I think the lines are painted totally wrong! I can see one that looks like it's been sandblasted off that appears in a more reasonable position, but that IS bizarre: it's not you.

From my own road trip, here's a typical western U.S. front-in supercharger:
front-in.jpg

...and a typical back-in one, in a MUCH busier spot (San Mateo, on the San Francisco peninsula):
back-in.jpg