Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery (Timeline + Experience) & Roadtrip: SF to O.C

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, is it your choice or does it make delivery faster if u pick up in Fremont?

Delivery at Fremont made it significantly faster...or else I would have still been waiting if I delivered at my local SC.

and did you have to pay a higher 9.25% sales tax rate since you took delivery in Fremont vs. 7.75% in most of O.C. ? California City and County Sales and Use Tax Rates - Cities, Counties and Tax Rates - California Department of Tax and Fee Administration

You pay sales tax based on where the car is registered...so delivery at Fremont doesn’t make a difference in terms of cost

Just curious, what Model X do you have? I have the 75D and the ride in mine is sooo hard. I’ve taken it to the SC a number of times to have them look at it, but they can’t really do much other than recalibrate it. My Model S was smoother and my Honda Odyssey is even so much smoother. Both on coil suspension.

Just curious, what Model X do you have? I have the 75D and the ride in mine is sooo hard. I’ve taken it to the SC a number of times to have them look at it, but they can’t really do much other than recalibrate it. My Model S was smoother and my Honda Odyssey is even so much smoother. Both on coil suspension.

90D... with 20 inch continental tires. I heard the Michelin tires are harsh

Delivery at Fremont made it significantly faster...or else I would have still been waiting if I delivered at my local SC.

Just to clarify - when you say you would still be waiting, is that because of transport time? I saw plenty of 3's heading south to the LA or San Diego destinations Christmas week. I don't think picking Fremont moves you up on the delivery list, only eliminates transport time.

Just to clarify - when you say you would still be waiting, is that because of transport time? I saw plenty of 3's heading south to the LA or San Diego destinations Christmas week. I don't think picking Fremont moves you up on the delivery list, only eliminates transport time.

My cousin reserved his 3 online about the same time as me online...owns a Model S and selected Costa Mesa as his delivery prefrence. He even configured on the same day as me but chose Costa Mesa SC for delivery. He got a VIN 35xx and is expected to take delivery next week.

I think Tesla is batching by location...I got my 3 within 9 days of config even though the estimate stated 4 weeks

Reactions: SlicedBr3ad
My cousin reserved his 3 online about the same time as me online...owns a Model S and selected Costa Mesa as his delivery prefrence. He even configured on the same day as me but chose Costa Mesa SC for delivery. He got a VIN 35xx and is expected to take delivery next week.

I think Tesla is batching by location...I got my 3 within 9 days of config even though the estimate stated 4 weeks
Anecdotal, but not definitive. I'd hate for people to think they all had to descend upon Fremont to get their car earlier (not counting transit time). There are plenty of people who took delivery the last week of the year in the LA area, for instance, who reserved the same time I did.

I think the Supercharging speeds quoted here are perfectly normal. Do not forget that the maximum charging speeds are attained when the battery has a very low state of charge. Charge speeds taper off at the top end to even out the charge over the thousands of cells, and to preserve battery longevity.
Also, looking at the charge rate in kilowatts I stead of mph hides the fact that you are adding range much faster in a 3 than in an S/X, as the 3 is a much more efficient car.

From everything I've read, the 3 Supercharges just fine.

Reactions: ölbrenner