Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm scheduled for delivery on Dec 6th. Called to add the new car to my insurance and with full coverage with max everything and $1,000 deductible it will only add $570 a year to my policy with one other car. From the stories on insurance here I was expecting to be hit hard. National General (not the General in TV ads).
Congrats and interesting that your insurance was taken up without a hassle.
AAA here in SoCAL won't even consider writing insurance on a Tesla.
They seem to consider Tesla a competitor. Yes, Tesla does offer insurance here in CA, but 20 years with AAA and they let me walk? Not smart.

I switched my insurance (Travelers) after they quoted $130/m extra to add tesla y with $1k collision deductible. Clearcover gave me $25/m increase with all other things being equal and better $500/250 collision/comprehension deductible for 2 cars.
Some insurance companies are trying to stay away from Tesla by quoting 150% more for a single car add in, this is a clear path to bankruptcy for them

I switched my insurance (Travelers) after they quoted $130/m extra to add tesla y with $1k collision deductible. Clearcover gave me $25/m increase with all other things being equal and better $500/250 collision/comprehension deductible for 2 cars.
Some insurance companies are trying to stay away from Tesla by quoting 150% more for a single car add in, this is a clear path to bankruptcy for them
well, to be fair, the insurance companies aren't giving up very much.
Consider that Tesla is a competitor.
Consider too, that Tesla only sells 1MM cars per year, in a market that's 16MM per year and an installed base of 225MM+.

They're welcome not to cover me. I'll find alternatives...that are often less expensive anyway.
Further, AAA (which I have used for 20 years) provides Roadside Assistance as part of a separate AAA Plus plan that's 85 bucks a year. That's about the only service I actually used.

Just scheduled delivery for 11/29: four months to the day after my OD.
i am at one week after getting a VIN, and no delivery text. EDD still showing 11/26 - 11/30. Spoke to someone in person at Tesla store, he said it looked like the car would not be delivered until 11/30 based on what he can see and delivery would most likely be by 12/3
We are twins!!

Reactions: booknerd35
i am at one week after getting a VIN, and no delivery text. EDD still showing 11/26 - 11/30. Spoke to someone in person at Tesla store, he said it looked like the car would not be delivered until 11/30 based on what he can see and delivery would most likely be by 12/3
Got my VIN on 11/15 and got "the text" this morning. Earliest delivery time was 11/29 but I could see how the holiday weekend might throw off your shipment.

**To clarify, the car would not arrive to the service center until 11/30, and then most likely deliver to me by 12/3

Reactions: mrwug
I talked to a SA last week to have my EDD on Hold until Jan. 2nd, 2022.

I received the below email this morning from Tesla... it said my order is going to be canceled????...

Anyone has received this email???

Screenshot_20211122-124523_Email.jpg