Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is the risk with any tech or car, but to be fair, I am seeing a lot of 2016-2021 cars selling just fine with minimal loss. There will always be so many what-if moments, but now I see it is with Tesla, we get a lot of over-the-air upgrades that help, and it is a TESLA...enjoy the now! The same goes for range, I used to have a Nissan Leaf in 2016, and I had 110 miles, and it was just fine for what I needed...having 300 now...well, I need just to drive more. Just my take on it.
yeah, I don't think about buying any other car instead of tesla (have been driving a model 3 for 2 years now), I also have a leased Nissan leaf, but 2020 and 186 miles range, the car is ok but I HATE the app, so slow and sometimes can't find the car to update the range, I'm going to return it on October 2022...

The only reason why I want the tesla now is because I got 1.49% 60 months, and I can list it on Turo or something and I will pay for it while I work from home, and I believe that the tesla model y is the car that I'm going to be able to keep for at least 10 years without replacing it(i usually get tired of cars super quick, and I'm always switching and losing money but we have a model 3 2018 and I love it, I believe I can def keep it for 10 years)... but at the same time, making payments of 1,211 every month...

I also thought about leasing it, but the Money Factor equals 4.39% APR, and I cant even buy the car in the end of lease

Last edited:
Reactions: Samier_RN
yeah, I don't think about buying any other car instead of tesla (have been driving a model 3 for 2 years now), I also have a leased Nissan leaf, but 2020 and 186 miles range, the car is ok but I HATE the app, so slow and sometimes can't find the car to update the range, I'm going to return it on October 2022...

The only reason why I want the tesla now is because I got 1.49% 60 months, and I can list it on Turo or something and I will pay for it while I work from home, and I believe that the tesla model y is the car that I'm going to be able to keep for at least 10 years without replacing it(i usually get tired of cars super quick, and I'm always switching and losing money but we have a model 3 2018 and I love it, I believe I can def keep it for 10 years)... but at the same time, making payments of 1,211 every month...
Totally get you; that is why it took me so long to get a Tesla, lol. I finally can afford it; I could never do it, and trust me, I have been following them for a LONG time (even invested). That would be a tough choice if I were you...personally, with what you have said, it does not seem like a "need" and more of a nice want while making money on the side (if I read that correctly, Turo is a car rental...right?). If you want that extra range, 2022 will be your best bet. I love the MY over the 3 because of the room. I like being up higher, and that extra storage for my dog is nice.

*I am still hunting for a good rate. I want to stick with Tesla but seeing who can give me a good rate because they will match it*

Reactions: Starway2001
Totally get you; that is why it took me so long to get a Tesla, lol. I finally can afford it; I could never do it, and trust me, I have been following them for a LONG time (even invested). That would be a tough choice if I were you...personally, with what you have said, it does not seem like a "need" and more of a nice want while making money on the side (if I read that correctly, Turo is a car rental...right?). If you want that extra range, 2022 will be your best bet. I love the MY over the 3 because of the room. I like being up higher, and that extra storage for my dog is nice.

*I am still hunting for a good rate. I want to stick with Tesla but seeing who can give me a good rate because they will match it*
yes, I don't really need it, is just because I don't spend money on anything else, I don't travel that much, I don't drink, don't have kids, don't party, so I would like to at least have something that I like, used prices now are crazy high, is not worth buying used, this is why I thought about buying new.

Yes Turo is a car rental, but I'm sure with an MYP, they are going to beat the car X_X, and maybe is not going to last 10 years like that hahahaha...

I thought about going with Tesla finance too, but they can't match my rate because I got approved for 2.49% and get 1% discount for having an account with StandfordCU and having a credit card, and Tesla can't match because they don't have the same requirements

I went with a credit union I've used before. Commonly even opening a savings/checking with them also saves some .75% APR or other incentive. I still get to figure out how smooth this all goes by delivery.

I went with a credit union I've used before. Commonly even opening a savings/checking with them also saves some .75% APR or other incentive. I still get to figure out how smooth this all goes by delivery.
Yeah, I need to see if my CU will give me a good rate. Been with them for years, but their site is saying 2.75%, and that is insane. My last car through them was only 1.75% so, hoping they do give incentives.

I'm out =P, can't really justify the price tag. Maybe in a couple of years.

Good luck guys 😁

1628288123876.png

July 20 order here from NY….I have had my EDD disappeared for about a week which was previously sep 12- sep30..Called a SA and he says he is seeing end of October delivery
October sounds about right. I was noted in November but recently told October. Frankly, they are still trying to get all the May and slowly starting June, so...yeah, I'd say about a two-month wait seems right.

Reactions: Rovin