Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I been thinking about it, but that extra $8,000 man. Not sure I can do it. May if my monthly only goes up a few dollars I'll do it
yeah saw considering just paying the difference but i just called in to see if i can change the financing to include the new price since i'm pretty sure investing into tesla the extra 8k will appreciate more than the extra 120 bucks a month it is for the performance

yeah saw considering just paying the difference but i just called in to see if i can change the financing to include the new price since i'm pretty sure investing into tesla the extra 8k will appreciate more than the extra 120 bucks a month it is for the performance
You think it will appreciate more? How long you planning to keep the car? If we are talking current market, yeah because it’s so hard to come by but gigatexas getting closer and closer to being done and later down the road new battery type, is it still going to appreciate? My other concern is LR is harder to get verse P right now so I see more appreciation on LR verse P. I’m seriously asking because I’d like to know the thoughts on this. I ask because me personally, I think it is a waste to spend that to get a car faster but again, depends on each person. Just my take on it.

You think it will appreciate more? How long you planning to keep the car? If we are talking current market, yeah because it’s so hard to come by but gigatexas getting closer and closer to being done and later down the road new battery type, is it still going to appreciate? My other concern is LR is harder to get verse P right now so I see more appreciation on LR verse P. I’m seriously asking because I’d like to know the thoughts on this. I ask because me personally, I think it is a waste to spend that to get a car faster but again, depends on each person. Just my take on it.
i meant taking the 8k and investing it into like TSLA stock sorry for the confusion

My take is that what's important is the new construction quality to come from using both FRONT and REAR mega-casts, which weigh less than the steel pieces they replace.
This gets WEIGHT SAVINGS of 200-400 lbs (2170 battery pack gets 200lbs savings, 4680 structural pack, 400lbs - EM claims 10% weight savings).
That translates into RANGE, HANDLING, and PERFORMANCE.
It also means better construction quality. Less variance is the structure means hanging body panels gets more consistent.

My take is that what's important is the new construction quality to come from using both FRONT and REAR mega-casts, which weigh less than the steel pieces they replace.
This gets WEIGHT SAVINGS of 200-400 lbs (2170 battery pack gets 200lbs savings, 4680 structural pack, 400lbs - EM claims 10% weight savings).
That translates into RANGE, HANDLING, and PERFORMANCE.
It also means better construction quality. Less variance is the structure means hanging body panels gets more consistent.
This is why I pray it’s as good as the Shanghai model y.

I ordered a MYLR, red, induction wheels, 5 seats on 7/27 in Springfield, NJ. EDD was 11/8-28 until today, when it changed to a generic non-specific "January".

I've never seen anything like this with ordering a car.
I once ordered a new Porsche 911 model. 9 months later it was born to my garage.
Information in between was much like Tesla's is now.
We followed internet scuttlebutt regarding multiple factories / status, transit ships, multiple port landings, spurious sightings, and rumors exactly like Tesla.

Reactions: Samier_RN and M-S-M
I ordered a MYLR, red, induction wheels, 5 seats on 7/27 in Springfield, NJ. EDD was 11/8-28 until today, when it changed to a generic non-specific "January".

I've never seen anything like this with ordering a car.
Ignore the EDD - just expect 90 to 100 days for a VIN and you won’t be nearly as seasick. :) The generic entire month EDD should reset in the next day or so.

I ordered June 23, a LR with Induction wheels, my EDD was 10//27 - 11/16. I checked this morning and now it says January. I am personally going to go and roundhouse kick Elon. What is going on!!
That’s insane! The worst EDD I've seen for myself was "October" but that only lasted a day.
Ordered June 26th, EDD has been steady. Currently 09/28 - 09/30.
Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully it reverts back to sometime in September.