Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my delivery notification text this morning. July 9 order date, car is in transport, earliest pick-up date was Aug 10 but I can't make that day so it's scheduled for Aug 11. Just got my VIN this afternoon, it's a 241xxx. I'm happy for myself that it's only been a 1-month process, but feel badly for those of you who have been waiting longer and I hope you all get your cars soon.

So I ordered a LR 7 seater, blue on white with 19s and tow package on July 30 showing a delivery time frame of December which I was ok with.

Just checked my account page and see it now shows August 21-Sept 10. 🤔

I wasn't expecting a surprise moving up in dates especially from all I've been reading about everyone else's dates being pushed out. We'll see how true this date range is. I may have to defer delivery because I don't think I'm ready to take delivery so soon.
Very interesting. Canada 🇨🇦 thing maybe? I’m confused why that would matter but hey hopefully it’s true. More people getting their cars, the better.

Very interesting. Canada 🇨🇦 thing maybe? I’m confused why that would matter but hey hopefully it’s true. More people getting their cars, the better.
No such luck on my Canadian order. 7/7 vanilla MY order, Sitting with September 8-28 dates. They've been fairly consistent so far, and I'm patient, but I'll take a late August delivery please! :)

Reactions: Samier_RN
Been lurking here for a few months. Northern Virginia here (Washington DC). Ordered a Model Y LR (white ext, white int, 5 seats) on July 19, 2021. No ETA on delivery via site, but rep told me November is ideal time frame. This is a leased vehicle.

Reactions: josh62294
So I ordered a LR 7 seater, blue on white with 19s and tow package on July 30 showing a delivery time frame of December which I was ok with.

Just checked my account page and see it now shows August 21-Sept 10. 🤔

I wasn't expecting a surprise moving up in dates especially from all I've been reading about everyone else's dates being pushed out. We'll see how true this date range is. I may have to defer delivery because I don't think I'm ready to take delivery so soon.
Just checked again aaaaaaand my dates are all gone now, lol

Reactions: MTBevrider
That is correct. Long story. Removed my trade in and a "glitch" happened m it sent me to back of que when that happened.
In the other thread I explained more in depth and I seen it happened to one other person as well.
I’m sorry to hear! Yeah, it’s definitely frustrating! I originally had the tow as well, but took it off prior to releasing my order off hold. I dont know if the tow makes the car get delayed even more, though. I hope you get it soon! My EDD is still non existent as of this morning.

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
For June / July orders, what does it mean when you have these occasional flips from your normal EDD estimate to October ( for a day or two) and then back to your normal EDD. I’ve been told it means your car is moving to a different manufacturing process (good thing) but don’t know if that’s true. My car has flipped to October twice now, how many manufacturing process date flips are typical? Any way to gauge how far complete I may be based on two October flips?

EDD pushed back one day again but the end date staying the same, 8/7 - 8/21 now

Ordered on 7/8:

MY LR AWD, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 19s, AP, 5 seater
8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:
MYP, BLACK, WHITE INTERIOR, 21s, AP, 5 seater 8/2 - 9/3

EDD Timeline:
7/13: 8/8 - 8/28
7/14: 8/1 - 8/21
7/15: 8/15 - 9/4
7/16: 8/1 - 8/21
7/23: Grayed out "Review Agreements" button appeared
7/24: 8/8 - 8/28
8/1: 8/3 - 8/21
8/2: 9/5 - 9/25
8/3: 8/5 - 8/21
8/4: 8/6 - 8/21
8/5: 8/7 - 8/21 as of today!

Ordered on 7/8:

8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:

EDD Timeline:
Same for me

Ordered on 7/8:

8/2 - 9/3

7/9 modified order:

EDD Timeline:
Also same… MYP but it’s been 8/5 then 8/6 now 8/7. Getting pushed back by one day every day.

For June / July orders, what does it mean when you have these occasional flips from your normal EDD estimate to October ( for a day or two) and then back to your normal EDD. I’ve been told it means your car is moving to a different manufacturing process (good thing) but don’t know if that’s true. My car has flipped to October twice now, how many manufacturing process date flips are typical? Any way to gauge how far complete I may be based on two October flips?
I hope that’s the case, but I’m not sure. There’s no real hard data to be able to measure the EDD’s, and all the fluctuations. There are just too many variables. But i hope you’re right!! I had a solid EDD since my order, but disappeared yesterday.

Ordered June 8th, applied for the tesla finance yesterday and was approved instantly, then got a VIN today. Now my estimated delivery switch from August-Sep to now August 5th-9th. Is this really it? Can they still unassigned the VIN number?
Grats! you getting close! I have seen some get their VIN removed but rare I think. what are your specs?

OK, adding you to my envy list...and to confirm, this was a LR model, ordered on July 9th? I ordered in Nashville, TN on July 10th and still show a range for 2nd half of September. What were your typical EDD dates...August dates or September?

Thanks and enjoy your delivery process...BK
Correct. LR model, blue ext, black int, no FSD, no hitch, 19" wheels. For the first 3 weeks I had September EDDs, then it changed a couple of weeks ago to August and stayed there. I was skeptical and expected it to change back to EOQ delivery but to my surprise the August dates held. Hope you get yours soon!

Reactions: Frenchrock