Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of financing ^^^ I did go through Tesla, but my understanding was any rate provided/agreement is good for 30 days? So what happens when people dont get there cars delivered once financing is approved? Or does it work differently with Tesla Finance.

Reactions: josh62294
Speaking of financing ^^^ I did go through Tesla, but my understanding was any rate provided/agreement is good for 30 days? So what happens when people dont get there cars delivered once financing is approved? Or does it work differently with Tesla Finance.
You'll have to reapply every 60 days I believe. The simplest thing to do is have your SA change your payment to cash once your agreement date passes. Then you can switch back to financing when you get closer to delivery. That way you don't keep dinging your credit with inquiries.

Ordered June 8th, applied for the tesla finance yesterday and was approved instantly, then got a VIN today. Now my estimated delivery switch from August-Sep to now August 5th-9th. Is this really it? Can they still unassigned the VIN number?
Just an update:

Got a text message to schedule delivery for pickup on Burbank, CA location. Scheduled pickup on Aug 8th. Still can't believe how fast the VIN was assigned as soon as I applied for the loan. Should've done it sooner.

Reactions: ajs847
Ordered June 14th
MY LR 5 seater, black paint, black interior, 20' induction wheels, removed FSD

My EDD has been all over the place ranging anywhere from June to October. I even got an 'Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment' email from Tesla on June 18th, but there was no VIN, link or button in my account. Followed by a "Disregard Action Required: Complete Your Final Payment" email from Tesla on June 19th. My EDD currently says August 25 - September 14. I placed my order on my phone and have never spoken to an SA. Hopefully the car comes soon.

Reactions: joewithblueMY
Ordered July 15th
MYP Silver

This week the earlier day on my EDD range keeps pushing 1 day, currently at 8/20-9/2.

Does this mean anything? Anyone in the Charlotte/NC area getting any progress?

Ordered July 15th
MYP Silver

This week the earlier day on my EDD range keeps pushing 1 day, currently at 8/20-9/2.

Does this mean anything? Anyone in the Charlotte/NC area getting any progress?
I am in Charlotte also, and have a white/white performance ordered. My EDD is currently Aug 20 - Sept 15th, and was Aug 19th-Sept 15th yesterday. Tesla is asking for proof of insurance now, but says the VIN must be listed on the policy. Imagine I will get the VIN a few days before actual delivery though.

Last edited:
down to a 13 day window... 8/17-8/30. This morning it shifted on the early date by one day but the later one stayed the same.

I've seen this song and dance from the EDD's. Don't believe anything anything until I get a VIN and the car in front of me.
1628192471978.png

I am in Charlotte also, and have a white/white performance ordered. My EDD is currently Aug 20 - Sept 15th, and was Aug 19th-Sept 15th yesterday. Tesla is asking for proof of insurance now, but says the VIN must be listed on the policy. Imagine I will get the VIN a few days before actual delivery though.
Great choice! When did you order?